½ cup milk. Cover & cook it in slow flame for 5 mins. Heat water in an idli pot.When the water starts roll boiling , keep the idli plate arranged with kozhukattai and Steam it for 10 minutes.When the kozhukattai becomes shiny and slightly turns … Bring 1 cup + 2 tbsps of water to a boil in a saucepan. For every cup of rice used, add exactly same cup of water while grinding. Cover it till you make the modak | kozhukattais. If it sticks then cook for few more minutes. 8. open and serve the kozhukattai fresh and hot with red chilli chutney Thanni Kozhukattai is prepared using the rice flour and served along with its boiled water. The ingredient that I use the most – “love!”. Mix this well with a spoon and keep the flame low and cook. https://www.kannammacooks.com/kara-kozhukattai-kara-kozhukattai-recipe Soak 1/2 cup of  raw rice in water for 3 hours. Now prepare the outer dough.Measure and take rice flour in a mixing bowl,add salt. Now remove from the heat and keep it aside. Bring it to a rolling boil. What do I do? Ulundhu Pidi Kozhukattai Recipe Video: So use the correct measurement of water while grinding. I have given the recipe of home made rice flour. keep covered for 2 mins. keep covered for 2 mins. Keep the prepared modaks covered ,else it will become dry. Paal Kozhukattai . Let the batter be in the consistency of dosa batter. which did you think was easier to make and did not break? ⅓ – ½ cup jaggery powder. I am a Tamil who has spent most of my life outside of Tamil Nadu, in Canada and United States, and I am now trying to get back to my roots by learning the traditional cuisine. This is perfect to put in tiffin box for kids! You can replace oil with ghee while tempering. Paal kozhukattai is an awesome dessert my hubby loves it so much .I don’t usually follow the tradition recipe .I actually follow a quick and easy recipe so that we can prepare Paal kozhukattai any time of the day. When i was explaining them, i felt like making a detailed post on the same. https://www.archanaskitchen.com/oats-uppu-kozhukattai-recipe Close it with lid or wet cloth.Divide the dough into equal sized balls. close and cook for 8-10 minutes until it gets firm. This will make the kozhukattai more whiter and soft. When it starts rolling boil, add the processed rice flour or idiyappam flour or store bought rice flour to this. This is just to ensure that we are able to make balls out of the ground mixture. Raw rice - 100 … Now, grind the rice with some water. To make a kozhukattai dough, add idiyappam flour, 1 tsp of salt in a mixing bowl, Add boiled water little by little and knead using a ladle or spoon to form soft dough. Thank you very much. Drain the water and grind it in grinder with little water. Once it starts boiling, turn off the heat. Cook the rest of the balls and then swith off the flame and remove the kozhukattaai, Serve the delicious Thanni kozhukattai with water in which it is cooked along with piping hot, All the Images and videos are Copyright Protected. U r pouring the boiling water on the flour. Do not keep the jaggery poornam stuffed without steaming for along time. Always gave hot water handy. Once warm enough to handle, grease you hands and form a smooth dough. Form kozhukattai when the half cooked wheat and oats are not too hot to handle. Ammini Kozhukattai | Mani Kozhukattai is a tasty after school snack or light dinner prepared with Kozhukattai dough. When it is warm enough to handle grease your hands with sesame oil and knead it well. https://www.kamalascorner.com/sweets/poorana-kozhukattai.html Too little water will give a really hard Kozhukattai and adding a lot of water will make the Kozhukattai gummy. Use a heavy bottomed pan. Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity. Hello, Jeyashri, I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your blog. Paal Kozhukattai with coconut milk | Milk Kozhukattai with detailed step by step photo and video recipe.Check out the Paal kozhukattai video and if you like the video pls SUBSCRIBE to my channel. I made this for ganesh chaturthi. Should flour be not Cooked like other methods. kozhukattai or kolukattai is a festive South Indian sweet of steamed dumplings made with rice flour dough and stuffed with a filling of coconut and jaggery. And while kneading, if the flour is dry, add lukewarm water on the needed basis and knead the dough. Before making the kozhukattai, make the dough into small round balls as we do for the ammini kozhukattai. Mix water to the flour and make it thin as a dosa batter. In a pan add flour mixed with water and add salt and sesame oil. Cooking sweet kozhukattai: In the meantime, heat water in a idli steamer. … Cool and powder them finely. Kara pidi Kozhukattai is a simple, authentic food of Tamil Nadu, a state from India. Or as a pidi kozhukattai and one side studded with the coconut bits resembling (stegosaurus) and in one blog I found this cute mini kozhukattais with the thengai pallu in middle. In a sauce pan add water and salt and sesame oil. I WANNA SEE! When the rice is almost ground, add the grated coconut and salt and then … When the water evaporates and the batter comes to a dough consistency. Heat a pan, add 1/4 of water and add grated jaggery. I am Jeyashri Suresh and my passion is to create healthy and tasty food and try out new recipes in my kitchen. Once they are soaked, drain excess water and keep it aside until use. ½ tsp cardamom powder. Yes since the water has boiled nicely it is enough. Heat water in a broad pan & add salt & oil. Here I used 1.75 cups of water for store bought rice flour. Is it Enough? Let's learn how to make Thanni Kozhukkattai with step by step pictures and also with a detailed video. Hi, I followed methods 1 and 2. Once done allow the Mani Kozhukattai dough to cool down slightly. Take it in a bowl and cover it with a damp cloth to prevent it from becoming dry. When it is warm knead into a smooth dough. Reserve the other 1/2 cup water … Ingredients. I'm going to keep coming back for a visit to see what you are cooking! Mention @traditionallymodernfood or tag #traditionallymodernfood! Keep the flame low and mix the rice flour with the water and cook till the water evaporates and turns a whole mass. Ulundhu Pidi Kozhukattai … In method 2 flour is not getting cooked. Let it not cool too much, at the same time. Simmer the flame before you start adding ingredients to the boiling water as the dough comes together quickly. The quantity of water used while grinding will determine the final texture of the kozhukattai.     Sesame oil  1 tsp.     Salt  a pinch Grate the bottle gourd, extract all the water out and add the fiber to your traditional sweet kozhukattai filling. Allow the water to boil. Add the rice flour slowly. Add in the minced ginger, chopped curry leaves and hing. To begin making the Chettinad Style Uppu Mani Kozhukattai Recipe, we will first make the Kozhukattai dough. Put some drops of ghee and grease the leaf. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. For the Paal: ½ cup milk. The water makes this dumpling so tasty, I have eaten this so many times as a child in my grandma’s house and been searching the recipe, but didn’t know the name of the dish. I called her up to add up any tips from her side. In a mixing bowl, take the rice flour. Cover the remaining dough with wet cloth. Grease the idli plate with little oil and place the Kozhukattai in mold. When it comes to a rolling boil add the ground batter to this. Prepare kozhukattai dough: Boil water until bubbles start moving from bottom to top. We call it as neer urundai. You can also use 1 cup of water for 1 cup of flour. Make a smooth, non-sticky dough. Take the soaked rice in a mixer jar, add 1/4 tsp salt along with 1/2 cup water. Pour hot water little by little to get a lumpy mixture. Use ladle to mix well. In a mixing bowl, take the rice flour. Mix well using the back of a ladle without any lumps. Cut banana leaf in to small pieces to make kozhukattai. The water Kozhukattai Recipe. Add the hot water to 1 cup of kozhukattai flour gradually. It is the Birthday of Lord Ganesha.We make Sweet Kozhukattai (Vella kozhukattai) with coconut and jaggery filling, Uppu Kozhukattai (with ulundhu poornam/lentil filling) and also ammini Kozhukattai … It is usually uncertain until I get the perfectly steamed glistening modaks out of the steamer. Millet pidi Kozhukattai . Set aside. To check it is done or not, wet your hands and touch the dough, if it not sticky then it is done. I am willing to bet, none of your family members will notice the addition. In a heavy bottomed pan add the water and when the water starts to boil add 5-6 rice balls and let it cook for couple of minutes. Add sesame oil and required salt. Prepare kozhukattai dough: Boil water until bubbles start moving from bottom to top. Soak the rice in water for 2 hours.      Salt   2 pinches Blend it a jar to powder. soft dough is ready. The boiled water will be in Kanji (slightly dense) consistency hence it's also called Kanji Kozhukattai. https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/sweet-kozhukattai-recipe-chana-dal-modak If it comes out without any crack then it is perfect. So please do not copy the content or images. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Ammini Kozhukattai | Mani Kozhukattai with detailed step by step photo and video recipe.Check out the Ammini kozhukattai video and if you like the video pls SUBSCRIBE to my channel. Though we make different varities of modakam | kozhukattai, the base for making all kozhukattai is the outer cover made with rice flour. When it is not sticky switch off the pan. Allow the water to boil. The batter should be thick and not like idli or dosa batter. Then add the lentils in a pressure cooker along … ½ cup thick coconut milk. Rinse the soaked rice a few times and drain all the water and reserve the rice. We make ammini kozhukattai (AKA ammani kozhukattai, mani kozhukattai, mini kozhukattai) in a different way. Few readers asked me as how to avoid cracks while making the outer cover. Add sesame oil and required salt. Steps 1. Let it rest for an hour. If you have added more water while grinding, don’t pani, just do this step and your batter would become thick quickly. Ur blog is really so useful. In a sauce pan, boil water with salt and ghee /oil. In a pan add 1 cup of water and add salt and sesame oil. Subscribe to my YouTube channel Check out Traditionally Modern Food! Traditionally the rice flour is processed at home for this festival. ¼ tsp salt. Add the thick coconut milk to the paal kozhukattai; Lastly, add 2 tbsp of water to the coconut milk can. Kozhukattai mavu (Outer Cover Dough) is now ready! Steam the Kozhukattai for 12 – … After 15 mins take one ball and cut it with spoon to check if the kozhukattai is cooked well inside. 0 from 0 votes. Instead of grinding the parboiled rice, can we use rice flour? Make it as ordinary pidi kozhukattai too like my easy ulundu kozhukattai. Always ensure that the dough is cooked well. And while kneading, if the flour is dry, add lukewarm water on the needed basis and knead the dough. I have tried making kozhukattai … Just sprinkle water little by little and grind it to a coarse paste. What do I do! Drain the water and grind it in grinder with little water. I usually prepare this and store in refrigerator and it will stay good for about 3 days. Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds. The coconut jaggery filling in traditional version is too sweet. But there’s always some left over dough and I always end up making ammini kozhukattais out of them. I make kozhukattai once or twice a year and everytime I make them, I pray that I get it perfect. Then only she shared her way of making the outer cover for kozhukattai. But the outercover or the kozhukattai dough is the secret of success of any kozhukattai variety. Once warm enough to handle, grease you hands and form a smooth dough. So use the correct measurement of water while grinding. Stack the stuffed kozhukattais one by one in the idli plates and cook for 7-8 minutes… Amma never makes this at home. To make the kozhukattai dough, heat water adding ghee & a pinch of salt in a pan. Do not add more water. Hi Jeyashri.. which of the 4 above methods according to you is the best? Soak 1/2 cup of rice in water for two hours. How can we make ball out of wet flour (maavu) It would be sticky. Add the water slowly to the flour. Wash rice twice and soak in water for atleast an hour. Add sesame oil and required salt. Add the oil or ghee and also the salt. After some time carefully stir the balls and let it cook for some more time in water. Basically kozhukattai is the South Indian variation of modak made in maharashtra. Grind the rice to a smooth paste by adding water. Heat water in a broad pan & add salt & oil. 2 tbsp fresh grated coconut. Firstly, dry roast the rice flour for one minute or until the flour becomes hot over low heat. Repeat this step and make small balls out of rest of batter. When the water … The water amount varies depending upon the brand. Fry the urad dal till golden brown. A really simple kozhukattai recipe to make for vinayagar chaturti or for kids after school snacks..It is tasty as well as healthy too..I had this on drafts so decided to share this right after my uppu kozhukattai.. You can also use 1 cup of water for 1 cup of flour. Divide and make equal lemon sized … ½ cup water. Did you make a recipe? Heat sesame oil (gingely oil) in a pan and add in the mustard seeds, urad dal and the chana dal. Pour hot water little by little to get a lumpy mixture. Most activities revolved around the kitchen and I was awestruck by my grandmother and mother’s never ending dedication to cooking.They were endlessly cooking great variety and tasty dishes everyday and for very occasion. When water boils, grease idli plates and keep ready. Sprinkle hot water on the dough and grease your hands with sesame oil and knead again to get a crack free dough. 1 tbsp ghee. It is also a great recipe to finish extra kozhukattai … Hi mam wht s d water proportion for method 1 and 2, It varies from flour to flour. Sprinkle some warm water and salt on the oats. Left over sweet pooranam or ulundu … So i added up in this post too. https://www.myhealthykiddo.com/sathumaavu-kozhukattai-recipe Steam kozhukattai in idli stand or pressure cooker for 8 to 10 minutes. Take a small portion of dough in hands and roll it into a ball. Heat a pan and the coarsely ground rice with coconut paste and in low flame just keep stirring the mixture for couple of minutes. Add sesame oil and required salt. A tasty healthy oats kozhukattai recipe. Allow it to boil nicely. Then this dough is shaped into pitted forms and filled with coconut and jaggery mixture. Mix it and let it soak for 5 minutes. It can be served as a breakfast or snack. Kozhukattai Recipe - Mothagam - Vella Kozhukattai Recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi Kozhukattai is a must for Ganesh Chaturthi and in this post you will learn how to make this sweet kozhukatti using raw rice with no cook sweet filling. Cook till the water evaporates and the dough comes to a whole mass. If we make some mistake or if the rice flour to water ratio is not correct, we will end up with thick outercover or hard kozhukattai. I don’t roast my rice flour, it doesn’t affect the kozhukattai texture. The instructions from my grandma and mum missed one of the steps and I have been left with a slightly runny batter every time. If you want to use, please ask for it, Idli & Dosa Batter Recipe | How to make Softer Idli…, Homemade Healthy Mix Powder | Sathu Mavu Kanji Podi…, Ragi Idli Recipe | Finger Millet Idli Recipe, Mysore Masala Dosa Recipe | Karnataka Style Masala Dosa, Moong Dal Idli Recipe | No Rice Protein-Rich Idli Recipe, Vella Seedai Recipe | Sweet Seedai Recipe, Pori Urundai Recipe | Aval Pori Urundai Recipe | Nel…, Kothamalli Rice (Corainder Leaves Rice) | No Onion…, Hotel Style Spicy Coconut Chutney, a best accompaniment for Thanni Kozhukattai. like modaks, kozhukattai … Lauki or sorrakai is such a neutral vegetable that it makes a perfect fiber camouflage in this dish. Sweet Kozhukattai . Always keep the dough covered, else it will become and you will end up in cracked kozhukattai covers. This is nothing but, seasoned and steamed rice balls with fingerprints. Kozhukattais are made by mixing the Kozhukattai rice flour with ample amount of water and salt to make dough. In a heavy bottomed vessel/ non stick pan, boil water and add salt, sesame oil and flour to it. In a mixing bowl, take the rice flour. Water … Print Pin Comment. In a pan add 1 cup water and 1/2 cup of thin coconut milk (second milk) When it about to boil, add the rolled balls to this and keep the flame to low. https://www.jeyashriskitchen.com/paal-kozhukattai-recipe-with-jaggery You can also mix little jaggery with Kanji and drink it. Now lets make the kozhukattai dough.    Raw rice   1/2 cup Sweet pidi kozhukattai recipe, with full video and detailed step by step pictures. Hi, I am getting cracks when giving a shape to it..whar should I do. I ♡ FOOD. In that case increase the water by 1/4 cup or you can also sprinkle warm water and knead it once again before making pidi kozhukattai. These … I will try both recipe very soon…. https://www.kamalascorner.com/sweets/poorana-kozhukattai.html Use regular rice flour instead of red rice flour. When the jaggery dissolves completely in water, strain it to remove dust and sand particles This method i have given in my elai kozhukattai post. The rice can be soaked overnite too!. I have seen in many of my friend’s place they make this sweet pidi kozhukattai for Ganesh Chaturthi | Pillayar Chaturthi. I always use 1:1.5 for rice flour and water (I use 3/4 cup of water to 1/2 cup of flour). ... 2. Sometimes depending on the variety of rice used for making flour, it might require little more water and you might need about a cup of water for 1/2 cup of flour. The dough seemed right but after cooking it became hard and once it cooled it was very hard. Use atleast 1.25 times for one time flour. Too little water will give a really hard Kozhukattai and adding a lot of water will make the Kozhukattai gummy. 3) Wait until the jaggery water boils and add flour, reduce the heat and cook for 8-10minutes until the flour gets almost cooked and gathered up. But this quantity may vary.so keep some hot water … Let this cook for 3-5 minutes. Hi, Sprinkle some hot water to the dough and then knead again by greasing your hands with oil. do you grease your palm maami!! Soak the Parboiled Rice in water for 3 hours. In a mixing bowl, take the rice flour. Heat water in an idli pot.When the water starts roll boiling , keep the idli plate arranged with kozhukattai and Steam it for 10 minutes.When the kozhukattai becomes shiny and slightly turns its color ,its done.Do not remove immediately.Remove after a minute when it becomes warm using a flat spoon.. So took the step wise pictures of making the outer cover of the kozhakattai. Prepare kozhukattai dough: Boil water until bubbles start moving from bottom to top. For the kozhukattai: ½ cup rice flour. Hi, I tried both methods 1 and 2. Grind to a really smooth fine paste. I have already made white paal kozhukattai, but this one is my favourite. I have posted that one when I just started my blog here.We boil water and add the rice balls in that water to cook it, instead of steaming. Use atleast 1.25 times for one time flour. Mix well and add 1/2 cup thick coconut milk (first paal) . We love Cooking & Blogging. According to me all the 4 methods will turn out perfect without break, if you are a beginner, then go for method 2 or 3, Thanks jeyashri. Make golf sized balls and set aside. Roughly if you are using half cup flour keep 3/4 cup to 1 cup water. This is usually served with the water in which it is cooked hence its also called Kanji Kozhukattai. In a wide bowl keep the dry rice flour. It's steamed for a more time, that's why it has become hard. Paal Kozhukattai with coconut milk is a tasty festive special Indian sweet prepared with store-bought rice flour, sweetener, and coconut milk.. Yes it will be cooked. The dough seemed to come right but after cooking the modak became so hard. Do not add more water. Tried this recipe? In my childhood days I was always told that “the kitchen is the heart of the home”. Another advantage is that you can use lauki to bulk up the filling rather than using excessive amounts of coconut. Although it is not traditionally made on that day, but i would love to make it because it is a family favourite. My grandmother and mother were clearly my inspiration to ignite the love of cooking in me! While kneading grease your hands with sesame oil. Pour hot water little by little to get a lumpy mixture. Very nice & useful one. I also love food blogging. Grind to a really smooth fine paste. This as such won’t form any lumps. Once the kozhukkatai is steamed, immediately the kozhukattai may look soft but it will harden eventually if we mess up the dough. Very Nice recipe.I also checked one more interesting recipe churma modak . Refer sweet kozhukattai. Dry roast semolina or sooji in a wide pan for … Else the soppu | outer will break when you make the modakams. How to make Uppu Mani Kozhukattai Recipe - Kara Pidi Kozhukattai . Ensure the ground should be very fine without any granules. Furthermore, I would like to share some of my suggestions, how to make the dough for kozhukattai recipe. ... Add salt and boiling water to the … Briskly stir and keep mixing until it … Cook till comes out leaving the pan. We can drink the Kanji (the water used to cook the Kozhukattai). SUBBUSKITCHEN | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | © 2018 | MANAGED BY HOST MY BLOG. Vinayagar Chaturthi also called Ganesh Chaturthi falls on 1 st of Septemper this year. It's tasty and nutritious.      Sesame oil  2 tsp      Simmer the flame before you start adding ingredients to the boiling water as the dough comes together quickly. Glad to have found this today . Method 1 : In a pan add the water as needed and add the salt and 1 tsp of sesame oil When it starts rolling boil, add the processed rice flour or idiyappam flour or store bought rice flour to … few strands of saffron. Grease the idli mould with little oil. Grind this in a mixie into a very nice batter . Hi your recipes are very nice. If you can make balls with the dough without any cracks then it is in the right consistency. The objective of this blog is to Inspire to Cook. You can add 1/4 cup of milk to the water while making kozhukattai (in all methods). Do not add more water… Cover with a wet cloth. (we call it by a different name at home) I have tried making kozhukattai with both store-bought rice … 2) Always use enough water to get proper kozhukattai maavu. Copyright © document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) All Rights Reserved, Vinayagar chaturthi | Ganesh chaturthi | pillayar chaturthi, the main prasadh made for this ganesha festival for neivedyam is modak | modakam. PREPRARATION OF FILLING. Shake and add to the paal kozhukattai; Cook in low flame for 15 seconds and turn off the flame . Tag @Subbusktichen on Instagram. https://www.jeyashriskitchen.com/kozhukattai-recipe-how-to-make-kozhukattai You can replace oil with ghee while tempering. Your blog has been very helpful for me in this regard. Take water in a small bowl and use it while forming kozhukattai. Finely chop the curry leaves, ginger and green chillies. 1 cup water. if required grease your hand in water to form Kozhukattai; Grease the idli plate with little oil and place the Kozhukattai in mold. If it is dry add little more hot water to this and mix well. The water amount varies depending upon the brand. That was totally different and i never heard about that too. Ammini Kozhukattai . OTHER KOZHUKATTAI VARIETIES IN TMF, Banana kozhukattai. Use ladle to mix well. … One of the traditional and forgetton recipe, Thanni Kozhukkattai is very one of the healthy breakfast dish. Ammini kozhukattai method: Soak moong dal in hot water. Kozhukattai recipe with step by step pics. Because this step helps to keep the kozhukattai so soft. Will be posting the traditional version soon. Even if the batter is thin, we don’t need to worry as we are going... 3. Now take the flour and make a small lemon sized ball out of the batter. Prepare kozhukattai dough: Boil water until bubbles start moving from bottom to top. When the rice is almost ground, add the grated coconut and salt and then allow the flour to grind it for a while. Serve the delicious Thanni kozhukattai with water in which it is cooked along with piping hot cocunut chutney. Check out my, How to make Kozhukattai maavu – 4 ways | Ganesh chaturthi recipes, Pachai Payaru vella sundal recipe, Green gram sundal, Vella seedai | vella cheedai recipe | gokulashtami recipes, Indian microwave cooking – bhindi fry – masala bhindi, Kara thenkuzhal murukku recipe | easy diwali snacks, AADI 18 SPECIAL RECIPES| COOKING FOR GUESTS 25, Instant nei appam recipe | Krishna jayanthi 2015 recipes, Navaratri Neivedyam recipes | Navaratri recipes, In a pan add the water as needed and add the salt and 1 tsp of sesame oil. Boil water in a pan adding few drops of oil and a pinch of salt. Set aside. cracked wheat and oats kozhukattai. How to Make Thanni Kozhukattai. When the water begins to boil, add the rice flour & mix it continuously until it forms a lump free dough. aval kozhukattai. Dry roast sesame seeds until aromatic. Similar Recipes, Elai Paniyaram Therali Pidi Kozhukattai Sesame Kozhukattai Sweet Poha Kozhukattai I tried some recipes and comes out vey well. Welcome to Jeyashri’s Kitchen! Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Serves: –, Rice flour | idiyappam flour  1/2 cup    Water   1 cup Take a ball and make soppu / cup shape. When it is warm grease your hands with sesame oil and knead the dough well. Can we steam this instead of putting in water, We can steam but this whole dumplings are served with the cooked water. Hi keep the dough covered all the time. Rinse 1/2 cup chana dal a couple of times in water. https://rakskitchen.net/elai-kozhukattai-recipe-jackfruit-elai IT Engineer turned full time Food Blogger. It will start oozing out water. While i finished making the pictures, suddenly remembered of my very close friend Mythili, she is an expert in making in the outer cover of the modakam. Remove the pan from flame and allow it to cool for a while till you are able to handle the batter in your hand. In that case increase the water by 1/4 cup or you can also sprinkle warm water and knead it once again before making pidi kozhukattai. Add hot water little by little to the rice flour mixture and mix well with a spatula to make a smooth … Add the sugar . Grease the hand with little water, take a small portion of Kozhukattai and make it into cylindrical shape. Grate the bottle gourd, extract all the water out and add the fiber to your traditional sweet kozhukattai … Switch off the flame and once it is warm you can start making the modakams. To begin making the Chettinad Style Uppu Mani Kozhukattai Recipe, we will first make the Kozhukattai dough. Soak one tablespoon of split moong dal in water for at least 30 minutes. It is also prepared with leftover Kozhukattai dough on special days. When the water roll boils, switch off the flame. When the water starts boiling, reduce the heat to low. The amount of water may slightly vary depending on the rice flour you use. Other ways you can make this kozhukattai. I have also added some shredded almonds for healthy fats and a good crunch. For method:4 . Thanni Kozhukattai is nothing but, Parboiled rice with coconut balls cooked in boiling water. 7. heat the idli pan/steamer with water and place all the kozhukattai in it.