Then, move it slowly across the wall, marking the spots where it … Generally, you want to keep a clearance of six to 12 inches from the top of the mantel to the bottom of the TV. But I will say that the average person tends to want their TV installed higher than is necessary, remember that you will usually be sitting down when viewing your TV so it helps to visualise things if you’re sitting down when planning your TV height. For one thing, you might decide you prefer your TV higher so you can stand while you watch TV. Then use the mounting template to measure the exact height you want to mount the TV on the wall. To mount your flat screen TV and make sure it stays on the wall, you have to have to pick the right mounting kit for the job. Then subtract 12 from 42, which is 30. Unscrew the mount piece on the wall. If you’re mounting a larger TV, you also want to consider a tilting TV wall mount that includes an extension, so you can get the maximum tilt. Use your findings to mark the correct height on the wall where you’ll be hanging your TV. You probably don't have this option. Add New Question. See if you can see inside how it's mounted. As with bedrooms you’re far more likely to be watching TV bed laying down, horrible habit I know but we all do it nowadays! Next, screw on correctly-sized brackets to the back of your TV with a screwdriver. A fireplace, sound system, or other furniture might not allow you to set up a wall-mounted TV at eye level. Grab the TV wall bracket – we’ve used a Crest Large Full Motion TV Wall Mount With Superior Control and line it up so it fits with the studs. I would say a couple of foot from the ceiling would be good,but it really does depend on the size of the TV and how far you’re going to be when watching. Using a level, put the mount at the line that you’ve marked. Compare this with the maximum operating temperature stated in your TV manual. ", "The service was excellent and and to be honest the price did not bother me as it was Tom that I felt comfortable with and he done a cracking job.". If you were happy with this height, chances are you’re not going to want to go much higher than that. Unscrew the mount piece on the wall. It has almost 6,000 reviews, and 74% of those are 5-star ratings. This also means that the TV will be … If you want to go with the optimum height suggested above then it really is quite simple, just work out where the centre of the TV would be when you are sitting down. Mounting Dream has over 10 years of industry experience designing and developing the highest quality TV wall mounts possible, to ensure your safety. I personally prefer going slightly higher as I think that it looks better and it’s important to consider that many people tend to lay down when watching TV so if you considering this then a zero-degree angle wouldn’t really apply. To calculate how high your TV should be from the floor, simply measure the height of your TV and divide it by two. Use an electronic stud finder to find the outside edges of the two studs on which you want to attach your wall mount. Remember, where you mount your TV is all up to you. These screws shouldn’t provide much resistance, so undo them and slip the mount piece off the wall. You will most likely see the pixels on the screen, which will ruin your viewing experience. If you want the feel of a movie theater right in your home, the THX-certified screen placement requires a horizontal viewing angle of 36° for all their theaters. Hold your mount to the wall and drill the mounting screws into the pilot holes you made in the previous step. For instance, you do not want to sit too close to a TV with 1080p maximum resolution. Over the years this has changed so that the TV now dominates the room and a TV installed above a fireplace can look really good, albeit a bit high when you watch the thing. You might have to do a bit of trial and error before you figure out the sweet spot for placing your TV. First, consider a tilting mount which will reduce glare and allow you to … For example, if you have a 50-inch TV, you will want to sit at least 75 inches (or 6.25 feet) away. Of course, if you’re in our coverage area of the south east of the UK then we will be delighted to receive your call. There are also full-motion mounts that allow you to tilt the TV vertically after you’re done watching a program. Other than how high to mount the TV, other factors come into play as well. This may be considerably lower than what you were going to install your TV and like I said before I prefer it a bit higher myself. According to studies, a vertical field of vision of less than 15° causes images to appear too small. The short answer is no, it does not. Read this for all you need to know, inc filter types/ brands. Firstly,you need to decide your main viewing location, in my experience TV’s in the kitchens are installed so you can watch TV when you are doing things like cooking the dinner or washing up, so you will most likely want to go higher with the finished TV wall mounting height. Care needs to be taken where the mains point is installed as you don’t want this to get in the way of where the TV bracket will mount. But, after the initial thrill, you face the dilemma of where to put it. I hope you liked this blog and it has helped you to pick the right TV height for your TV. Level: Don’t trust your eyes with this one—no one wants to watch crooked TV. A very common reason that TV are mounted on walls,especially for families or parents with young children like toddlers is to keep out of reach of the children’s reach. Able to support up to 150 pounds of weight, this mount can easily handle flat screen televisions up to 90 inches. You would just need to get cables between this location. Personally, I think that it’s okay to install the TV “too high” in the situation as I would have thought that having a TV installed at eye level whilst sitting down for dinner may be a bit much but whatever floats your boat I guess. You should make sure that the middle of your TV is mounted at eye level. Both provide a barrier between the heat from the fireplace and your TV. For this reason,it’s a good idea to get TV out the way mounted on the wall. However, when it came to mounting the AV shelves with things like the Virgin Media and games console where going to be sited and would normally live underneath the TV. The resolution and type of screen you have can also impact how high you mount your TV. The Society of Motion Pictures and Television Engineers (SMPT) also recommends keeping a 30° horizontal field of vision from your seat. Also, the tilt helps reduce the glare which is why the mount is perfect for above eye level locations. As such, using the level line, position your TV wall mount so that the screws will be fastened directly to the studs. The Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers requires a viewing angle of less than 35° from the viewer to the top of the screen. It’s actually illegal to do so with a normal extension cord. Probably a couple of screws into the wall. 7 feet – 15 feet. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. To get around this, you can build a mantel or recess the TV into the wall. If you have any questions, please do LEAVE A COMMENT in the blog comment section below and I will be delighted to help you.Please also unless you’re based in Sussex, Kent or Surrey please do not call our telephone line as we are unable to deal the volume of questions we get asked, if you leave a comment I will get back to you however. The TV is no longer accessible by the kids and pets and you will not have to worry about scratches. Score the caulk with a utility knife. Get it as soon as Wed, Sep 9. $21.99 $ 21. Not everyone knows how high a TV should be mounted when they buy their unit. No matter what type of room you’re working with, remember not to put the TV near any bright light sources. However, with the advancement of technology and the global transition to flat screen TVs mounted on walls, this is no longer the case. A TV has delicate electrical wires, which can be damaged if they get too hot. Or if you put it at the same height as your lounge you going to get a permanent crick in your neck. This may mean a bit of extra work on the installation, but it would be worth it with the piece of mind knowing that no cables are going to get pulled etc. PERLESMITH TV Wall Mount for 23-55 Inch TVs with Swivel & Extends - Wall Mount TV Bracket VESA 400x400 Fits LED, LCD, OLED Flat Curved TVs up to 99lbs - with HDMI Cable, Bubble Level & Cable Ties. MOUNTUP Tilting TV Wall Mount Bracket for 26-55 Inch Flat Screen TVs/Curved TVs, Low Profile TV Wall Mount TV Bracket - Easy to Install On 12" or 16" Studs, … Some modern developments make it possible to hang your TV above the fireplace. If you really want to mount your TV above your fireplace or high on the wall even though you know it isn’t comfortable you still have options. For instance, when you are watching TV in your lounge you will most likely be sitting upright and when you are watching in a bedroom you will most likely be laying down so installing both TV’s at the same height will not be a good idea. Once you have everything marked, you’ll know what to avoid, and where to drill your TV mount attachments. Measure 42 inches (or adjusted height) up the wall from any horizontal location and mark the spot with a pencil. The office tv fine, but the lounge tv is much more comfortable to watch. I think when we think of optimum viewing angles for TV’s it helps to think how happy you were with the height when the TV was installed on a stand. For a big screen TV in a large, open space, such as a living room or basement theater, here is a basic guideline for the best TV height: TV Screen Size. Note that the size of the screws that attach to the wall will also be in millimeters, so it will be M4, M5, M6, etc. Optimum TV Viewing Angle – 0 degrees to centre/ bottom third of TV, Maximum Viewing Angle – 15 degrees (my opinion). However, it’s best to consult your fireplace manual for any specific clearances that you need to observe. 99. CJ Tech full motion TV wall mount. If you want to be able to see the TV screen from another room—say, the kitchen—you’ll probably want to place it higher than eye level. A TV wall mount installer is too specific and would therefore likely never come up, however searching for words like handyman or appliance installer may yield better results. Then subtract that number from 42, and that’s how high the bottom of your TV should be from the floor. There are complicated calculations that deal with formulas around this topic. Consider what you will be doing with your cables. This might mean moving your TV a little to the left or to the right of your original outline, but it also means it’ll be safely supported. Then multiply that number by 1.4 to get the ideal viewing distance in inches. Then add 24 inches to it, which should put the mounting height of your TV at 48 to 53 inches off the floor. Perfect if you only have a small job. To simplify things, measure the distance from the floor to the bottom of the TV screen. 2. I once installed a TV on a wall for a family with a couple of young children who had broken their previous TV by knocking it over. Using a TV wall mount instead, will secure your TV against the wall and prevent accidents at home. In-wall power extension (IWPE) or special TV cords and cable power kits that let you run electricity on the other side of the wall are the best solution. All rights reserved. IWPE kits include extension cords that are rated for placing behind a wall. If it works over infra-red, then you need to consider installing some infra-red eyes and emitters. If you want to mount your TV higher on a wall, for example in the kitchen, bedroom or above a fireplace, then choose a tilting TV bracket. If you were to ask me in person “what height should I mount my TV?”. From there, place the TV mount where you want it (have a second person there to help) and mark with a pencil where you … Advertisement. With bedroom TV’s you want to higher than you typically would in your lounge. However, you may also want to be view the TV when you are sitting at a dining table. Make Offer - Level Wall Mount Wall Tilt Large Flat Panel TV NEW fits 70" flat tvs 10" - 30" LevelMount ELSFW-01 VESA LCD/TV Wall Mount Bracket w/Tilt (Black) $15.00 Question 10: How do I adjust the swivel tension? Question 11: How do I adjust the tilt of the TV? All wall mount screws holes measured in millimeters. You will need extra help to lift, and properly mount your TV to the wall mount. Electric linear fireplaces can help protect your TV from heat. First measure the height of your TV and then divide this by 2 to work out the centre of your TV. It really does depend on your room and how you will be sitting when watching it. Running the … How To Find the Best TV Wall Mount for Your Space. It is low-profile in appearance and tilts up to 15º at the touch of a finger. An item for consideration and something I have witnessed many a husband and wife argue over is the height that their TV should be installed on the wall.