As soon as the pasta is soft, the soup is ready to be served. Hi Ruby! It’s all around me and there’s no turning back now. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 30-45 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender. There it is. Make the toasted chickpea topping up to a day ahead; store in an airtight container at room temperature. i love anything with sweet potatoes, and love how you added the hummus instead of dairy and cream for creaminess (I saw Anne at Craving Something Healthy did it too – so genius!). Optional: Garnish with avocado slices and/or plain Greek yogurt. Blend until fairly smooth (some texture is fine) - then return to the pan. A portion of the chickpeas are reserved and toasted in a skillet to offer some chew—a nice textural contrast to the creaminess of the pureed soup. Pour stock mixture into a blender. Pour the soup into individual bowls. Stir in cumin and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Grew up in Buffalo, NY so I gotta rep my hometown team , I'm Kara, a registered dietitian and blogger on a mission to inspire you to find a joyful love of food and peaceful balance in life. Hundreds of delicious recipes, paired with simple sides, that can be on your table in 45 minutes or less. In a large stock pot place chicken frame, bones, giblets etc. Use an immersion blender to puree soup until smooth and creamy (alternatively you could transfer soup to a blender to puree). Using the same pan used to cook the vegetables, add a bit of oil and fry up the pancetta until it starts to brown. Thin 1/4 cup hummus into a sauce using 1/4 cup chicken broth, 2 Tbsp. 4. Add the onion and gently cook until it begins to soften. So get spooning people! A creamy sweet potato soup. Put that Halloween squash to good use. Because our CSA has been giving us pounds of sweet potatoes every week for like three weeks now and I’m up to my ears in sweet potato. Cooking Light is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Alright, football season is officially upon us. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes. And because I love the sweet and spicy combo of sweet potato and some heat so I decided to use Sabra’s Supremely Spicy Hummus to give the sweet soup some supreme heat! Congratulations on winning the Sabra contest. Exclusive wellness content delivered straight to your inbox. All Rights Reserved. Make the toasted chickpea topping up to a day ahead; store in an airtight container at room temperature. Pop a star anise and a handful of cracked vermicelli into a bubbling pan of chicken stock. Just posted this killer combo of spicy and creamy on the Recipe ReDux FB page. Dinner Tonight: Quick and Healthy Menus in 45 Minutes (or Less), 1 cup chopped yellow onion (about 1 medium onion), 2 (15-oz.) 3. The hummus makes the soup thick, rich, and creamy so you don’t even have to add any dairy! Luckily for you this Creamy Tomato Hummus Detox Soup is the perfect recipe to battle all those unwanted colds that come with the changing seasons and it couldn’t be any easier to make! I’m curious about that one girl! I am going to have to try this at home! So gorgeous! Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until tender, about 4 minutes. cheese, 2 tbsp. Corn and peas and cut up green beans work well along with the carrots or in place of them. Thanks, Denise! Add enough water to cover chicken frame and gently simmer for 90 minutes, covered. Season with salt. Using the same pan used to cook the vegetables, add a bit of oil and fry up the pancetta until it starts to brown. And that’s what I’ve got for you today. Add tahini and lemon juice; process until smooth. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Learn More About Me. Garnish with some avocado and maybe a dollop of Greek yogurt if you’re a vegetarian, and you’re good to go! Roasted Red Pepper Soup is gluten and dairy free using hummus, roasted red peppers, pre-cooked chicken, and brown rice for a super quick and healthy soup! oil). HUMMUS SOUP WITH RICE – 15 MINUTE DINNER Yummily Yours cooked rice, cilantro, rosemary, hummus, vegetable stock, paprika and 7 more Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Yummly For a richer alternative, try our roast chicken soup with a tangy … Toss with 6 cups cooked spaghetti (8 oz. But if you happen to have some leftover or want to try baking chicken with a new twist, you have to try it with hummus! Who ever said that chicken wings, doughnuts, and pizza couldn't be healthy? They found that hummus and chickpeas help boost nutrient intake and improve overall diet quality – people that ate the most chickpeas and hummus had a higher intake of nutrients (fiber, potassium, vitamins A, E, K, and C, thiamin, folate, and magnesium) and a lower body weight. Quick dinner ideas, nutrition tips, and fresh seasonal recipes. I like to spread it on warm flatbread with grilled zucchini and yellow squash, tomatoes, and feta (you could even tuck some leftover tabbouleh in there). Glad I’m seeing it now! This looks so good Kara! Note: Your email address will not be published. The kind of twist that no one would suspect unless you tell them. Add the garlic, carrot, and celery and cook for another 5 minutes, taking care not to burn the garlic. Stir and bring to a simmer. Amy Dacyczyn, author of The Tightwad Gazette, saves leftover bits of meat, vegetables, sauces, dips, salad dressing, and even other soups in her Perpetual Soup Container (a … Feb 22, 2016 - Explore Practice Vitality's board "How to use up leftover hummus", followed by 324 people on Pinterest. Mostly I just eat hummus out of the container as a dip with veggies or rice chips, but there’s lots of ways you can substitute hummus for other ingredients in recipes to lower calories and fat. I can sauté it for stuffing or casseroles. Great idea to use hummus as a thickener for this soup! For the sake of your sanity, purchase tahini in a jar with a wide mouth; narrow tops make it difficult to stir and spoon out what you need. You’ll end up cooking far more than you need just to have some leftovers to make this soup with! A mug of soup warms you right up during the football game, and this tomato soup gets a boost of Mediterranean flavor and extra creaminess from a secret ingredient – spoiler – it’s hummus! Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet over medium-high. Set aside 1 cup chickpeas; add remaining chickpeas to stock mixture. And just two spoonfuls of hummus per day can help you meet the weekly bean recommendations. I eat hummus all the time. Let me know how it turns out. Add it to the soup pot, along with the cooked vegetables. Blend the soup, either in the saucepan using a stick blender, or transfer to a blender. SO I JUST GOT A GREAT DEAL ON BUTTERNUT SQUASH! 1/2 glass of white wine. Pureed for soup? Kara this looks fabulous! Using it on a pita to make a chicken pita with lots of fresh veggies for lunch can make for a delicious meal. But who needs bacon wrapped bacon to have a proper tailgate?! Pour this mixture into small patties and pan fry them with little oil in a skillet. It’s definitely a refrigerator staple in our household. Cooking Light may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. 4. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra Dipping Co. LLC, and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. Learn how your comment data is processed. (1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)Loading... Tag @karalydonrd on Instagram and hashtag it #thefoodiedietitian, Tell me, what’s your favorite tailgating snack? In a large stockpot or soup pan, heat the vegetable oil. cans unsalted chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and divided. 3. Add ¼ cup leftover hummus, 3 tbsp breadcrumbs, fresh herbs and spices to it. It was my first time adding hummus to soup and I’ll definitely be doing it more often now! Add onions and let cook for about 5 minutes, or until translucent. Thanks, Jessica!! (: So you’re a Bills fan and not Pats?? Get the latest posts, news, and wellness tips delivered straight to your inbox. That should work just fine! © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Don’t be weirded out by the hummus – it makes this soup rich and creamy without the addition of dairy! Which is good news because that means I can embrace my favorite part of football season – the SNACKS! toasted chickpeas, and 1 tsp. Turkey soup, chicken soup, ham soup – you name it and you can use it! If the soup feels a little too thick, adjust by blending in more water, 1⁄/4 cup at a time. This is my go-to basic soup recipe for using leftover turkey or chicken and whatever vegetables I have on hand. Ok, I know there’s probably no such thing as leftover hummus because there’s so many ways to spread it, dip it and top it. Add onions and let cook for about 5 minutes, or until translucent.