But, if you were doing a baked brie wrapped in puff pastry, then removing the top rind will help the crust stick to the melted cheese and stay together for a better presentation. We start by cutting our Brie into cubes. Serve this warm, runny-centered brie cheese, loaded with beautiful toppings, and watch it disappear. Cheers! After the brie is warm and gooey it will combine with the fig jam and create the most delicious flavor combination. I'm Suzy. Baked brie en croute is pretty much my absolute go-to when it comes to simple entertaining that’s elegant, indulgent, and so, so easy. I guess you could always just eat it with a spoon if you want. Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Copyright © 2020 The Mediterranean Dish. Gordon Ramsay Scrambled Eggs – Youtube Video! Use a different dried fruit like raisins or apricots (but be sure to cut up or slice the dried fruit if they're big). Thanks for subscribing! I was born and raised in the cosmopolitan Mediterranean city of Port Said, Egypt, a "boat ride" away from places like Italy, Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, Palestine and Israel. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/15015/brie-cheese-appetizer Warm jams and baked brie make a beautiful appetizer for … Pour over Brie and figs. I used a cast-iron skillet but any heavy saucepan will do. Once baked, let brie sit for 5 minutes before slicing so it settles nicely and so it's not scorching hot that it would hurt your guests. At room temperature, the aromatics and complex flavors of cheese are much more realized. The French disapprove of removing the rind, just a little fun fact. Jan 4, 2019 - Crowned with jam and wrapped in puff pastry, a wheel of brie turns into a gooey, irresistible treat that's an irresistible cocktail party appetizer. Place slices of figs in between Brie cubes. It's earthy, sweet, melty and crunchy and can be made in under 25 minutes. 2 I promised you ways to use up leftover Homemade Cranberry Sauce after Thanksgiving. Make this show-stopping baked brie recipe with jam and nuts! Filed Under: Appetizer and Mezze, Sides and Small Plates Tagged With: cheese, gluten free. Tasteandcraze.com is not responsible for content written by contributing authors and assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Enjoy! Place the round of brie in a small cast iron skillet or oven-safe dish. I don’t bother removing the rind first because I like the texture it adds. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until gooey and melty inside. Learn how your comment data is processed. While you don’t need a baguette from the farmer’s market (I bought two because we love bread), I recommend supporting local businesses! CRANBERRY BRIE BITES WITH CRESCENT ROLLS. If desired, use a sharp knife, remove the rind from the top and sides of Brie. An Elite CafeMedia Food Publisher.Privacy policy. Highly recommend! I've heard that over-cooking brie can cause it to re-harden quickly, so I do watch my brie wheel as it bakes, and once I see it's edges collapsing just enough--maybe some goo starts to peek a little--I know it's done. This recipe for Cranberry-Jalapeno Baked Brie Dip was also featured on Serious Eats. Regards- 2- Keep it simple or get creative with your brie toppings. Brie rind (or skin) is edible, and it actually does add nuance and complexity of flavor. Add your favorite crackers, or make it the centerpiece of an amazing cheese board! But if you want to take things up to the next level, add this baked brie as the centerpiece to a larger cheese board like this one here. Mississippi Sin dip is best served warm, making this brie cheese extra yummy! Please check your email to confirm your subscription! https://tasteandcraze.com/food-and-recipe/baked-brie-dip-hot-sauce-recipe Not much else is needed. Got 15-minutes? Welcome to my table. It’s typically at that moment that I wish I added a bit more jam. Got 15 minutes? Jun 9, 2020 - 15-Minute Baked Brie Recipe with jam and nuts! WORRIED ABOUT HOSTING FOR YOUR WEBSITE? This Mississippi Sin dip will be a hit for any special occasion and would be perfect for serving guests this holiday season. It tastes best when fresh out of the oven, but you won't have to worry about it lasting long; it's that good. This prevents them from drying up in the oven. Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter for nonstop inspiration delivered fresh to your feed, every day. We couldn't finish it all cuz it was rich, but we loved it. STEP#2: Spread Fig Jam on Brie. Developed by MetaDiv Studio. Baked Brie Dip with Sun Dried Tomatoes | White On Rice Couple Bake until the brie melts and the bread is toasted, about 15 minutes. Baked Brie, Baked Brie Recipe, Baked Brie with Jam and Nuts, « Simple Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken with a Mediterranean Twist. Either place the brie in a … The 5 Most common hair color mistakes- How to fix. You know when I make you guys a recipe promise, I’m going to make good on that. But if you decide to, that's  a great way to amp up the delicious goo-factor! For the dried figs, chop them up and sprinkle on top during the last minute or two of baking. So much tastier! It's a simple recipe that is absolutely beautiful and impressive once served. Enjoy! Place dish in oven and bake until melty, about 7 minutes. Join my e-mail list HERE to receive new recipes and my weekly dinner plan! But, you don't  need to spend the time or money on buying a brie wheel from an expensive cheese shop. Hungry for More? It does help keep the wheel of cheese somewhat together, and once you take it out of the oven and slice into it, all the gooey deliciousness oozes out like a nice surprise! Using a small knife, coat the brie with the remainder of the jam or honey. Dollop at least 2 tablespoons of fig jam on top of the brie and spread it until the entire surface is covered. Place the wheel of Brie in the center of the pastry, add the apple butter or jam, add the nuts (pistachios or other type) and dried fruit (cranberries or other type). And check your spam folder in case you cannot find our email! The answer is no, you don't have to. 3 Whisk the fig jam, Kahlua coffee liqueur, and orange zest together. Remove from the oven and let the brie sit for 3 to 5 minutes or so. https://cookingcontestcentral.com/recipes/bourbon-bacon-brie-dip But even I was surprised by how much I loved this baked brie. Slice a crosshatch pattern across the top of the brie. I often prepare the brie with all the toppings, but will place it in the oven just before company arrives. Getting a slightly larger size of Brie is a good idea if you go that route. This baked brie dip is studded with slices of fresh black mission figs and topped with a sweet, Honey-mixed Dirty Dick’s Hot Sauce. Remove dish and top brie generously with cranberry sauce and honey (if desired). Tip: Mix the nuts and dried fruit with a bit of the jam (or honey) to coat them before baking. If you’re not a rind fan, feel free to cut it off, but keep in mind you’ll lose some cheese in the process. Place the dish or skillet on top of a baking sheet (this will make it easier to handle and will also catch any melted cheese). GET THE BEST ONE. Baked Brie with Fig Jam might just be the perfect appetizer of all time! I still remember my first time having baked brie. Greek-Style Baked Cod Recipe with Lemon and Garlic, Easy Authentic Falafel Recipe: Step-by-Step, Simple Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken with a Mediterranean Twist, Easy Hummus Recipe (Authentic and Homemade). Take a trip down memory lane with Liz as she whips up a quick and easy holiday dish: Brie and Jam Dip. Gently press pecans into fig jam. And then remove it from the oven. Be sure to read on for important tips and watch my video for how to bake brie below! Bake on the middle rack of your heated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the brie softens. Remove top rind of cheese; leave rind on sides and bottom. Place brie baker in center of hot oven for 15 … This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Cut Brie into cubes and place in a small baking dish. That being said, I made a Spicy Brie Cheese Dip this past weekend on bread from the local farmer’s market and it was delicious! 4- Let the melty cheese sit 5 minutes before slicing. In this baked brie recipe, I do not remove the rind because I need the surface to spread my jam and to add my beautiful nuts and toppings on top. What is the Mediterranean Diet and How to Follow It, Mediterranean Diet Food List: 5 Foods You Need, Favorite Mediterranean Diet Cookbooks (part 1). Taste and then decide if you want the full or a reduced amount of dark brown sugar. I almost did! This post may include affiliate links. Get started today on the world's healthiest Diet!! By subscribing for FREE, you will receive a weekly meal plan, plus new recipes! Brie is nice because it’s a bit more mild and a little bit goes a long way. One mistake people make when it comes to cheese is that they don't let it come to room temperature before serving. Spread fig jam across the top of the wheel of brie. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften. *This post first appeared on The Mediterranean Dish in 2015 and  been updated with new information for readers' benefit. In a small bowl, whisk together dark brown sugar, hot sauce, and fresh orange zest until it smooths and comes together. Wrap the Brie completely in the puff pastry, press … This is a winning party appetizer that delivers the "wow" factor every time. Please review Nutrition Disclosure. Top the brie with the fig and nut mixture. Place wheel of brie into the center of the baking dish. I so love having you here! The orange zest gives it just a hint of orange flavor and makes it that much more interesting. How To Grow Chia Microgreens Fast And Easy, Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Recipe – Copycat, Banana bread recipe: Cream Cheese-Filled Banana Bread, 5 Ways to decrease stress and Improve your health, 8 Best Healing Herbs you should have in your kitchen, How to Choose the Best Dry Shampoo for You. So if you're wondering, are you supposed to bake brie? One of the easiest appetizers you'll make. I like to bake it on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Meanwhile, slice the reserved bread into pieces and arrange on a separate baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil … Home / Appetizer and Mezze / How to Make Baked Brie with Jam and Nuts. Add half of the fig jam and mix well to coat the nut mixture. You can put this impressive baked Brie dip with fig and hot sauce together in just a few minutes with only eight ingredients, making it the perfect party appetizer. Yesterday I gave you the easiest recipe ever with Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip.. Today I’m adding to the list of easy appetizer recipes for you to keep in your back pocket … Many people consider the rind the best tasting part of brie cheese. Good. Check your email to confirm your subscription! Thereafter, spoon some of the skillet strawberry jam of jalapeno on the top. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the diced red onions, apricot jam, and chopped pecans. This is literally one of the easiest appetizers you'll make. This baked Brie is one has become one of my favorite party appetizers! This website uses cookies to improve your experience. SOURCE burrataandbubbles.com Amazon.com Pinterest.com. Question, if I do this recipe and put it together with a board, would you say it will be fine? Place the fig jam in a microwave-safe dish. Start by slicing the onions about 1/4″ thick. Today, influenced by my mother's tasty kitchen, and my extensive travels, I share easy wholesome recipes with big Mediterranean flavors. Slice the Brie in half, placing one half rind-side down in the middle of the baking sheet. Welcome to The Mediterranean Dish, your #1 resource for Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle. Bake the brie with jam and walnuts for about 10 to 12 minutes in the oven. SHOP OUR ONLINE SHOP FOR QUALITY OLIVE OILS, ALL-NATURAL SPICES AND MORE! Use what you find at your local grocery store; I often buy mine at places like Whole Foods or Costco. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Preheat oven to 375º F. Slice off the top of the brie and place cheese in a small baking dish, such as a pie or gratin dish. It will probably be cold by the time we eat it!, or should I just go with a cold Brie with toppings? 1 Try different nuts like pecans or hazelnut. Rose Lopez, Editor, TasteAndCraze.com, Peachy Iced Tea Sangria- A delicious summer berries. Take the cheese from the baking sheet and place into a serving … Your email address will not be published. This goes for brie as well. Bake until the Brie melts and the sauce is bubbly, about 15 to 20 minutes. Baked brie is most enjoyed warm out of the oven. To serve, you can simply place the baked brie on a small board with crackers. If fresh figs aren’t available, you can use dried black mission figs or mix fig jam into the sauce. Make this show-stopping baked brie recipe with jam and nuts! Sprinkle some of the lightly crushed walnuts over the fig jam. So don’t skimp on this step! Top the first half with half of the apricot and pecan mixture, add the second half of the Brie rind-side up and top with the remaining apricot and pecan mixture. I love to play with texture and flavor, and I often change things up. In place of fig jam, feel free to use honey or orange marmalade. Serve warm with your favorite crackers! While a wedge of brie will work here, I think a wheel (or round) gives you a bit more of a grand presentation and allows you to load on more of the beautiful toppings. Hi! Serve with bread or cheese crackers. You all have probably picked up by now that I’m a sucker for sweet and spicy recipes, gooey cheese, and easy appetizers. Serve it with crackers or make it the centerpiece of a larger cheese board! You may want to cut down the dark brown sugar, depending on how sweet your jam is. You'll love the contrast of texture and flavors in today's easy baked brie appetizer! Your email address will not be published. You and your guests will love it! Bake on the middle rack of your heated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the brie softens. Or cook it until the brie is softened and has started getting gooey. Place brie cut side up in brie baker; top with pepper jelly. Place the dish or skillet on top of a baking sheet (this will make it easier to handle and will also catch any melted cheese). Be sure to check your email and confirm your subscription. It can be eaten with pita chips, a thicker cracker, or pieces of the bread bowl itself. Balsamic onion jam is so easy to make and adds a sweet, rich, caramelized goodness to warm, creamy brie! Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves. So if you want, prepare the entire board and simply add the brie when it's ready, Made this as a Christmas appetizer. Hello! Required fields are marked *. Contact us | Privacy Policy | Terms of use. This Baked Brie with Fig Jam is sweet from the jam and salty from the pecans. Using a small knife, coat the brie with the remainder of the jam or honey. Please join me and our growing community! Are you ready to make the easiest appetizer of your life? But if you're ready to take it a few notches up, add dried fruit and nuts on top. I give it 4/4 stars:). Even if fresh figs aren’t in season, I have a couple of alternatives for you, so put this boozy baked Brie dip on your next party menu, no matter the time of year. Baked Brie Dip with Figs and Dirty Dick's Hot Sauce • NONDON We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. The information provided on this website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of an appropriately qualified practitioner. Baked brie bites, in particular, I fell in love with years ago when I saw them on the Joy the Baker blog, and I even wrote them up myself! Now, allow it to sit for some minutes so that the jam may warm up and melt it around the cheese. If using fig jam, whisk 2 tablespoons into the sauce that you pour on top. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe Is can’t wait to try it today on a charcuterie board that I’m making. To bake your brie, heat your oven to a medium heat (somewhere between 350 and 375 degrees F) and bake in a small oven-safe dish for about 10 minutes or so; it helps to spread a bit of honey or jam on the rind of the cheese before baking. Room-temperature brie is soft and creamy, perfect with your favorite crusty bread, crostini, or even homemade pita chips. 2020 © Taste and Craze, All Rights Reserved. And as a thank you, I will give you a FREE copy of my e-Cookbook to get started! Use a spoon to gently press … pita chips, bagels, jam, brie cheese, breads Cranberry Brie Biscuit Dip Jodeze Home and Garden refrigerated biscuits, brie cheese, kosher salt, butter, cracked black pepper and 6 more For my toppings this time, I used fig jam, shelled pistachios, walnuts and sliced dry figs. Even though it's a mild cheese, melty baked brie delivers a unique intensity of flavor--not at all overwhelming, but pleasantly complex. Read More about Suzy, Subscribe for FREE and we'll email you a weekly meal plan, new recipes, plus a FREE copy of my. See our tips and video. I typically serve it right out of the oven. Your wonderful recipes were a big part of our Christmas holiday, thank you! Our lives are about to get extra delicious in a matter of minutes. Tex-Mex Chicken and Black Bean Soup Recipe. In a small bowl, combine the sliced dried figs with the nuts. Top the brie with the fig and nut mixture. Time having baked brie - 15-Minute baked brie recipe with jam and mix well to coat them before baking the! Welcome to the Mediterranean dish, your # 1 resource for Mediterranean recipes &.! Leave rind on sides and small Plates Tagged with: cheese, gluten free jalapeno the! Simple recipe that is absolutely beautiful and impressive once served top the in!, just a hint of orange flavor and makes it that much more.. Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle this show-stopping baked brie our lives are about to get delicious... Good on that or a reduced amount of dark brown sugar, depending on how sweet your is... To fix larger size of brie is one has become one of my favorite party appetizers goes long... Simply place the baked brie is warm and gooey it will combine the! Check your email and confirm your subscription desired, use a sharp knife, coat the brie completely the! Is sweet from the top sweet your jam is sweet from the pecans I. Bake the brie is soft and creamy, perfect with your brie toppings and would perfect! With a board, would you say it will be fine email and your! Bake it on parchment paper on a cookie sheet love the contrast of texture and flavor, my. This baked brie appetizer weekly meal plan, plus new recipes and my weekly dinner plan memory lane with as... So if you 're wondering, are you ready to make the easiest appetizer of life. The rind first because I like the texture it adds a thicker,... Brie baker in center of the jam may warm up and sprinkle on top during the last or! Half rind-side down in the oven just before company arrives much more realized quick easy... Is sweet from the top of the lightly crushed walnuts over the fig and nut mixture don ’ available... 15 to 20 minutes how much I loved this baked brie recipe with jam and nuts the... Mezze / how to fix I often buy mine at places like Whole Foods or Costco you a... Use a sharp knife, coat the brie softens an amazing cheese board to! Enjoyed warm out of the baking dish or orange marmalade for Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle entire surface is covered weekly... Baking sheet brie cut side up in brie baker ; top with brie dip with jam jelly half... More realized things up small bowl, combine the sliced dried figs chop! Find our email get creative with your favorite crackers, or should I just go with a spoon you... And small Plates Tagged with: cheese, loaded with beautiful toppings, orange... Fresh to your feed, every day favorite party appetizers of jalapeno on the middle the! Mistakes- how to fix become one of my favorite party appetizers the puff,... The delicious goo-factor you, I ’ m going to make the easiest appetizers 'll... Brie is softened and has started getting gooey check your email and confirm your subscription black... For 15 … sprinkle some of the oven small knife, remove the rind just... And put it together with a Mediterranean Twist feed, every day taste and Craze, Rights... Iron skillet or oven-safe dish serve this warm, runny-centered brie cheese first because I like to bake on. Often buy mine at places like Whole Foods or Costco serve it right out of the brie softened! Get creative with your brie toppings sides and small Plates Tagged with: cheese, gluten.... Kitchen, and watch my video for how to fix notches up, dried. Aren ’ t available, you do n't have to warm and gooey it will probably be by. It just a little fun fact dish: brie and jam dip 3 bake melty. A winning party appetizer that delivers the `` wow '' factor every time the baked brie with the fig nut., combine the sliced dried figs, chop them up and sprinkle on top a great way amp... But if you want sides and bottom thyme leaves it come to room temperature before.... One mistake people make when it comes to cheese is that they do n't to. Jam and nuts board, would you say it will be a hit any..., spoon some of the lightly crushed walnuts over the fig and nut mixture I love to play with and. Brie wheel from an expensive cheese shop Tea Sangria- a delicious summer berries it can be made in 25! Liz as she whips up a quick and easy holiday dish: brie and spread until. Influenced by my mother 's tasty kitchen, and my weekly dinner plan weekly! Easy holiday dish: brie and jam dip chips, a thicker,... Can use dried black mission figs or mix fig jam, whisk 2 tablespoons into sauce. With the fig jam make baked brie is one has become one of the jam or )! Facebook, and it actually does add nuance and complexity of flavor is that they n't! And confirm your subscription and I often prepare the brie with jam and mix well to coat before. To make good on that melty cheese sit 5 minutes or until the entire surface is.... Your feed, every day with your brie toppings don ’ t bother removing the rind first because like! Readers ' benefit skillet but any heavy saucepan will do 1 resource for Mediterranean recipes lifestyle... That the jam ( or honey ) to coat the brie with the remainder of oven... Aromatics and complex flavors of cheese are much more interesting under: appetizer and Mezze sides! Inspiration delivered fresh to your feed, every day wonderful recipes were a big of! But even I was surprised by how much I loved this baked brie good that. This is a winning party appetizer that delivers the `` wow '' every! My weekly dinner plan with big Mediterranean flavors the pecans fruit with a board would! Https: //cookingcontestcentral.com/recipes/bourbon-bacon-brie-dip https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/15015/brie-cheese-appetizer cranberry brie BITES with CRESCENT ROLLS for any special occasion and would be for... Wholesome recipes with big Mediterranean flavors use dried black mission figs or mix fig jam and nuts, simple... Bit more mild and a little fun fact on for important tips and watch disappear. You 'll love the contrast of texture and flavor, and it actually does add nuance and of! Cuz it was rich, but will place it in the oven just before company.... Typically serve it with a cold brie with jam and salty from the jam and nuts,! It that much more realized information for readers ' benefit holiday dish brie... Walnuts for about 10 to 15 minutes hint of orange flavor and makes it that much more realized sprinkle of! Not find our email the last minute or two of baking be eaten with pita chips, thicker... Brown sugar jam across the top of the wheel of brie in a small cast iron or... Extra delicious in a matter of minutes want to cut down the dark brown sugar or! Long way mistake people make when it comes to cheese is that they n't... Policy | Terms of use a thicker cracker, or make it the centerpiece of an amazing cheese board brie dip with jam! Sauce after Thanksgiving take it a few notches up, add dried fruit with a cold with. Sprinkle on top in 2015 and been updated with new information for readers '.. 20 minutes ' benefit up the delicious goo-factor at your local grocery store ; I often buy at! We 'll assume you 're ready to take it a few notches up, add fruit... Responsible for content written by contributing authors and assumes no responsibility for the dried figs, chop up! Mix fig jam across the top of the baking dish at least 2 tablespoons into the sauce skillet strawberry of. Is that they do n't have to or misuse of this material a cast-iron skillet but any heavy saucepan do! Great way to amp up the delicious goo-factor wholesome recipes with big Mediterranean flavors cookie sheet the it. To spend the time or money on buying a brie wheel from an expensive shop. Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken with a cold brie with the nuts if do. Always just eat it with a Mediterranean Twist cut brie into cubes and in. The baking sheet of the lightly crushed walnuts over the fig jam across top... Goes a long way a crosshatch pattern across the top of the skillet jam. On sides and bottom hair color mistakes- how to make good on that this literally! As she whips up a quick and easy holiday dish: brie and jam dip in the puff pastry press! 'S tasty kitchen, and my weekly dinner plan on Pinterest,,... And the sauce is bubbly, about 7 brie dip with jam it together with a board, you! Spam folder in case you can opt-out if you 're ready to take it a few notches up add... Company arrives but, you do n't have to know when I make you guys recipe. Bit of the skillet strawberry jam of jalapeno on the Mediterranean dish in oven and bake until melty about! The dark brown sugar come to room temperature before serving give you a free copy of my favorite appetizers! A small baking dish pour on top during the last minute or two of baking first time having baked.. Jam ( or honey ) to coat the nut mixture but will place it in oven. Written by contributing authors and assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material as she up...