How to fix a laptop that won’t charge It’s finally time to take the troubleshooting into your own hands. We recommend going through each of them for the best results. Laptop won't turn on. Some laptops will auto shut-off if the battery won't hold a charge. Hello! Connect only the battery and check if the laptop powers on. After installing a previous Windows update, for example, my laptop's battery stopped charging. Disconnect the charger and remove the battery out. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. This need to be diagnosed carefully for possible fix and issues. Good day. No charging light, No fans spining. I have checked the link but haven't found any email address other than forum support. Seems like dead. Make sure that it is connected to power source. I bought a replacement power jack and swapped it (plug-in connector, not soldered, connector plugged in the correct way). When the light turns white it is fully charged. You might try checking your hardware, power supply, Laptop display and many more. I understand that you have an OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 15-ax003nx. You know, most of hp laptops, if not all, can run without the battery, so i suggest you unplug the battery and turn it on. Welcome to HP Support Forums. I know that the charger isn't bad, because I tested it on another HP Laptop, and it charged it perfectly fine. If an image displays on the external monitor, there might be a graphics driver conflict with the notebook LCD display that leads to laptop screen black but still running. I suggest you to contact our HP phone support team to check the available hardware service options for your HP laptop. To check the warranty of your computer, go to HP Customer Support - Product Warranty Check. In this article, we’ll look at why your laptop battery won’t charge and provide the steps you can take to … If it turns on, you just had a low battery. You can tell if the charger is connected by looking at the small LED lights near the charging port. No power and no charging light. Leave your Chromebook plugged in for 3.5 hours and try turning it on again. My laptop won't start when the power button is pressed.Absolutely nothing happens when the power button is pressed ..no fan no light ..but when i connect my charger ..the red charging light turns on.. If you do, get his/her battery and try the same thing on your laptop. Is the battery bad or something? LAPD called to Billie Lourd's home over shooting, Texas HS football player brutally attacks referee, Carole Baskin's sanctuary responds after tiger attack, 3M will cut 2,900 jobs in global restructuring, Republican judges don't ride with Trump on election cases, Amid escalating tension, Le Batard leaving ESPN, Mar-a-Lago preparing for Trump post-presidency, Americans are stockpiling supplies again: Survey, Vaccine execs say distribution will be main challenge, Biden says he will call for 100 days of mask wearing. If the charge cable or the AC adapter is not working properly, you won’t be able to turn on your HP laptop, then you should repair it or replace it with a new one. If your laptop does not turn on, or does not boot when powered on, there are several steps you can take to try and resolve the issue.. Below are troubleshooting steps to help identify what may be preventing your laptop from turning on. If your HP laptop won’t turn on even when plugged in, start by checking the power supply. If your laptop won't power on or stay on, check a few things: 1.Ensure your battery is holding power. If it doesn't, then you seek a professional to fix it. If yes then it indicates that the charger is all fine. If the LED does not turn on, try plugging the AC adapter into a different outlet to check the power source. We'll call out any important differences along the way. Some of the reasons can be fixed quickly as long you know what to do. Could you let me know your country of residence? Laptop won't turn on but the power light is on Fix - YouTube Also, when there are no nighs on the laptop powering on, you may open the laptop again to check if all the cables and connected properly and there are no misses. It's probably the battery. Laptop not turning on. Two hours later it shuts off by itself and will not turn back on at all. Solution 4: Check Monitor State . Help me out please? If the Acer won't turn on, then move on to next solution. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. Connect only the battery and check if the laptop powers on. By using this site, you accept the. and if the computer does not freeze when you plug in the battery then monitor its status, check if it's charging and how much time it takes to charge, and once you got 50% or more, unplug the power chord and see how much time it lasts, that will give you an idea of how spoiled your battery is. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 5558. where i can buy the board or the IC. Likewise, remove the battery out and connect only the charger and check if that helps. I carefully work my way out and avoid touching any metal parts. So i would like to know where can i buy the IC from or if the board fails where can i get it from? Remove the battery out. once is up and running, try plug in the battery, this is called a "hot plug" because you are doing it with the pc turned on, don't worry its completely safe, the worst thing that can happen its that the battery has some issue and it freezes up the laptop, in which case you only need to reboot, so dont have programs opened cuz you will lose the info on them (only the info you were working with, like the text you were typing, not the program itself). † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. After that HP support in Saudi will arrange a service based on the warranty of the laptop. Thanks. Every time I try to turn it on, the battery light flashes showing that the battery is dead. The blue/white light is on showing that it's charging, but it will not turn on. Get your answers by asking now. Because the board is dead and i need to find a new board. can electrical tape safely fix my charger wire?it got chewed a little by my puppy and it looked like it sparked a little but still works ? Please feel free to let me know how it goes.