thank you! Love all that I’ve tried. 1 lg shallot, sliced. I made this with stir fried veggies and cubed tofu for my son and friends, who were down from Los Angeles. Can’t wait to make it again! I absolutely love this! Also added broccoli micro greens as a finishing element and fit nicely with the recipe. I tried making the cauliflower rice a few different ways—grated by hand, then in the food processor with the grating attachment, and again in the food processor with the S-blade. And super healthy! Recipe […] The lemon and dill flavours were everything Thank you for sharing…. Heat up half a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. This was just delicious! It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Thank you for sharing this. Add the cauliflower to the skillet. I came across this recipe a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE it!!!! Regardless, the cauliflower rice turned out awesome and this will go into my permanent rotation. It can’t. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed it, Theresa. Love this recipe. Craving more light, fresh side dishes? Other Cauliflower Rice Recipes You Might Enjoy: Filed Under: All Gluten Free Recipes, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Paleo, Sides, Spring, Summer, Vegan, Vegetarian, Whole30 Tagged With: cauliflower, keto, lemon, low carb, mediterranean, sugar free, Hi, I'm Sarah! Here are a few more of my favorites: This cauliflower rice recipe features fresh Mediterranean flavors, including toasted almonds, lemon and parsley. Thank you! To quote my husband (except he said this about the word licence last week and I’m still laughing about it: The word {cauliflower} is blowing my mind right now. Yes, it does the trick! You’re welcome! This one should help…especially if I use a heavy hand with the olive oil and nuts. 1 T minced garlic. Wonderful that you loved it. So it just took a bit longer to get to the browning stage. Sprinkle with the remaining za’atar seasoning and serve with lemon wedges. I wasn’t able to squeeze enough water out of the cauliflower…weak hands? They kept going back to the pan to taste it – there almost wasn’t enough left for dinner. I will make this again during cauliflower season. I added raisins and it was a nice counterpoint to the toasty and lemon tastes. 30th July 2018 By Sarah Nevins 6 Comments, Low carb & paleo friendly Mediterranean style Cauliflower Rice – make it in 20 minutes or less for a healthy & filling side dish! Taste and season with more salt as needed - serve warm and enjoy. By the time the rice was golden, it had lost a ton of volume and offered a strangely spongey texture. Make sure your pan is hot enough. It’s healthy, guilt free, quick, easy, flavorful, had depth, a little heat which was a pleasant surprise, great option for side dish to replace rice. We used a medium to large head of cauliflower and pulsed in our food processor, about 2 batches. © Cookie and Kate 2010 - 2020. This is absolutely lovely! Drizzle extra virgin olive oil … No one knew what it was. Fair warning: No matter how I grated the cauliflower, I made a mess. We loved it. I was skeptical like you but your comments about how delicious the rice cauliflower dish was what made me try it. I’m trying to keep track of and cut sodium, so the 188mg is a significant amount. It’s anti-inflammatory and much kinder to the digestive system than traditional rice. Everything else I followed to a tee. Cook, stirring just every minute or so, until the cauliflower rice is hot and turning golden in places, about 6 to 10 minutes. Thank you for bringing this to my life. He literally could eat it at every meal and snack if Ä° let him. Push the cauliflower florets into a running food processor with the grating attachment. I substituted spinach sliced Thinly instead of the parsley because I didn’t have any and it was absolutely delicious. This Mediterranean cauliflower rice is a great dish during the summer months when you can find many of the ingredients in your own backyard garden or … So easy and made a big bowl to feed four people, thanks! I’m glad you loved it! I love that there are minimal sauces in the recipe; the lemon and seasoning really pops. Hi – I made the Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice last night and to my surprise, it was really tasty. We can bond over the absurdity of the English language while eating some of this Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice, yeah? I would have gone with the grater method, but at your recommendation I used the S-blade and it was perfect. I’m so happy that the lifestyle changes we are making doesn’t mean sacrificing flavor! Loved this recipe, will keep it in my favorites section of my cookbook. Thanks for sharing. YES YES!! Thanks for your review, Bronte. As a thank you, we'll give you our welcome guide with 5 printable dinner recipes. Add broth, mushrooms, cauliflower, corn, … Ä° even fooled my picky 2 year old that this was a real rice dish. My aha moment came while making frosting with confectioners sugar. 4 cloves Garlic, minced. I had a red pepper and some scallions that needed to be used. This can be a side or the base recipe to add other things. 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped. Cook The Cauliflower Rice In a small pot, heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add the caraway seeds. my first foray into cauliflower rice and i’m only sad that i didn’t make more because i ate the whole thing (i only made a cup don’t worry ;). Tastes light and healthy, easy to prepare and I paired it with a tofu. Molto bene! Thanks for sharing, Brendan. No worries if you don’t have a food processor! It was nice and fluffy like rice from squeezing out the water. I chose to dry my cauliflower rice in the oven instead of squeezing out the moisture. Made this with broccolifower. I made this today. Followed your recipe – it turned out delicious. Chop up the cauliflower florets into little bite sized pieces and pulse them in a standard blender. I made this today and wow, this was fabulous. Paired it with Ina Garten’s pantry dinner of lemon chicken and it was perfect. If you don’t have the grating blade you can also make this by pulsing it up with the standard S-blade. Toast the almonds in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently (careful, or they’ll burn), until they’re fragrant and starting to turn golden on the edges, about 3 to 5 minutes. At the first wisp of smoke … We followed the recipe to a T except added a bit more red pepper and garlic, didn’t use lemon juice, subsituted basil for parsley, and since we didn’t have sliced almonds, did the best we could using a few packs of 100 calorie almond packs and chopped to our best ability. Instagram ⋄ Pinterest ⋄ Facebook, Subscribe to our email newsletter! Thanks again for the recipe. Hi to Cookie too. Stir in Green Made this once and didn’t tell my kids what it was. Return the skillet to the heat and add the olive oil and garlic. I wasn’t expecting nothing to be honest but the outcome was fascinating! We love it! I’m trying to learn recipes that can fatten him back up without messing up his blood sugar. I made this last week, almost being super skeptical because I havent had good experience with cauliflower rice but this recipe is amazing!!!! Dog lover. This was amazing! 1/2 cup Feta, crumbled. Usually, to him, riced cauliflower is just a reminder of how much he’d rather have rice. Thank you for sharing this and the “how to” method for making the rice. Delightful! Cook until softened, 5-6 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Just yummy! My 4, 6, and 8 year old kids also like it, especially the crunchiness from the almonds. This ketogenic Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice with Halloumi is the perfect weekday meal. I’m glad you all could enjoy this one, Jenju! Transfer the toasted almonds to a bowl to cool. Return the skillet to the heat and add the olive oil and garlic. I loved this!!! Stir in the toasted almonds, parsley and lemon juice. Made some substitutions on the seasoning side (kids used up all the lemons earlier in the day), and it was great! I’m glad you loved it, Linda. Fresh parsley, lemon, garlic, toasted almonds and red pepper flakes make this cauliflower rice an irresistible side dish. I just tried out this recipe and it is so delicious! I made this and it was awesome! So delicious & nutritious!! The simplicity is nice, although we did add freshly cooked corn, shaved from the cob and added a pleasantly subtle addition. I wanted to make it a main dish, so I sauteed onions/celery with the garlic and then added chopped spinach and ground beef seasoned with a Greek herb blend. Cauliflower rice a light, low-carb, paleo-friendly side dish and it’s all the rage these days. Thank you for making week night meals simple and tasty! Thanks so much for your review. I made this with Trader Joe’s Frozen Caulflower Rice. It was my first time making any type of ‘cauliflower rice’ and I found it relatively easy and very tasty. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME…LIGHT FLUFFY DEELISSHUS ADDED BELL PEPPERS and mediterrean herbs..the ” I don’t like cauliflower” eater still doesn’t know.. loved it!! To be honest, I was skeptical of cauliflower rice. Made this last night-very easy and quite yummy!, it’s a keeper! Used pumpkin seed kernels, pecan and walnuts instead cause did not have almonds. Does this recipe reheat well the next day? 4. Thank you for posting this recipe! Recipe yields 4 modest side servings. You can still do this a couple different ways. I used frozen cauliflower rice and cooked it in the microwave for 4 minutes then rolled it in paper towel to remove the moisture before adding it to the pan to brown. Thank you! Thank you for your lovely recipe. Bring to a boil. I used cilantro instead of parsley and added finely chopped green chillies. Thank you for the recipe. I don’t know because my husband and I ate the whole thing as our main dish. I made no changes and would have provided a picture, but it is all gone! Do you ever just stare at a word for too long and think ‘well that can’t be right’? Karin, I’ve been making cauliflower rice for sometime now but I’ve never pressed out the water before. It definitely helps the browning and increase the flavor. This is a very versatile recipe. I didn’t have the correct greens so I went out into the garden and cut a bunch of green onion tops. (NO ME). About ⋄ Contact ⋄ Cookbook ⋄ Recipes ⋄ Shop ⋄ Subscribe, Cookie and Kate receives commissions on purchases made through our links to retailers. I’m happy to hear that, Ryan. The wife said the pepper flakes were too much. Will be making again very soon. The lemon, parsley and almond should compliment beautifully. Add sliced scallion greens and drizzle with aioli. Tuck in! The inevitable truth is that cauliflower rice needs some help from other flavors to send me back for seconds. Recently added riced cauliflower to my diet and was skeptical about the flavor of this recipe as it’s so simple. sea salt, and 1 medium garlic clove, and a generous pinch pepper. To be certain that the recipe was blog-worthy, I made the rice again for my skeptical taste testers. I cooked the almonds, cauliflower, and veggies separate and tossed together. For example I added cooked English peas and halved grape tomatoes to give more color. My first experience making cauliflower rice. If I used frozen cauliflower rice, would I thaw before squeezing out moisture? Loved this so much! 1/2 Lemon, juiced and zested. You could make this low-carb cauliflower rice to round out a light meal, or to lighten up an otherwise heavy dinner. (You will not be subscribed to our email newsletter.). tahini, 1/2 tsp. This recipe is OUTSTANDING!! A few things to keep in mind while you make this: Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice!  I love seeing what you make! Your blogs have really helped in my new lifestyle. I’ve made this recipe three times within the past two weeks! Add in the broth or … Mediterranean Fried Cauliflower Rice is a one skillet meal that’s easy, healthy, and full of flavor. Thank you for the recipe!!!! Lol it’s absolutely delicious! I tried various recipes before but this one makes me the happiest. I used frozen riced cauliflower. Thank you! And of course if you’re short on time or just want something fast, easy and without loads of clean up you can just go ahead and buy pre riced cauliflower. Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice Bowl. I love when recipes are a hit with the entire family! I didn’t have sliced almonds, so I used slivered almonds and enjoyed the crunch. Hello! I”m from Hawaii so rice is sort of a staple, this will definitely be an alternative for my family. Like, really good. I also added a chopped red pepper for some color and a can of chickpeas to bulk it up as a main lunch dish. Ä° recently was diagnosed with pre diabetes so it was a game/life changer for me and i fear my son may get the same later in life, so i decided to start his change now before he became totally addicted to carbs like me…. I used frozen cauliflower rice, let it thaw and then uses my potato press to get the water out and worked like a charm. Add the garlic and cook another minute. And I will make a main dish utilizing Turkey gravy instead of Brown gravy. Looking forward to sharing this with friends and family. I found when testing this recipe, there was a lot of variance in the amount of water in the cauliflower. It takes a little more elbow grease but really isn’t difficult. This pilaf is tossed with dates, olives, toasted … Thanks. Have made it several times since and it always disappears. I’m sure there’s some moisture variability from cauliflower to cauliflower, but I was able to squeeze out the most moisture from the cauliflower rice that I made with the S-blade. Now let’s see if I can sneak it past my hubby…. This was absolutely incredible! I love cauliflower but had a hard time finding a rice cauliflower recipe that had flavor- this one is awesome !! I made this recipe to use up a half bag of cauliflower rice. I didn’t have parsley so I used basil. You’ll want to aim for a medium-high/high heat. We loved it. I have made it before but not this way. Love love and love some more! Hubs tried to ring out as much water as possbile using many paper towels. 16 oz frozen or fresh cauliflower rice. But whether or not you’re into all that it certainly is tasty twist on traditional grain rice! Let me know how it works for you! This is really best served right away. I used my old fashioned wooden chopping bowl and hand chopper to finely chop the cauliflower. Divide the Mediterranean fried rice between large bowls and top with sumac cauliflower and Kalamata olives. Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet. He is a newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetic…has always been thin…now, without carbs, he is way too skinny. I made this recipe last night and the only change I made was replaced the almonds with hemp hearts. The high heat will draw out excess moisture in the cauliflower so it doesn't get too mushy. I used cilantro and slivered almonds instead and it still tasted great! I made this recipe for dinner to accompany fish. Thank you for sharing, Brenda. Tip: Toast the almonds in the microwave in a glass pie plate, stirring every 30 seconds. Simple and yet so good. Hi Barbara! Another real winner! That’s great to hear, Mellissa. Super yummy!! Thanks Kate! {"cookieName":"wBounce","isAggressive":false,"isSitewide":true,"hesitation":"30","openAnimation":false,"exitAnimation":false,"timer":"","sensitivity":"","cookieExpire":"30","cookieDomain":"","autoFire":"","isAnalyticsEnabled":true}, Orange Orzo Salad with Almonds, Feta and Olives, Pinch of red pepper flakes (omit if sensitive to spice), If you’re working with a head of cauliflower, cut it into medium chunks (see photo) and discard the core. Place the cauliflower florets in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade. I’m sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis! Cookie and Kate is a registered trademark of Cookie and Kate LLC. Delicious. 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided. I always double the recipe so we can have leftovers! I was laughing to myself when you were talking about making a mess! It’s my second time to make it. Prep the cauliflower: Remove the cauliflower leaves and stems and chop into cite sized florets. When I poured some Brown gravy over the cauliflower rice it was great. Made this recipe for my husband a few weeks ago to go along with baked trout and it was perfect.Having people over to dinner and will be serving this rice again.Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to review. So my solution was to put the bowl in the sink and grate from there. My 15 year old athlete son who does not like cauliflower, absolutely loved this!! I then placed the colander on paper towels to finish draining. I think this will be perfect! Affiliate details ». For the Cauliflower Rice. This post contains affiliate links. Yummy! This is cauliflower rice kicked up several notches by some of my favorite Mediterranean ingredients. In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice Bowl This gluten-free, vegetarian cauliflower rice bowl looks amazing and tastes fantastic! Cook while stirring until the garlic is fragrant, about 10 to 20 seconds. Cook for another minute. Next time I will pop it in the oven for a crusty top. 2 T fresh parsley, chopped. Healthy, flavorful, easy to make. It will go well with any recipe that is loosely Mediterranean in flavor, especially with dishes that contain lemon and fresh herbs. Super yummy!! Add the cauliflower rice, red pepper flakes and salt, and stir to combine. Perfect meal! Was hesitant because I’m not a big fan of cauliflower. It is delicious. Blend until well combined. I also sautéed onion with the garlic. This is really easy and tastes great! Thank you so much for the healthy side dish recipe. Many thanks, Absolutely loved it, as did my family, didn’t have much almonds so used hazelnuts and walnuts, excellent. Is it mainly from the salt in the recipe? Drain and return to pan. So good! Place the cauliflower florets on a large baking sheet. I have told everyone about this website and Instagram account. On the second day, we roasted some zuchinni, mushroom, red pepper, and onion and laid it on top and it was even more delicious this way. I squeezed out the raw vegetable after chopping, using a tea towel. Absolutely delicious. I tried this today for the first time and it was delicious. Easy to make, tastes fantastic…. So this idea was very helpful to me. Used coconut oil because did not have olive oil. Made this tonight and we both loved it. Way too watery once it was thawed. I do my best to make sure everything is clear and as detailed as I can. Riced cauliflower serves as a delicious, carb-free substitute for rice in this easy, one-dish chicken dinner. Long time fan of yours. Swirl in olive oil and add onion. Yes, you would want it to be defrosted.  Thank you! After reading the reviews, I also Added some chopped res pepper, chopped kalamata olives, onions and topped with a bit of crumbled feta. I appreciate your review. My husband can’t have garlic so I sautéed red onion and a chopped a portobello mushroom I needed to use. 5 stars!!! Didn’t have almonds so used walnuts and hazelnuts, also used grater for cauli, brilliant results, my wife thinks I’m the nuts. Thanks. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Those almonds give it a nice crunch. I was so excited with how it turned out!! Squeezing the moisture out of the cauliflower makes a huge difference too. You are my constant ‘go to’ for inspiration.I absolutely love this as much as I loved the Best Ever Quinoa salad. The kitchen smelled nasty after the chopping phase, but it didn’t taste sulphuric. That all being said, you absolutely do not need to invest in any large, expensive kitchen appliances to make this dish. CostCo frozen organic cauliflower rice is the best- only one I buy and I always have it in my freezer. Thanks for a great recipe! Thanks for the great recipe! Mix up the dressing and drizzle a small portion of it over the ingredients in the … If you’re a cauliflower rice connoisseur, please share your tips with me, too! In large bowl add the cauliflower rice… My husband is new to the riced cauliflower thing but is a big fan especially with recipes like this.