Check out our other SRD sites! While the spell lasts, you can end one option as an action to gain the benefits of a different one. Downloads CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS. So you can't turn into yourself. Like a hat of disguise, this garment allows its wearer to alter her appearance. Pretty good for picking up scent, e.g. Ones to pay attention to are the changes to your natural attacks and your base movement speed. As part of the disguise, the hat can be changed to appear as a comb, ribbon, headband, cap, coif, hood, helmet, or other headwear. Probably worth considering if you don't have anything better for the head slot (not unlikely). Very useful with Pheromone Arrows on my Tiefling Zen Archer who gets this as an SLA once per day. If you decide to pay the difference of magic item's Price, then this difference already includes both the magical components and his spellcasting services.The magical components cost is always half the market price of the item, everything else is profit for the creator/seller.. Brandon Dusty Rose Prism Ioun Stone +1 Insight Bonus to AC. While in this form, the wearer can breathe water and transform her lower body into a merfolk fishtail. This means she will let those arrows fly without a moments hesitation. In much of Golarion, people consider all matter to be composed of four basic elements, or forms of elemental energy, or elemental forces—air, earth, fire, and water. Alter Self. Your base speed changes to match that of the form you assume. Aquatic Adaptation: You adapt your body to an aquatic environment, sprouting gills, and growing webbing between your fingers Unless otherwise noted, polymorph spells cannot be used to change into specific individuals. Elemental Plane of Air has air elementals If the form you assume has any of the following abilities, you gain the listed ability: darkvision 60 feet, low-light vision, scent, and swim 30 feet. When you revert to your true form, any objects previously melded into the new form reappear in the same location on your body they previously occupied and are once again functional. | PF2 SRD. New Pages When the change occurs, your equipment, if any, either remains worn or held by the new form (if it is capable of wearing or holding the item), or melds into the new form and becomes nonfunctional. School transmutation (polymorph); Level alchemist 2, bard 2, magus 2, psychic 2, shaman 2, sorcerer/wizard 2, summoner/unchained summoner 2, witch 2. Feats Craft Wondrous Item; Spellsalter self; … When you cast this spell, you can assume the form of any Small or Medium Creature of the Humanoid type. | d20HeroSRD There are probably plenty of homebrew items that do - I found this ring of alter self on one of the many D&D wikis. | The Modern Path SRD Turning into a small creature can be very useful when you want a little extra bonus to stealth (+4 size bonus to stealth, stacking with the +1 from the +2 dexterity). Character Sheets Almost immediately after I declare what form I'm taking with the spell, the party ranger logs into mumble (we play over roll20) and the GM tell him that he had stayed behind camp to prepare our fey allies for their part in the upcoming ambush, and now having caught up to the party the GM gives this description: You catch up the party and see Azrya, Lockwoode, Don and a beautiful elf warrior in shining full-plate leading them through the forest. Blood Orc. No sense in overcomplicating things. Elemental creatures are outsiders that are created from these elements and reside in one of the four Elemental Planes associated with each element:. Or just give it to them as an innate ability that they can use whenever without concentration. Feats Craft Wondrous Item; Spellsalter self; Cost 6,000 gp. He is one heck of a tag team partner. Duration 1 min./level (D). One of the best things about NPCs is they don't have to follow the rules of the PCs. Without a moment's hesitation, the ranger (who's been hitting on every elf he's seen) rolls up and starts hitting "on the new girl". While most of these should be obvious, the GM is the final arbiter of what abilities depend on form and are lost when a new form is assumed. Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Equipment (OGL) © 2012, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors: Dennis Baker, Jesse Benner, Benjamin Bruck, Ross Byers, Brian J. Cortijo, Ryan Costello, Mike Ferguson, Matt Goetz, Jim Groves, Tracy Hurley, Matt James, Jonathan H. Keith, Michael Kenway, Hal MacLean, Jason Nelson, Tork Shaw, Owen KC Stephens, Russ Taylor, and numerous RPG Superstar contributors. This site may earn affiliate commissions from the links on this page. Because he is still a humanoid, his items all continue to function normally. School transmutation (polymorph); Level bard 2, sorcerer/wizard 2. School transmutation (polymorph); Level alchemist 2, bard 2, magus 2, sorcerer/wizard 2, summoner 2, witch 2, Components V, S, M (a piece of the creature whose form you plan to assume). You also lose any class features that depend upon form, but those that allow you to add features (such as sorcerers that can grow claws) still function. 3.5's version of 'Alter Self' is flat out broken, and one of the 3.5 era spells that give 3.5 such a bad name. Paying the full price. Small creature: If the form you take is that of a Small humanoid, you gain a +2 size bonus to your Dexterity. The idea of collecting the component is mildly interesting. It functions as an alter self spell (as opposed to disguise self). Aura faint transmutation; CL 3rd Slot belt; Price 32,000 gp; Weight 2 lbs.. Alter self (1 charge) Blink (1 charge) Expeditious retreat (1 charge) Baleful polymorph (2 charges) Polymorph (2 charges) Disintegrate (3 charges) Construction. Use it anytime you need darkvision, low-light vision, the ability to swim, a bonus to strength or dexterity, or scent. I have never understood why they used 3.5 to errata a variety of spells that play in 3.0 had indicated were a bit too good (haste and harm, most notably) and yet without play testing the changes broke perfectly good and balanced 3.0 era spells like 'Alter Self' wide open. You lose your spell slot as if you had cast the triggering spell. | d20 Anime SRD Pathfinder Module: Curse of the Riven Sky. Your base speed changes to match that of the form you assume. Open Game Content (place problems on the discussion page). He gains the human 30 foot move speed, and a +2 size bonus to strength, as specified in the Alter Self spell description. I'm a little disappointed that you can get a Swim speed, but not Burrow or Climb or Fly. Things to note about Polymorph spells that aren't explicitly stated by Alter Self: If the form grants a lesser ability of the same type, you gain the lesser ability instead. | FateCoreSRD Alter Self. Playing Strategy: Don’t be confused, this pathfinder optimized archer build is still a fighter first. Sell at the Open Gaming Store! If so, how did it go? Components V, S, M (a piece of the creature whose form you plan to assume). Aura strong varied; CL 13th I have mostly used it just for the bonuses, though in my groups it's very underused for espionage, or for getting (for example) the party's elf into a town that shoots elves on sight. Once per day this simple woolen robe allows you to assume the form of another humanoid creature, as if using alter self. ""Hi Drake.""Goddamnit! Hat of Disguise This apparently normal hat allows its wearer to alter her appearance as with a disguise self spell. Polymorph spells cannot be used to assume the form of a creature with a template or an advanced version of a creature. I'm curious how many people worry about its material component. Witches and wizards have alternative ways to achieve the abilities alter self would give them if that's the direction their characters would go. This is a staple spell, while no longer as powerful as it was in 3.5, it remains amazingly versatile and useful. 1: Races of Nature Unleashed (PF1), Aegis of Empires 5: Race for Shataakh-Uulm (Pathfinder RPG), Aegis of Empires 4: Legend of the Burning Star (PF1). Today I'm looking at transformation spells like alter self, beast shape, elemental … | 5th Edition SRD | Design Finder 2018 Not terribly familiar with cohorts, but wouldn't a blink dog be unable to activate magic items, and even if he could, still mentally be a blink dog, and therefore unable to take class levels, etc? As part of the disguise, the hat can be changed to appear as a comb, ribbon, headband, cap, coif, hood, helmet, and so on. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It has gotten a lot of use for screwing with other party members, sadly. | Fudge SRD | Swords and Wizardry SRD This apparently normal hat allows its wearer to alter her appearance as with a disguise self spell. Things to note about Polymorph spells that aren't explicitly stated by Alter Self: If the form grants a lesser ability of the same type, you gain the lesser ability instead. When casting the Alter Self 5e spell, choose one of the following options to … Casting Time 1 standard action. Target you. 12k gold, does this at will. (Not administered by or affiliated with Paizo Publishing® in any way), Press J to jump to the feed. Haagenti The Whispers Within Source Inner Sea Gods pg. Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, charm person, disguise self, resistance, spite; Cost 17,750 gp Hosteling (Armor Enchantment) PRICE: +7,500 GP AURA moderate conjuration CL 9th WEIGHT — A suit of armor or shield with this special ability hides living animals within its iconography to keep it safe. When you cast this spell, you can assume the form of any Small or Medium creature of the humanoid type. ", This spell does not require you to BE humanoid before using it, making its usefulness for a non-humanoid much higher. © 2010, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Author: Monte Cook. | OGN Articles Staff of the Woodlands. When you cast this spell, you can assume the form of any Small or Medium creature of the humanoid type. Although many of the fine details can be controlled, your appearance is always that of a generic member of that creature's type. New Pages | Recent Changes | Privacy Policy, Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Equipment (OGL), Latest Pathfinder products in the Open Gaming Store, Ancestral Anthologies Vol. Welcome to the D6damage transmutation guide for Pathfinder. While elves may change their bodies overnight, most other races don't have that luxury. DESCRIPTION. "Hey beautiful, what's your name.""Vanya." If a polymorph spell causes you to change size, apply the size modifiers appropriately, changing your armor class, attack bonus, Combat Maneuver Bonus, and Stealth skill modifiers. Shop the Open Gaming Store! Gutting the shape-shifting shenanigans was one of the few things Pathfinder … Range personal. Marly loses his darkvision and his 20 foot movement speed. The first time my human paladin used it she turned into an elf for low-light vision, as she was leading the party through the forest at night. Casting Time 1 standard action. Where does it say that you get four arms if you change into a Kasatha? Have you ever used this spell? Marly polymorphs into an earth elemental As a frazzled dm with newbie players I'm prone to handwaving material components, but this is something you probably wouldn't have in a spell component pouch. Duration 1 min./level (D). Looking at the table, here Would it be / 5 (because I am making it only 1 charge per day) for a total of 4800 to buy, or 2400 gold to create? When a foe Casts a Spell and you can see its manifestations, you can use your own magic to disrupt it. Target you. Together they are known as Team “I Wanna Roc.” Hey, I am not saying that the Barbarian is horrible (he is not). Alchemists might want this extract, but ultimately they are better off using their 2nd level extract slots for Alchemical Allocation. While under the effects of a polymorph spell, you lose all extraordinary and supernatural abilities that depend on your original form (such as keen senses, scent, and darkvision), as well as any natural attacks and movement types possessed by your original form. Polymorph states: This spell functions like alter self, except that you change the willing subject into another form of living creature. Cast Alter Self for 10 minutes/level duration and save a Veil Pool point. This has to come from Numeria! Some vanara's hair, a piece of a ratfolk's tail, and even the tooth of a vishkanya. I find merfolk to be an excellent choice for alter self when you are in need of a swim speed. | Dungeon World SRD In this case, Polymorph behaves like Alter Self. I.e. Requirements Craft Staff, alter self, baleful polymorph, blink, disintegrate, expeditious retreat, polymorph; Cost 41,000 gp. So, six arrows a round when hasted with her speed boots doing (1d8 + 18) points of damage apiece. Craft Wondrous Item, speak with dead, creator must be a sorcerer. Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) Fifth Edition (5e) Spell - Alter Self - You assume a different form. A kobold's scale? You turn into "a" human, not a specific one. Wow, I never read it. | 13th Age SRD What are some creative uses for this spell? Once per day, the wearer of this belt can command it to transform her into the form of a merfolk.. Wow, a little copper wire. The hat becomes a part of the disguise and can be a hat, a helmet, a headscarf, and so forth. Unlike with other sorts of magic items, the wielder can use his caster level when activating the power of a staff if it’s higher than the caster level of the staff. Just drop the item on the ground, save, check what the last item dropped is in history, open the zonefile you are in (search up for "loading area" to see its 32digit code) and increase the amount of items in the stack you dropped. Feats Craft Wondrous Item; Spells disguise self; Cost 900 gp. Robe of Blending. wait. Cast Alter Self for 10 minutes/level duration and save a Veil Pool point. You could use this for a permanent +2 size bonus to either Dex or Str, though if you use it for Dex you're stuck using small weapons. | Here Be Monsters Bear with me while I explore different formatting options. Staffs use the wielder’s ability score and relevant feats to set the DC for saves against their spells. When you cast this spell, you can assume the form of any Small or Medium creature of the humanoid type. Does Alter Self 5e wings big enough to fly in D&D 5e?How long does Alter Self 5e last? Legal Information/Open Game License, Fan Labs There is a cap with this on it, Greater cap of disguise, that i gave to my blinkdog cohort so he could take levels in Hooded Champion which let him be an elf/orc/whatever and use a bow. This Optimized Pathfinder Mad Dog Barbarian Build is Iwanna, the Barbarian and Roc, the flying beast. I don't use it as a player, but last Sunday there was an NPC who abused the hell out of it to literally get away with murder several times before getting caught. Aura faint illusion; CL 3rd; Slot head; Price 12,000 gp; Weight — lbs. Lucky for me, I bought this Pouch that contains... A troglodyte's ear? It functions as an alter self spell (as opposed to disguise self). Traveller SRD Medium creature: If the form you take is that of a Medium humanoid, you gain a +2 size bonus to your Strength. Naga, Dark: +4 size bonus to Strength, -2 penalty to Dexterity, +4 natural armor bonus, darkvision 60 … I am just say that the Roc in rollin. FAQ. I've used the Greater Hat of Disguise which is basically the same thing, though not the spell itself. Mon–Fri, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific (425) 250-0800. customer.service@paizo.com School transmutation (polymorph); Level bard 2, sorcerer/wizard 2. Alter Self – Although this has also been hit hard with the nerf bat since D&D 3.5, it’s still a great utility spell. 320 Pathfinder Wiki Haagenti Details Alignment CE Pantheon Demon Lords Areas of Concern Alchemy, invention, transformation Domains Artifice, Chaos, Evil, Strength Subdomains Alchemy (Artifice)*, Construct, Demon (Chaos), Demon (Evil), Resolve, Self-Realization (Strength)*, Toil * Requires the Acolyte of Apocrypha trait. ; This is part of the (3.5e) Revised System Reference Document.It is covered by the Open Game License v1.0a, rather than the GNU Free Documentation License 1.3.To distinguish it, these items will have this notice. My Paladin (via Unsanctioned Knowledge) made extensive use of this spell. Ok, so I'm trying to figure out the cost of an item that allows me to use Alter Self once per day, but with a continuous duration. If the form you assume has any of the following abilities, you gain the listed ability: darkvision 60 feet, low-light vision, scent, and swim 30 feet. Many denizens of the world, feeling uncomfortable in their existing bodies, choose to permanently alter them. | GumshoeSRD a duration that does not end. Alter Self Source PRPG Core Rulebook pg. This means that a Kasatha will give you four arms, a Trogolodyte will give you three natural attacks and a Sasquatch will give you 40' move speed, all the senses and a slam attack. | 3.5e SRD By the rules, any component that isn't listed with a GP value is automatically in a spell component pouch. In addition to these benefits, you gain any of the natural attacks of the base creature, including proficiency in those attacks. Humanoid, Small: +2 size bonus to Dexterity. If the form grants a swim or burrow speed, you maintain the ability to breathe if you are swimming or burrowing. Alter Self. When you cast this spell, you can assume the form of any Small or Medium creature of the humanoid type. When you cast the spell, choose one of the following options, the effects of which last for the duration of the spell. Although your GM may allow it if you can find a humanoid species with those. Need Help? If the form grants a swim or burrow speed, you maintain the ability to breathe if you are swimming or burrowing. Should mention the Greater Hat of Disguise. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the Pathfinder_RPG community, For info, news, resources, and anything else about the Pathfinder TTRPG! What's the cheesiest thing you can do with this spell? Based on a search of all magic items available in D&D Beyond, the Infiltrator’s Key from The Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount is indeed the only official magic item that casts alter self.. Cookies help us deliver our Services. 240 School transmutation (); Level alchemist 2, arcanist 2, bard 2, investigator 2, magus 2, medium 2, mesmerist 2, psychic 2, redmantisassassin 2, shaman 2, skald 2, sorcerer 2, summoner 2, summoner (unchained) 2, witch 2, wizard 2 Casting Casting Time 1 standard action Components V, S, M (a piece of the creature whose form you plan to assume) The hat becomes a part of the disguise and can be a hat, a helmet, a headscarf, and so forth. If you want more of an item you already have one item of, dont do this. The PCs were really mad when that really cute flirty baker turned out to be eating other NPCs. Alter Self. When you cast this spell, you can assume the form of any Small or Medium creature of the humanoid type. | d20PFSRD It's a great spell for humans to gain access to low-light/darkvision in particular. These attacks are based on your base attack bonus, modified by your Strength or Dexterity as appropriate, and use your Strength modifier for determining damage bonuses. I'm sure there are probably other good ones out there, but these are just a few examples I found under the Humanoid List on D20. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Your ability scores are not modified by this change unless noted by the spell. Recent Changes You then attempt to ">counteract the triggering spell. Sounds like you wanna be playing 3.X, where Alter Self let you pick up natural armor and crap like Burrow, so if you were an aasimar you could be like, a small Xorn at level 3 and walk around with free full plate and walk through walls. Aura faint illusion; CL 1st; Slot head; Price 1,800 gp; Weight —. | Starjammer SRD Can be useful in a lot of situations to pick up something you need and is also a good buff spell for Dex based characters. But I also have a funny story about Alter Self. And what is this? A merfolk's gill? Character with a high perception can also do some work with scent, there was multiple times where I was able to pin down invisible attacks by turning into a bugbear. You expend a prepared spell to counter the triggering creature’s casting of that same spell. These rings are typically personalised to the individual wearer, so their altered self appears similar to their original self. So that's a lot of text, but it basically means that there are some other changes that might affect your character. Price 8,400 gp; Aura moderate transmutation; CL 10th; Weight 1 lb. You assume a different form. Range personal. It is especially good for bards, and magus. Like a hat of disguise, this garment allows its wearer to alter her appearance. Give them a ring, bracelet, necklace, etc with alter self on it. Small creature: If the form you take is that of a Small humanoid, you gain a +2 size bonus to your Dexterity. Components V, S, M (a piece of the creature whose form you plan to assume). (teleporting archers are freaking strong). If the form you assume has any of the following abilities, you gain the listed ability: Darkvision 60 feet, Low-Light Vision, scent, and swim 30 feet. It can work like a reduce person for a medium creature or enlarge person for small players without the size penalty. The new form may be of the same type as the subject or any of the following types: aberration, animal, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, ooze, plant, or vermin. (My Paladin's name)"Vanya eh?