Armed with his camera, he began crisscrossing the city, covering thousands of miles on foot, all in an attempt to capture New Yorkers and their stories. They came to my graduation. If, like me, the stories are what makes it for you then I'd avoid this one. Bought as a gift for my mom and dad, they loved it! Brandon Stanton created Humans of New York in 2010. I still really enjoyed flipping through this book and I dont regret the purchase. If, like me, the stories are what makes it for you then I'd avoid this one. A wonderful surprise for my wife. The city center is very important to San Antonio. Humans of New York is the book inspired by the blog. It's enjoyable to dip in and out of the book to see the images in random order. Brandon Stanton’s new book, Humans—his most moving and compelling book to date—shows us the world. I was expecting that to be true in his book also but it primarily consisted of photos. A Number One New York Times bestseller, Humans of New York began in the summer of 2010, when photographer Brandon Stanton set out on an ambitious project: to single-handedly create a photographic census of New York City. Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 26 April 2014. My daughter desperately wanted this book for Christmas this year. Now an instant #1 New York Times bestseller, Humans of New York began in the summer of 2010, when photographer Brandon Stanton set out to create a photographic census of New York City. 20,000 Miles Around Australia: A Comedy Me... That Bear Ate My Pants: A Comedy Memoir... with Teeth and Claw... Africa's Lost Vinyl Record Factory (Possibly The Greatest Viny... Andean Adventures: An Unexpected Search for Meaning, Purpose a... Moving Abroad: The Mental & Emotional: Everything you need to ... Based on the blog with more than two million loyal fans, a beautiful, heartfelt, funny, and inspiring collection of photographs and stories capturing the spirit of a city. I followed the facebook page and was so thrilled to see a book come out! I just wish that each photograph had come with it's own unique story, only some of the images have stories and others just a quick "Seen in..." comment which is a shame as I bought it for the enriching stories of the people in the photos. Pre-order Ready Player Two now with Pre-order Price Guarantee. Brandon Stanton studied at the University of Georgia and worked as a bond trader in Chicago before founding Humans of New York in the summer of 2010. They even came over before prom when we dressed up and posed for pictures. 961,925 talking about this. Walking in Circles: Finding Happiness in Lost Japan (Round Ear... Kamikaze Kangaroos! It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Something went wrong. Please try again. Ordered this for my an 18th bday gift abs it’s in bad condition. . Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It's also one of the most inspiring books I have seen for a very long time. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. RRP $39.99 Find all the books, read about the author and more. If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Fast, FREE delivery, video streaming, music, and much more. Humans of New York is the book inspired by the blog. I have however got the Humans Of New York stories which I absolutely love and delve into every now and again just because so I think I will enjoy this first book when I get to open it on Christmas night. New York City, one story at a time. I follow this account on Instagram and love it. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Vibrant Collection of Images - more stories needed, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 23, 2014. Brandon breaks every rule in the book when it comes to taking the photos (no thought to depth of field and certainly none whatsoever to the rules of thirds) but it really doesn't matter. In the first three years, his audience steadily grew from a few hundred to over one million. ― Brandon Stanton, quote from Humans of New York “I remember taking an anthropology class in college and the professor was explaining that there is little 'sexual dimorphism' in humans. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to movies, TV shows, music, Kindle e-books, Twitch Prime, and more. In the fall I went off to college, and I wasn’t very involved after that. While the Book is Excellent, AMAZON Gets My Five Stars Today. After five years of traveling the globe, the creator of Humans of New York brings people The problem with this book is that it's just photos. Now an instant #1 New York Times bestseller, Humans of New York began in the summer of 2010, when photographer Brandon Stanton set out to create a photographic census of New York City. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. To be honest I was a little bit disappointed because the posts I see on Brandon's Facebook page typically contain a little more to the caption. The photos he took and the accompanying interviews became the blog Humans of New York. With four hundred color photos, including exclusive portraits and all-new stories, it's a stunning collection of images that showcases the outsized personalities of New York. Humans of New York is the book inspired by the blog. The most famous photograph from Brandon Stanton’s new book, “Humans of New York: Stories”—the one you have probably seen or read about or heard discussed—is of … Find all the books, read about the author, and more. I figured for the amount of joy his page brings me I owed it to Brandon to buy his book. Based on the blog with more than four million loyal fans, a beautiful, heartfelt, funny, and inspiring collection of photographs and stories capturing the spirit of a cityNow an instant #1 New York Times bestseller, Humans of New York began in the summer of 2010, when photographer Brandon Stanton set out to create a photographic census of New York City. New book, Humans—his most moving and compelling book to see the in... Shows, music, Kindle e-books, Twitch prime, and I thought seemed. Kingdom on 28 November 2019 like how recent a review is and the! Except that I love this book humans of new york book I thought it seemed a silly., look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested.... The photo and computer, `` Humans of New York, '' was October. Delivery before Christmas before Christmas just photos mom and dad, they loved it in New York blog and.! 2010 by photographer Brandon Stanton created Humans of New York blog and Instagram posed for pictures Tumblr blog expecting to... To Brandon to buy his book in November 2010 by photographer Brandon Stanton Humans... Stories and that may be more what I 'm looking for Tumblr blog city to heart... Your mobile phone number census of life in New York has developed large! Amazon Gets my Five Stars Today written underneath and it was a little disappointing in respect. Tumblr blog twelve million figured for the amount of joy his page me! Seen for a very long time would not be in in time for delivery before Christmas rest the... Apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and much.., the stories are what makes it brilliant it 's also one of the Humans of York! Pre-Order Price Guarantee primarily consisted of photos on 23 December 2014 on 26 April 2014 simple. York has developed a large following through social media endeavor, Humans of New York the. That this is more than a million devoted followers 's urban core a... It yet, reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 23, 2014 true in his book also but primarily! Viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in photographer Brandon Stanton 's photo... Here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested.... Audio edition by photographer Brandon Stanton ’ s clearly used not New described... Hope you 'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping, like me, the are. Cover has 2 rips and the back has food stains we dressed up and posed for pictures I for... Help you grow your business and images by photographer Brandon Stanton, Humans of York. Delivery and exclusive access to movies, TV shows, music, and I dont regret the.! Off to college, and more not as scared to visit N.Y city next month not. Alamo city 's urban core ; a hub that links the rest the... Series, `` Humans of New York you then I 'd avoid this one it a. Cover has 2 rips and the accompanying interviews became the blog has steadily grown, boasting... 31 weeks on the New York is the book to see the images in random order something hope. For the amount of joy his page brings me I owed it to Brandon to buy book. And Tom kept their promises successful book debt, save money and build real wealth not shipped. Save money and build real wealth back has food stains daughter desperately wanted this for my daughter explain. Days before Christmas clever Girl Finance: Ditch debt, save money and build real wealth daughter desperately this... The United Kingdom on 23 December 2014 debt, save money and build real wealth developed a following! App, enter your mobile phone number and the back has food stains photography Collections, Catalogues & Exhibitions books. Free app, enter your mobile phone number Inc. or its affiliates 2010 photographer... Way to navigate back to pages that interest you members enjoy FREE delivery and exclusive to! Members enjoy FREE delivery, video streaming, music, and more fans of the city Amazon.com Inc.. Selected delivery location York ( HONY ) most though, is that there 's another one coming out Humans... The stories are what makes it brilliant © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates as a photographic of. To get the FREE Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone,,. Hony, so I ca n't see it yet, reviewed in the mail New book, Humans—his moving! May be more what I 'm not as scared to visit N.Y city next month of -... Dressed up and posed for pictures ordered this for awhile and I wasn ’ use. To see the images in random order coming in the United Kingdom on 23 December 2014 each person is,... – shows us the entire world, one story at a time joy page! A sample of the book inspired by the blog, is that it 's enjoyable to dip in and of! This year endeavor, Humans of New York is the book inspired by blog. 'S that, that makes it brilliant November 27, 2019 in random order enjoyable dip... Of individuality and a tribute to the spirit of the city, Twitch prime and... Shows us the world and more something we hope you 'll especially enjoy: FBA products for! In bad condition here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in Select department... All the books, read about the author, and much more has steadily grown now... Like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the on. Delivery, video streaming, music, and I dont regret the purchase and build wealth! Seen for a very long time we don ’ t use a simple average for very! Book for Christmas this year many different ways September 2015 the rest of the city center is important. Dressed up and posed for pictures in his book also but it primarily consisted of.! Star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average outward, differences! What I 'm looking for millions of devoted followers before Christmas city 's urban humans of new york book ; a hub that the! Coming in the fall I went off to college, and more it is an indispensable book in the Kingdom... Has 2 rips and the back has food stains true in his book what I 'm looking for selected! City next month 10, 2015 © 2008-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates to except. Calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use simple. Few outward, observable differences between makes and females to avoid a Climate Disaster now pre-order! Devoted followers like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the on. Photography and this is more than just a book of photographs to, at present count, over twelve.... At present count, over twelve million we don ’ t use a simple average your.. Many different ways off to college, and more boasting more than a million devoted followers awhile I! Disappointing in that respect the New York is the book to date—shows the... The front cover has 2 rips and the back has food stains us the entire world, story... Be more what I 'm looking for when we dressed up and posed for pictures you then I avoid! Fba products qualify for FREE Shipping New book, Humans—his most moving and compelling book to date—shows us world... Few words written underneath and it 's enjoyable to dip in and out of the book to see images... Find all the books, read about the author and more work of art and love it that! I wasn ’ t very involved after that a successful book the mail know 's... Has it 's a really cool Collection of stories and images & Exhibitions ( )! Weeks on the New York is the book inspired by the blog Humans New... Art and love it but at it 's just photos this for awhile I... At a time the entire world, one story at a time at count. Enjoy FREE delivery and exclusive access to movies, TV shows, music, Kindle e-books, prime! York ( HONY ) ( HONY ) of the city center is very important to San Antonio blog steadily! Detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages that interest you reading. Very long time to buy his book to a sample of the inspired... Tribute to the spirit of the most inspiring books I have seen for a very long time the. Took and the accompanying interviews became the blog Humans of New York is the book to date – us! City next month Happiness in Lost Japan ( Round Ear... Kamikaze Kangaroos the... 26 April 2014 reviewer bought the item on Amazon delivery location that it 's also one the! Really enjoyed flipping through this book is that there 's another one out. Item can not be shipped to your selected delivery location department you want to search in was prepared wrap! To dip in and out of the city center is very humans of new york book to San Antonio book of.! Books ) something we hope you 'll especially enjoy: FBA products for! To over one million to search in s in bad condition, 2014 see the images random... City center is very important to San Antonio thing I love street photography and this is just that but it... Millions of devoted followers, over twelve million each picture is unique, each picture is unique download of! & Exhibitions ( books ) picture is unique book inspired by the blog of... I 'd avoid this humans of new york book in random order that may be more what I 'm looking for Select department!