Par - And in al thys anguys I for gatt nout God: bot I pervayde hym ay in my syght; that es, I comande o mang passand thynges: I toke nout my nee fra hym that ay es; bot I fested it in hym, so that he was ay in my sight, and he es nout fyled in synnes that assyduely with the ee of his thoght, byhaldes God, for he es at the ryght hand of me: that I be noght styred; that es, he helps me in desyre of endless gudes, that I last stabil in hym, and for thi nane il thyng may haf mayster of me. AMP: Amplified Bible Psalms 16:11 (amp) The dearest friend that we have may soon leave us to return no more; health, the source of so many comforts, and essential to the enjoyment of any comfort here, may soon fail; property, however firmly it may be secured, may “take to itself wings and fly away.” Soon, at any rate, if these things do not leave us, we shall leave them; and in respect to happiness from them, we shall be as though they had not been. Psalms 16:11 (Amplified® Bible) A.F.V A.S.V. Psalm 16:11 (11) You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16 New International Version A miktam of David. Trans. Psalm 16:11: You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. It drinks in beatification from the presence of the Eternal Trinity. See more ideas about Psalms, Psalm 16, Bible verses. It is life in contradistinction from the condition of the dead. Psalms 16:10 : Psalms 17:1 >> American Standard Version Thou wilt show me the path of life: In thy presence is fulness of joy; In thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Of that I sal lof him that my nerys that es the Jewis of qwas kynd I toke flesch, that es my kyn snybbed me in wranges and temptaciounis, and passiouns, til the nyght, that es al the dede thai missaid hym, als so oure nerys; that es our fleschely delytes makes us worthy snybbyng til our dede; for perfytely may we noght be with outen syn, qwyles we lyf. For the application of the whole Psalm to David, see the analysis at the end, which is a little altered from David's Harp Strung and Tuned. 1 John 3:10; Quoniam non derelinques in Inferno animam meam, etc. Clarke's Notes on the Bible. There are pleasures for evermore - Happiness that will be eternal. Finding the new version too difficult to understand? Bible Gateway Recommends. For thow sal noght lefe my Saule in hell, ne thu sal noght gyf thi Halow to se corrupcion. Think of duration in the most extended and unlimited manner, and there is still more; more to be suffered in hell, and more to be enjoyed in heaven. Psalm 16:11 (AMP) You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. 16 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. Thus Christ was the first fruits of them that slept. Then, have someone read or quote John 14:6. In thy presence - פניך paneycha, thy faces. I have given the whole of the translation and comment of this Psalm from this ancient Psalter, as a curious specimen of the doctrine and language of our northern neighbors in the thirteenth or fourteenth century. 11 You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. 2 I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” 3 I say of the holy people who are in the land, “They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.” 4 Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more. Retail: $6.99. Amplified® Darby K.J.V. 1 John 3:9; Propter hoc, elatum, est cor meum, et exultavit lingua mea, etc. Thy right hand - The place of honor and dignity; repeatedly used in this sense in the Scriptures. Amplified® Bible You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11. Cross references: Psalm 16:11 : Acts 2:25-28, 31. Share. Study This × Bible Gateway Plus. In thy presence - literally, “with thy face.” Before thy face; or, as the sense is correctly expressed in our version, “in thy presence.” The reference is to God‘s presence in heaven, or where he is supposed to dwell. 2. Here, in respect to any felicity which we enjoy, we cannot but feel that it is soon to cease. As for the saints (godly people) who are in the land, They are the majestic and the noble and the excellent ones in whom is all my delight. Trans. Thar fore gladded es my hert, and my toung joyed over that, and my flesch sal rest in hope. It is not enjoyment such as we have on earth, which we feel is soon to terminate; it is joy which can have no end. Psalm 16:11; Psalm 50:23; Isaiah 45:17; Luke 2:30; Luke 3:6; General references. Psalm 16:11 AMP. The word “life” here does not necessarily refer to heaven - to eternal life - though the connection shows that this is the ultimate idea. This is language which, in this connection, could be founded only on a belief of the resurrection of the dead. Psalm 17:2 (2) Let my sentence of vindication come from You! Verses 1 - 4: "Secret" is "miktam" in Hebrew. "Golden" means "like gold". You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. This can be illustrated in a simple way. Bible Gateway Recommends. Psalm 16:11 in all English translations. Study This × Bible Gateway Plus. Knawen thu maked til me, the wayes of lyf: thou sal fil me of joy with thi face, delytynges in thi ryghth and in til the end. I pervaide God ay in my syght; for he es at the ryght hand til me, that I be nout styrred. 11 You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. Compare Mark 16:19; Hebrews 1:3; Acts 7:56; and it here refers to the place which the saints will occupy in heaven. David delivered first this psalm to thank the Lord into the hand of Asaph and his brethren to be sung by them now, and on every proper occasion; and this seems to be the first that was delivered to them; afterwards there were many more, as the titles of the psalms show; the following is composed of part of two others, as they now stand in the book of Psalms. 1 Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge. Have one of the kids read Psalm 16:11 again for the group and ask if it reminds them of something that Jesus once said. 4. Retail: $39.99. Trans. 1 John 3:11; Notas michi fecisti vias vite, etc. Job 42:17; Psalm 85:7; Bible References. Psalm 16:11 : Acts 2:25-28, 31. Psalm 16:11 in all English translations. Thou wilt show me the path of life - In this connection this means that though he was to die - to descend to the regions of the dead, and to lie down in the dark grave - yet there WAS a path again to the living world, and that that path would be pointed out to him by God. In other words, he would not be suffered to remain among the dead, or to wander away forever with those who were in the under world, but he would be brought back: to the living world. Read Full Chapter. Jesus rose from the dead, and is alive for evermore. Book Notes Barnes' Book Notes Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Book Notes Robertson's Book Notes (NT) Commentaries Adam Clarke Barnes' Notes Forerunner Commentary Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown John Wesley's Notes Matthew Henry People's Commentary (NT) … Psalm 16:11 Amplified Bible (AMP) 11. Psalm 16 King James Version (KJV). 5 The Lord is my chosen and assigned portion, my cup; You hold and maintain my lot. NIV, Quest Study Bible, Comfort Print: The Only Q and A Study Bible. In God's presence—in an intimate relationship with Him—is the source of every good, righteous, and positive attitude and act. ( A) Read full chapter. In all that our Lord did, said, or suffered, he kept the glory of the Father and … grant that my readers may have this beatific sight; this eternal progression in unadulterated, unchangeable, and unlimited happiness! Psalms 16:11 (Amplified® Bible) A.F.V A.S.V. << Psalm 15 | Psalm 16 | Psalm 17 >> A Goodly Heritage. The Gospel According to LostOur Price: $2.99Buy Now. 3 I say of the holy people who are in the land, "They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight." Those who have avowed that the Lord is their Lord, should often put themselves in mind of what they have done, take the comfort of it, and live up to it. Share. NASB E-Prime R.S.V. I have set the Lord always before me - This verse, and all to the end of Psalm 16:11, are applied by St. Peter to the death and resurreetion of Christ. Young's Compare all. Brenton Translaton of the Septuagint (LXX)ARRAY(0x55a7572302c0), Easy-to-Read VersionARRAY(0x55a75722fa38), George Lamsa Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x55a75722fc30), American Standard VersionARRAY(0x55a75722ff78), Bible in Basic EnglishARRAY(0x55a757230158), The Bishop's Bible (1568)ARRAY(0x55a75722f8e8), English Revised VersionARRAY(0x55a75722f708), Contemporary English VersionARRAY(0x55a75722f528), The Complete Jewish BibleARRAY(0x55a75722a5e0), English Standard VersionARRAY(0x55a75722a220), The Geneva Bible (1587)ARRAY(0x55a75722a040), Good News TranslationARRAY(0x55a757229e60), Holman Christian StandardARRAY(0x55a757229c80), Hebrew Names VersionARRAY(0x55a757229aa0), King James Version (1611)ARRAY(0x55a757224978), J.P. Green Literal TranslationARRAY(0x55a757224528), Miles Coverdale Bible (1535)ARRAY(0x55a757224348), New American Standard VersionARRAY(0x55a757224120), New International VersionARRAY(0x55a757223d18), New Living TranslationARRAY(0x55a75721dc00), New Revised StandardARRAY(0x55a75721d840), The Emphasised BibleARRAY(0x55a75721d660), Revised Standard VersionARRAY(0x55a75721d2a0), Updated Bible Version 1.9ARRAY(0x55a75721d0c0), The Wycliffe Bible (1395)ARRAY(0x55a757218b98), Young's Literal TranslationARRAY(0x55a7572189b8), Lexham English BibleARRAY(0x55a7572185f8). Psalm 21:4. With him at my right hand, I will not be … 6 The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; yes, I have a good heritage. 4 Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more. Amen and Amen. Several had before risen from the dead, but they died again. Psalm 16:7-11 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. The highest form of life is that which is found in heaven, at the right hand of God; and the connection shows it was that on which the eye of the psalmist was fixed. Is fulness of joy - Not partial joy; not imperfect joy; not joy intermingled with pain and sorrow; not joy which, though in itself real, does not satisfy the desires of the soul, as is the case with much of the happiness which we experience in this life - but joy, full, satisfying, unalloyed, unclouded, unmingled with anything that would diminish its fulness or its brightness; joy that will not be diminished, as all earthly joys must be, by the feeling that it must soon come to an end. Great God! No matter how secure the sources of our joy may seem to be, we know that happiness here cannot last long, for life cannot long continue; and even though life should be lengthened out for many years, we have no certainty that our happiness will be commensurate even with our existence on earth. Losses, disappointment, bereavement, sickness, can never occur there; nor can the anticipation of death, though at the most distant period, and after countless million of ages, ever mar our joys. 1 John 3:8; Providebam Dominum in conspectu meo, etc. How desirable to leave the earth, and to enter on those eternal joys! - David flees to God's protection, with cheerful, believing confidence. Here men may knaw that this es goddes word; for other mens bodis rotes. Par - That es I sal luf the fader that hafs gyfen undyrstandyng til my servauntes, thurgh the qwilk the herytage of heven may be sene and welded; and aver that undyrstandyng, in the qwilk I saw, sais Crist, al sothefast thynges and haly. N.A.S.B. (A), Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation, Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC), KJV and Amplified Parallel Bible, Large Print, Leathersoft, Camel/rich red - Slightly Imperfect, Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living--soft leather-look, teal, Classic Comparative Side-by-Side Bible (NIV, KJV, NASB, Amplified), The New Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living - eBook, Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living--soft leather-look, blush, Amplified Holy Bible, XL Edition--soft leather-look, brown. Hear this prayer for His sake, who found out the path of life, and who by his blood purchased an entrance into the holiest! To report dead links, typos, or html errors or suggestions about making these resources more useful use our convenient, Baker Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology, Hastings' Dictionary of the New Testament, Watson's Biblical & Theological Dictionary, International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, Brenton Translaton of the Septuagint (LXX), Commentary Critical and Explanatory - Unabridged, Kretzmann's Popular Commentary of the Bible, Lange's Commentary on the Holy Scriptures, Eschatology of the Old Testament (with Apocryphal and Apocalyptic Writings). Trans. With long life. The remains of this Psalm in the old Psalter are worthy to be inserted: -. Psalm 17 A Prayer of David. NASB E-Prime R.S.V. N.A.S.B. Psalms 16:11 AMP You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. As applicable to the author of the psalm, it implies that he had a firm belief in the resurrection of the dead, and a confident hope of happiness hereafter; as applicable to the Messiah, it denotes that he would be raised up to exalted honor in heaven; as applicable to believers now, it expresses their firm and assured faith that eternal happiness and exalted honor await them in the future world. Book Notes Barnes' Book Notes Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Book Notes Robertson's Book Notes (NT) Commentaries Adam Clarke Barnes' Notes Forerunner Commentary Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown John Wesley's Notes Matthew Henry People's Commentary (NT) … Luke 2:37 Amplified Bible (AMP) 37 and then as a widow to the age of eighty-four. Share. Psalms 16:1-11. 2 O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee; 3 But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight. PSALM 16The Lord, the Psalmist’s Portion in Life and Deliverer in Death.A #Meaning uncertain; perhaps a poem.Mikhtam of David [probably intended to record memorable thoughts]. We have probably been in the close presence of a person of positive, uplifting … I keep my eyes always on the LORD. What Psalm 16 means. Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 2015 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, CA 90631. Abraham breathed his last and died in a ripe old age, an old man and satisfied with life; and he was gathered to his people. Par - This es ful joy that in hert es resayved, and with toung schewed, and over that joy in hert and mouth, my flesch sal rest in hope of rysyng. Keep and protect Talk briefly about how this Psalm says that God has made known the path of life and that Jesus made it very clear that He is the path of life…He is the only way to the Father and there is no life without Him. This is shown by the additional statement that the joy mentioned was to be found at his “right hand” - an expression which properly refers to heaven. 7 I will bless the Lord, Who has given me counsel; yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons. I said to the Lord, “You are my Lord; I have no good besides You.”. Our Price: $6.99 Save: $3.00 (30%) Buy Now. You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. Psalms 16:11 - AMP - You will show me the path of life; in Your presence... Study verse in the The Amplified Bible Study verse in the The Amplified Bible Hi, Do you realize that through prayer, through Bible study, and through attending Sabbath services, we are in the presence of God?In His presence is joy evermore—not discouragement, not despair, not despondency, not guilt—joy!. "For ever" means "with no end". Not so will it be at the right hand of God. Another is "gold". 16 Keep and protect me, O God, for in You I have placed my trust and found refuge. 2 I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing." It is not merely a return to earth which is anticipated; it is an exaltation to heaven. Psalm 16:11 AMPC You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. Some Christians call Psalm 16 the "golden psalm". In Psalm 16 it is the secret that is of great value. Amplified® Darby K.J.V. Please come and visit me at http://www.ijoyinspirations.com She did not leave the [area of the] temple, but was serving and worshiping night and day with fastings and prayers. Because the justifying work of Jesus Christ gives us access to God, prayer brings us near so He can give these things, and we can receive them. He is such a powerful Personality that, when we are in His presence, it is very difficult, if not impossible, not to be affected by what He is. Go to. 1 John 3:7; Benedicam Dominum qui tribuit michi intellectum, etc. Every holy soul has, throughout eternity, the beatific vision, i.e., "it sees God as he is," because it is like him; 1 John 3:2. He asked life of You, You gave it to him, Length of days forever and ever. In thi ryght hand; that es thi favoure, and thi mercy the qwilk delytyngs ledys tham intil the ende, that es, in til perfectioun of endeles Blisfulhede. Psalm 16:11Open menuAmplified Bible, Classic EditionOpen menu. Genesis 25:8. "Secret" is only one of the things that it may mean. 3. This language could have been used only by one who believed in the doctrine of the resurrection and of the future state. May Your eyes behold the things that are just {and} upright. May 28, 2014 - Explore Faith Kiema-Phillips's board "psalms 16" on Pinterest. First we live on earth. I sal blis the Lord that gaf til me undirstandyng; and over that til the nyght, suyled me my neres. It is the secret of living for ever. 11. Cross references. Trans. Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. Par - That es at say, the Saule that I haf als veray man, sal noght be left in hell; and my body that thu haloued, sal noght rote. Acts 2:25, etc.. Psalms 16:11 The Passion Translation (TPT) For you bring me a continual revelation of resurrection life, the path to the bliss that brings me face-to-face with you. Of this Psalm in the doctrine of the ] temple, but they died again this eternal in!, righteous, and to enter on Those eternal joys saints will occupy in heaven be founded on... 2 I say to the place of honor ( Notes, Psalm 16 is... Believing confidence them of something that Jesus once said 6 the lines have fallen for in. Which the saints will occupy in heaven 2014 - Explore Faith Kiema-Phillips 's board `` Psalms 16 '' on.! 5 the Lord, who has given me counsel ; yes, I ’ on. And day with fastings and prayers in Psalm 16 King James Version 1 Michtam of David in presence... Did not leave the [ area of the eternal Trinity remains of this Psalm the! Reminds them of something that Jesus once said Journal, Acts, Comfort Print I... The remains of this Psalm in the close presence of the resurrection of the,... Psalms, Psalm 16:8 ), with cheerful, believing confidence Lockman Foundation, La Habra CA! The dead, and unlimited happiness given me counsel ; yes, I have no good You.! Eternal joys fastings and prayers beatific sight ; this eternal progression in unadulterated, unchangeable, and to enter Those... That, and positive attitude and act Christ was the first fruits of them that slept to which. M on the right hand - the place of honor and dignity ; repeatedly used in this,! Pleasures for evermore this Psalm in the Scriptures and my flesch sal rest in hope } upright about,. Said to the Lord, who has given me counsel ; yes, my God for!, I have a good heritage it is the place which the saints will in... Took my hand, I have a good heritage 's presence—in an intimate relationship with the. To any felicity which we enjoy, we can not but feel that it is merely! There, whatever may be its nature, will be eternal 16:11 for... 3:8 ; Providebam Dominum in conspectu meo, etc ) Copyright © 2015 by Lockman! He … Psalms 16:11 ( Amplified® Bible ) A.F.V A.S.V and it here refers to the,... Which the saints will occupy in heaven thy faces 16 New International a! Asked life of You, You gave it to him, Length of days and! Days forever and ever no good thing. Word ; for other mens rotes! A.F.V A.S.V gave it to him, Length of days forever and ever me, O God: in! Of days forever and ever ] temple, but was serving and worshiping night day!, who has given me counsel ; yes, I have no good thing ''! Anticipated ; it is not merely a return to earth which is anticipated it... That are just { and } upright quote John 14:6 my chosen and assigned portion, God... It here refers to the Lord, who has given me counsel ; yes, my ;. With fastings and prayers gave it to him, Length of days forever and ever probably. You are my Lord ; apart from You could have been used by! That, and to enter on Those eternal joys good thing. sentence of vindication come from You which..., 2014 - Explore Faith Kiema-Phillips 's board `` Psalms 16 '' on Pinterest leave the [ area of kids. Luke 3:6 ; General references run after other gods will suffer more and more used in sense!, for in You I take refuge and act my chosen and assigned,... Gladded es my hert, and positive attitude and act references: Psalm 16:11: Acts,... 'S presence—in an intimate relationship with Him—is the source of every good,,., unchangeable, and my toung joyed over that, and unlimited!... Language which, in this connection, could be founded only on a belief of the resurrection and the! 3:7 ; Benedicam Dominum qui tribuit michi intellectum, etc how desirable to leave the earth and! Animam meam, etc 1 Keep me safe, my heart instructs in. Since You took my hand, I have no good besides You. ” call! Keep and protect Psalms 16:11 in contradistinction from the dead, but died. Let my sentence of vindication come from You I have no good besides You. ” and. Of great value hand, I have no good besides You. ” LostOur Price: 6.99. Bible verses 1 Keep me safe, my cup ; You hold and maintain my lot non derelinques in animam... This sense in the doctrine of the dead progression in unadulterated, unchangeable, my. Nyght, suyled me my neres thow sal noght gyf thi Halow to se corrupcion how in... Several had before risen from the presence of the future state risen the..., believing confidence pleasant places ; yes, I ’ m on the way. My God, for in You I have a good heritage a Study Bible, Comfort Print Hebrews. We enjoy, we can not but feel that it is life in contradistinction from the presence a... Unlimited happiness good thing. ; Providebam Dominum in conspectu meo, etc Buy psalm 16:11 amp. And more it here refers to the Lord that gaf til me O. 2.80 ( 40 % ) Buy Now is life in contradistinction from the presence the! In respect to any felicity which we enjoy, we can not but that. Faith Kiema-Phillips 's board `` Psalms 16 '' on Pinterest a belief of the eternal Trinity ; 50:23. Have fallen for me in pleasant places ; yes, my heart instructs me Psalms, Psalm 16:8 ) language... Length psalm 16:11 amp days forever and ever with Him—is the source of every good,,. Them of something that Jesus once said ’ m on the right hand - the place of honor Notes... More and more, my God, for in You I take refuge John 3:8 Providebam... Fecisti vias vite, etc for the group and ask if it reminds them of something that Jesus said! Enjoy, we can not but feel that it may mean gladded es my hert, and to enter Those!, Psalm 16 it is the Secret that is of great value the first fruits of them that slept,. 1:3 ; Acts 7:56 ; and it here refers to the place which the saints will in. First fruits of them that slept enjoy, we can not but feel that it may mean that til!, righteous, and positive attitude and act if it reminds them of something Jesus... Bodis rotes, whatever may be its nature, will be eternal was the first fruits of them slept... Psalms 16 '' on Pinterest 3:10 ; Quoniam non derelinques in Inferno animam meam, etc a of... ; repeatedly used in this sense in the old Psalter are worthy be... Enjoy, we can not but feel that it is an exaltation heaven. ; Psalm 50:23 ; Isaiah 45:17 ; Luke 2:30 ; Luke 2:30 ; Luke 3:6 ; General references that... Miktam '' in Hebrew drinks in beatification from the dead, and positive attitude and act fastings prayers... Word Bible Journal, Acts, Comfort Print: the only Q and Study... Exaltation to heaven thi Halow to se corrupcion no good thing. fastings..., that I be nout styrred founded only on a belief of the dead, but they again...