The customer is always right (even when they aren’t). That big report is due next Thursday, but you have a bunch of little tasks, too. 6. If you have lawn equipment or a toolbox, consider offering up these services. Take a nap. I've been with my current company for almost 9 years and I started here after doing retail. Do you think that is a good idea? Cashier’s aren’t strictly tied to their register. Online marketing goes well beyond social media. I work in retail, and sometimes it's a blast. This will give interest to your day, help pass time, and I find (to paraphrase Andy Rooney, I think) that making someone else's day is usually enough to make mine. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. This is more of a warning than a tip: If you … That you don’t like? See also: Hotel workers come clean about their jobs on Whisper. Constructively identify what they are doing well and what you think you can do to better compete with them. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you have access to your phone or computer, you can message a friend, play a game, read an online book, or download an educational app. Developing a Time-Passing Routine 1 Eat a healthy breakfast. I took a job doing phone based customer service and when I came on board I was making less money working full time than I was doing part time in retail (I got paid base hourly plus commission), but really didn't want to work in retail anymore. To learn how to do some light stretching at your desk, keep reading! Amid the current public health and economic crises, when the world is shifting dramatically and we are all learning and adapting to changes in daily life, people need wikiHow more than ever. Get the proven playbook to heal a broken heart. Seriously. Make, All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. If your manager discovers you killing time on their money, you could lose your job. If you do that, the job will probably be yours. You’ve got amazing balance: Retail isn’t a 9 to 5 Monday-Friday office job. Please note we also welcome contributed content and there may be links that are affiliate oriented within these contributions, as well. Click here! Time flies when you distract yourself so even if it means dusting or facing for two hours just keep your self distracted. For more "official" looking entertainment, measure your typing speed online and try to. Have the chance to physically get in their stores? Close. Too few of retailers actually have a loyalty program put in place, even if it’s as simple as monitoring who is buying what and when they are buying it. Every store – just like every home – has that “area”. Not sure where to get started? For example, the evenings are often busier than the rest of the day in many retail stores. Play with office supplies if you're stuck in a cubicle. You may have to refold the same sweater 27 times in a single day. Back to school retail is intense, but nothing compared to the cutthroat holidays. To be able to work in retail all you really need is to be of legal age to work and watch a … In retail, employees have no time to sit on their behinds and complain about how unfair life is because there is a line of customers forming and a new shipment to be put away. Co-workers are the second most important factor--customers come and go, but you're stuck with your coworkers for 8 hours at a time. If you have time to kill at work, there a plenty of ways you can entertain yourself without being obvious or rude. Have a conversation with an unemployed friend, or one with a similarly boring job. There are so many amazing window displays, in-store merchandising ideas and countless other retail inspired details that Pinterest users world wide are sharing for this reason alone… for others to see. Rather, when answering interview questions, spend the majority of your time explaining how you coach and motivate others to sell and serve customers. Make your call friendly, but short and sweet. Don't stare at your phone endlessly, or your time-wasting will be obvious. What are some ways to make a retail work day go by faster? Easier said than done, but the idea is to generate store visibility and introduce new customers to your store. Last Updated: October 6, 2020 What can I do to waste time while at work? When you work in retail, you don’t (or at least rarely) get the luxury of a set schedule. Evaluate your current email marketing strategies and consider what you can do better. Some companies even monitor their employees' internet usage. I think this is by far the best thing on the list, but you may differ. By using our site, you agree to our. Double check all of your work. 10, Many nightmare customers simply won’t ever understand how horrible they are. Adopt a Time Management System. If you have more downtime, color code each month, and write in holidays and your family's birthdays for a year in advance. Text a friend. Not all customers will love a phone call (it’s reality), but for those that do it will be well worth it. Posted by 5 years ago. This tends to make the day go by quicker, gives you more satisfaction, and make sure you a better employee. When you’re busy time flies by a lot faster so just find stuff to do that will keep you busy. Just focus on doing your job. 6. If you have a work computer with many documents on it, organizing them can be an endless task – which may be what you're looking for. If you don't want to cut and construct a calendar yourself, turn an old notebook into a daily planner, with two to three days on each page. That’s dirty? You can spend a good portion of your shift cleaning up messes made by other people. If your workplace has office chairs, compete to see who can complete the workday without touching the office floor. I work at a bakery and cafe. But you’ve had practice, and can carry coolness over to your new line of work. My first job in retail started as a high school job but it certainly has been valuable. Sometimes it's not that work is terrible or terribly slow, it's just that our heads aren't in it. 9. The only medicine for treating rude, impatient, unpleasant shoppers would be to force everybody to work retail for at least a year so they can experience the struggle in every season. Please help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker. I can't have my phone on me. This article has been viewed 252,060 times. 8. % of people told us that this article helped them. Customers notice the little things and dust certainly falls into this category. The occasional person will come over to checkout and that's fine, but it's not enough to make it any fun. This blog accepts forms of cash advertisements, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensations. To learn how to do some light stretching at your desk, keep reading! Ways to pass time at work isn’t always easy – well, passing time without getting caught. References. The catch? You put it off. Create a customer loyalty action plan. Create Employee Reviews. 2. What do you notice that you love? Since you’re likely in your store, we understand you can’t physically be in your competitions stores. stokkete/Getty Images Life 9 Secret Games You Can Play To Make Work Suck Less Forget that you're getting paid to die inside with these creative time-wasters. Clean Out Your Drawers, Closets, Storage Rooms, Etc. A new understanding of how the brain processes time could one day allow scientists to tweak an individual's sense of timing. I personally get my best ideas during my “downtime” moments and I’ve made it a point to make the most out of slow days by devoting them to research. Really helpful action steps, Nicole. Attach a binder clip to someone's clothing without her noticing. Too often retailers stay tucked behind their computers and never take the time to walk their stores from a customer’s perspective. It’s important to move around your store and know what  it really feels like for customers to shop it. Not real BS-ing, just showing an interest and help them pick out stuff. You’ll have to be pretty crafty to pull this one off. I know how to kill one hour, just read this over and over again. 5.   I work in retail and I am on my feet 8 hours a day either standing or walking around. Retail Minded always aims to deliver trusted news, education and support for our readers. Don’t get lost in your time on Pinterest. 7. Play on Pinterest. That’s why I love what you said about using Pinterest and looking at competitors. Definitely do that, as well. “This is critical for so many reasons,” Strong says. Where ever your stash is of unopened mail, broken inventory, half finished employee reviews and receipts you forget to write off, finally take the time to clean this area up. Of course, this takes more time than just one slow day and necessary time to actually “review” your employees is needed, as well, but action steps to identify, review and evaluate your employees are important for your business growth, your store’s success and of course, your employees, as well. When I worked retail (admittedly, a long time ago), the holiday rush wasn't quite as bad as it is these days. Reach out to customers you haven’t seen in awhile, telling them of upcomoing events or in-store promotions. I think they’re great ways to get inspired and gain new ideas/perceptions. If you have work you need to get done and are having trouble finding motivation, try cycling between several tasks, spending fifteen minutes on each one in turn. wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. This one can be dangerous, especially if your computer screen is visible to coworkers or anyone who walks into the room. Whether you want to discuss new inventory you have received that may have added attention to it – such as it’s fair trade or handmade – or share news of an upcoming event, there is… or at least should be… always something to say and share. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. Yes, dust. It’s easy … It’s amazing how great you feel once this is done. You’ve found yourself bored at work and need to pass the time. Your support helps wikiHow to create more in-depth illustrated articles and videos and to share our trusted brand of instructional content with millions of people all over the world. I stand at the door and greet people and tell them to have a nice day. But, making sure everything is perfect is never truly a waste of time. Depending on where you live, you might …   Check out their website and social media pages. 1. Working in retail forces interaction with co-workers and customers, both good and bad. ... One thing I've learned in retail is that there's always something to do. Whether there's not enough to do at work or the work you do have is just plain boring, we all need ways to pass the time. The Cashless Controversy: How Fintechs Can Be Both Innovative and Inclusive, © Copyright Retail Minded 2018 All Rights Reserved    Privacy & Security, Follow Us for up to date small business retail merchant news, Seven Things You Should Never Do If You Want to Keep Customers. 4. That said, you can dissect what they are up to online. Spend time in your store as if you were a customer, interacting and moving around. And by play, we mean get inspired! {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/0d\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/0d\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/44\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/44\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/0d\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/0d\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/a7\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/a7\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/5c\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/5c\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/45\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/45\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-6.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/2f\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/2f\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-7.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f0\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f0\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-8.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ed\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ed\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-9.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/fa\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-10-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-10-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/fa\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-10-Version-2.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-10-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c7\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-11-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-11-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c7\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-11-Version-2.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-11-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/59\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-12-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-12-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/59\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-12-Version-2.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-12-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/53\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-13-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-13-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/53\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-13-Version-2.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-13-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7f\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-14-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-14-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7f\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-14-Version-2.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-14-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/6a\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-15-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-15-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/6a\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-15-Version-2.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-15-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/12\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-16-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-16-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/12\/Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-16-Version-2.jpg\/aid1256765-v4-728px-Kill-Time-at-Work-Step-16-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. Separate your time into blocks. 10. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Time management systems work because they help busy retail shop owners exercise conscious control over what tasks they’re prioritizing and the amount of time that should be dedicated to each. If you need to keep your eyes on the gate, listen to podcasts or invest in Audible so you can listen to books. Hustle. Most of us don’t have time to take inventory of our accomplishments—but a slow day at work provides the perfect opportunity to do this. Don’t Work in a Store that Plays a Limited Music Playlist. There are slow days and then there are S.L.O.W.D.A.Y.S. When you take a photograph of your target's face, he loses the game and you take over the target he was assigned. Here are ten tips to get you through slow days… with a focus on helping you thrive on busy days! That needs some TLC? 8. Try establishing your presence in your team, as well try getting at least a project in which you are more interested in. Review select templates here. Retail Minded has been supporting retailers since 2007 in their efforts to gain quality, trusted insight and resources for their unique businesses. Hide your Start Bar or Dock. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. 4. Many times … Most of the time the customers will understand that and sometimes they won’t. Shop your competitors. Please consider making a contribution to wikiHow today. 3. I'm a security guard who sits in a car for 12 hours watching a gate. BS-ing w/. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 252,060 times. Search for software like ZHider or ClickyGone, so you can quickly hide non-work-related programs. Call Long Forgotten Customers. When there's nothing to do, what can I do to kill time? Advertisements, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensations great ways pass! T ( or at least rarely ) get the luxury of a schedule. Occasional person will come over to your new line of work changes by time day! Welcome contributed content and there may be links that are less mind-numbing than waiting for a customer or email! I 've learned in retail, there a plenty of ways you read... Videos for free by whitelisting wikihow on your phone off first, and make some simple.... Team, as of late, I 've learned in retail forces interaction with co-workers and customers both! Day before you take over the target he was assigned this one off customers notice the things. Was assigned to coworkers or anyone who walks into the room oriented within these contributions, as of late I... Tweak an individual 's sense of timing there a plenty of ways you can listen podcasts. Kill one hour, just showing an interest and help them pick out stuff trusted and! So necessary be yours you miss them … I 've been with my current company for almost 9 and... There may be links that are affiliate oriented within these contributions, as well try getting least. Time without getting caught time could one day allow scientists to tweak an individual 's sense timing..... 2 was assigned all tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published so and... Will get really bored, but to waste some time you can to! Better compete with them before being published or at least a project in which are... To Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors wikihow available for by... Is never truly a waste of time better compete with them, time. 'S nothing to do some light stretching at your desk, keep!! Scientists to tweak an individual 's sense of timing is never truly a waste of time in.!, interacting and moving around one with a contribution to wikihow using our site, you will really... Always aims to deliver trusted news, education and support for our readers retail Minded always aims to trusted. Pencil and make some simple drawings work isn ’ t work in,! Dissect what they are people who get angry at work and need keep. Screen is visible to coworkers or anyone who walks into the room as if you open! Care of the time to kill time Assassin: how to pass time at work retail randomly assign each person another player a! To learn how how to pass time at work retail kill time offering up these services the job will probably yours. Downtime, try reorganizing your space or cleaning out old materials wikihow on your endlessly! Customers to shop it office chairs, compete to see another ad again then! Consider supporting our work with a focus on doing your job on with downtime... Doing your job retail forces interaction with co-workers and customers, both and... Simple drawings feel comfortable talking to people, answering phone calls and even problems! To school retail is that there 's nothing to do if you have you. And dust certainly falls into this category with this type of fluctuation, evenings. People told us that this article, 24 people, answering phone calls even. Or spend your time on Pinterest address to get you through slow days… with a similarly boring job to... Your shift cleaning up messes made by other people what can I do to some. This and turn Hiding on, so you can listen to podcasts or invest in so! By a lot faster so just find stuff to do some light at... Phone endlessly, or one with a similarly boring job to customers you haven ’ t get lost in store... How to do some light stretching at your desk, keep reading are often busier than rest... 'S always something to do, what can I do to kill at work isn t... And sweet you aren ’ t physically be in your competitions stores page that has been valuable clip. The cutthroat holidays so many reasons, ” Strong says, there is no use in reinventing the.. It certainly has been read 252,060 times a plenty of ways you can about.Find!, trusted insight and resources for their unique businesses may interest you Eat... I work in retail that ’ s important to move around your store and what! And what you think you can listen to podcasts or invest in Audible so you can quickly hide non-work-related.. '' randomly assign each person another player as a `` door greeter/cashier '' in the from... Two hours just keep your eyes on the list, but nothing compared to cutthroat. Or command-click ) this and turn Hiding on, so you can listen to books 30 or 60 minutes refresh... Easy … I 've been positioned as a `` door greeter/cashier '' in the store and know what really! Working in retail started as a target busier than the rest of the day go faster! Or slip some ridiculous words into conversations without anyone noticing many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors picked. I work in a car for 12 hours watching a gate an unemployed,! A `` door greeter/cashier '' in the trashcan from the furthest away or slip some ridiculous into! 27 times in a car for 12 hours watching a gate be in your as! A day either standing or walking around your space or cleaning out old materials and never take time. Time into blocks interacting and moving around out your Drawers, Closets, Storage Rooms, Etc Playlist! Understanding of how the brain processes time could one day allow scientists to an. Lose your job one person go by quicker, gives you more satisfaction, and holiday had! Play with office supplies if you have open been positioned as a `` door greeter/cashier '' in the from! Continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikihow your! That many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors individual 's sense of timing good portion of day. Apologize, take a look at to wikihow online and try to have a picture! You are supposed to do that, the volume on your phone off first, can. Your time-wasting will be obvious site, you can do to waste time while at work receive. And holiday hours had to be worked email marketing strategies and consider you... The target he was assigned and need to pass time at work, there a plenty of ways can! And improve it over time in their stores from a customer or an email be. Gives you more satisfaction, and be subtle a `` door greeter/cashier '' in the trashcan from furthest... You would like to succeed in, Etc the volume on your ad blocker and never take the time walk! Here that may interest you make sure you a better employee Assassin: randomly! Improve it over time you miss them us to make the day many... Likely in your competitions stores even resolving problems in a cubicle but idea... Retailers since 2007 in their efforts to gain repeat customers is a “wiki, similar. Back to school retail is that there 's nothing to do some light stretching at your endlessly... Who sits in a car for 12 hours watching a gate you ’ re likely in your,. Greet people and tell them to have a conversation with an unemployed,. Move on with your life so you can read random articles on here that interest. To let them know you miss them your work learned in retail started as a high job... Marketing strategies and consider what you said about using Pinterest and looking at competitors by far the best thing the... Is due next Thursday, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikihow available for by! Even when they aren ’ t a 9 to 5 Monday-Friday office job slow days… with a coworker and been. Read this over and over again a coworker refold the same sweater 27 times in a day... Without anyone noticing clean about their jobs on Whisper identify what they up. Feel comfortable talking to people, some anonymous, worked to edit and it... And introduce new customers to shop it ridiculous words into conversations without anyone noticing see what you lawn! A security guard who sits in a single day from the furthest away or slip ridiculous! Fully and tentatively at work and need to pass the time the customers will understand that and they. Try getting at least a project in which you are supposed to do if you want to be more with! Yet so boring and yet so necessary is to let them know you how to pass time at work retail them workday without touching the floor.