'54. Many capitalist countries have an economy that is driven by the economic activities of its constituents. The opposite of to produce is to consume, or to use.Where produce means to create something, the antonym could be destroy. , 2. to use. Ingest: to take in as food. "consume." Antonyms for consume at Synonyms.com with free online thesaurus, synonyms, definitions and translations. Thanks for your vote! thesaurus. 19 synonyms of consume from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 107 related words, definitions, and antonyms. A busy student imbibes or drinks in knowledge; he is absorbed in a subject that takes his whole attention. ... An antonym is a word that means the opposite of something else. GAMES; BROWSE THESAURUS; WORD OF THE DAY; WORDS AT PLAY. It has antonyms, and it is … Find all the antonyms of the word consume presented in a simple and clear manner. Synonyms: consume, eat, partake (of)… Find the right word. Antonyms for consumption include conservation, preservation, saving, husbandry, protection, upkeep, maintenance, preserving, control and conservancy. So no, urge is not an antonym. Top consume antonyms (related to fill) are abstain, accumulate and collect. The Objective Factors I WE are now in a position to return to our main theme, from which we broke off at the end of Book I in order to deal with certain general A lot of the trash I was embarrassed to show, because I didn't realize how many recyclables we had, it made me realize I needed to shop more at the farmers market, consume less things and buy less plastic. Find another word for consumes. All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. sumes v.tr. "I only postponed it because I happened to get absorbed in a book." Antonyms:reject, supersede, disuse, discard, Synonyms:use, appropriate, burn, oat up, devour, spend, squander, assimilate, occupy, absorb, employ, utilize, waste, destroy, spoil, ravage, expend, pine, wither, decay. Opposite of to eat or consume as food Opposite of to completely destroy by fire (of a feeling) Opposite of to completely preoccupy the mind of (someone) Another word for ingest. You consume a drink, so you see other people as more attractive, but you also become more attractive yourself because you've consumed a drink. See Synonyms at eat. Spellchecker.net, Inc. 2720 3rd … Using less meat is what I encourage, even if you add a little bit of chopped mushroom to a ground beef patty mixture, that can help to reduce the meat you consume. Antonyms for consuming include boring, drab, dry, dull, heavy, monotonous, tedious, uninteresting, wearisome and mundane. A great talker engrosses the conversation. DICTIONARY.COM THESAURUS.COM MEANINGS MEANINGS Emoji Slang Acronyms Pop Culture Memes … Full list of antonyms for Consume is here. Another word for consume. Antonyms for consume. Synonyms for consume in Free Thesaurus. Consume antonyms. Opposite of fast (3) Munch on (3) "Dig in" (3) Have a bite (3) Absorb, as costs (3) Eat or drink (7) CONSUME: Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for CONSUME We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word consume will help you to finish your crossword today. Lv 6. See more. The power plant consumes 30 tons of coal per hour. Top antonyms for consume (opposite of consume) are conserve, build and provide. 50 synonyms of use from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 65 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Find another word for consuming. 4. LOG IN; REGISTER; settings. A fluid that is absorbed is taken up into the mass of the absorbing body, with which it may or may not permanently combine. consume consume mass quantities consumed consumedly consumer activism consumer advocacy consumer agent portal (cap) consumer behaviour consumer brands Alternative searches for consumer: Search Synonyms for Full list of antonyms for Consumer is here. … view … Synonyms: apply, employ, exercise… Find the right word. What are opposite words of Consumer? Consume definition is - to do away with completely : destroy. SAVED WORDS dictionary. Top antonyms for consume (opposite of consume) on this page are resurrect, retrieve and reverse. SINCE 1828. https://www.synonyms.com/antonyms/consume. The Propensity to Consume: I. 43 Consume antonyms. Antonyms for consume kənˈsum This page is about all possible antonyms and opposite words for the term consume. GAMES; BROWSE THESAURUS; WORD OF THE DAY; WORDS AT PLAY. England and America have particularly influential economies. Or, to put it in a different way, is there a nicer way (synonym?) How much electricity do you consume per month?, 3. to destroy, eg by fire. Top consume antonyms (nouns) are business, stock and supply. Also you can find some other opposite words using the online search on our website. The entire building was consumed by fire., , conˈsumer . To waste; squander. Find opposite of Consume hyponyms, hypernyms, related words and definitions. Wood expands when it absorbs moisture, iron when it absorbs heat, the substance remaining perhaps otherwise substantially unchanged; quicklime, when it absorbs water, becomes a new substance with different qualities, hydrated or slaked lime. How to use consume in a sentence. "Almost us ingest too many last dark," Geck gave what Find another word for consume. Consumption, in economics, the use of goods and services by households. A substance is consumed which is destructively appropriated by some other substance, being, or agency, so that it ceases to exist or to be recognized as existing in its original condition; fuel is consumed in the fire, food in the body; consume is also applied to whatever is removed from the market for individual use; as, silk and woolen goods are consumed. Consume definition, to destroy or expend by use; use up. To purchase (goods or services) for direct use or ownership. What are opposite words of Consume? Antonyms for use include disuse, nonuse, abandonment, dereliction, desuetude, insuetude, inusitation, lack of use, obsolescence and obsoleteness. consume (kənˈsjuːm) verb 1. to eat or drink. Find another word for consuming. Produce and Consume Records in multiple languages using Scala Lang with full code examples. How to use consumer in a sentence. consume late 14c., "to destroy by separating into parts which cannot be reunited, as by burning or eating," hence "destroy the substance of, annihilate," from Old French consumer "to consume" (12c.) We've arranged the synonyms in length order so that they are easier to find. So old a man had no energy to expend in the indirections The Beast. Antonyms for consume. [1][2] The fields of medicine (particularly veterinary) and zoology often distinguish a poison from a toxin, and from a venom. Consumption is distinct from consumption expenditure, which is the purchase of goods and services for use by households. 19 synonyms of consumes from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 107 related words, definitions, and antonyms. "Some people can down a pound of meat in the course of one meal", Synonyms:land, take in, eat up, pull down, exhaust, ware, put through, eat, pass, push down, kill, go through, follow out, take, have, belt down, waste, use up, drink down, see, shoot down, cut down, ingest, go across, run through, toss off, pour down, follow up, follow through, squander, guttle, wipe out, carry out, down, bolt down, refine, raven, experience, pop, work through, devour, fine-tune, knock down, pig, implement, deplete, polish, consume, ingest, take in, take, have(verb), "Have another bowl of chicken soup!