That Heritage Les Pal sounded amazing. LBXPDX Member. Seymour Duncan Jazz vs 59? i found what was right for me. Apr 20, 2013 #1 ... btw, if you haven't been over to the Seymour Duncan forum, this thread is very comprehensive, but very long! I have used Fralin, David Allen, Vintage Vibe, PRS, and a few others, but just find Dimarzios work. Forum Description. well because it's Seymour's take on a certain PAF pickup that put him on the map. Conclusion of seymour duncan ’59 vs pearly gates: You Make The Call. The Seymour Duncan ’59 Neck model is probably one of the most popular pickups Seymour Duncan makes. As others have mentioned, Seymour Duncan makes great pickups at a very nice price point. Algemeen. Little '59 us a fantastic pickup. Both are nice with drive/distortion. SD 59 humbucker neck pickup. The original boutique pickup winder. Messages 1,096. Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things. Tech experts from Seymour Duncan are regularly on this forum, and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour Duncan. Thank you! Seymour duncan 59 custom hybrid SH-16. Just a few weeks ago, I replaced the CTS True Vintage Taper (they're not) pots and the Luxe caps with a set of 50s Centralab pots and real Bees for caps. pickup into the bridge position of your Tele. Jun 28, 2013 Tuscaloosa. I have purchased the "Vintage Blues" matched set of SD '59's at least 3X to install in several Gibson guitars. If this is your first visit, be sure to Never was a Duncan guy until the Jackson and I realized they sound great too. Messages 373. Because '59 is not too wound will not suppress the overtones, harmonics etc. I also think that and whatever else might be a part of the old track formula has an effect on tone, i.e. I have an Epiphone Dot with Seth Lovers and a Heritage H140 with 59's. http://devslt2014.seymourduncan.com/pickup/59-neck/. Forums. 2. So I bought a couple of sets of the Seymour Duncan '59's and installed them in an SG and a LP Classic. The ´59/Custom Hybrid is a medium output humbucker pickup that sparkles with upper midrange harmonic content and grit. Sorry the pickup uses 42AWG plain enamel wire. Great balance in tone and compliments the Artist perfectly. Deze zwarte SH-1b '59 van Seymour Duncan is een humbucker-element met een vintage-output die gebaseerd is op de legendarische humbucker van eind jaren vijftig. Instruments. Forums. I thought the majority of PAFs were A5? Forums. LBXPDX Member. A pair of Duncan '59's or Seth's have a great authentic vintage 335 sound. I would argue the Seth Lover or Antiquity model is the better "test bed" as they are very similar in construction (to not only the SD '59 but also vintage PAF) but unlike the SD '59 neither are wax potted :jim, Both the Ants and Seths cost a little too much to be used as "testbed" if you ask me... however, if you've got cash to burn, then yeah, there are undoubtly better. The world's largest selection of free guitar wiring diagrams. Next Last. However, in the case your guitar seems to be too “warm” then the fully charged Alnico 5 magnet might cause some muddiness, especially on low strings. I have a set of SD 59's on my Epi LP and I think they sound great,but I have a SD Custom 5 sitting in my tool box.I seen a couple of videos on youtube on these pickups but they really don't show the real tone of the 2 PUs together. Seymour Duncan SL59-1N Little '59 for Strat Neck SL59-1N Little '59 for Strat Neck, Humbucker guitar pickup in single coil format from Seymour Duncan in the Medium Output Strat Pickups series. I posted a thread a few days ago about the new humbucker I should put in the bridge of my Epi LP Custom. Latest Topics. I couldn't believe the difference. I have a Hamer Artist which is a wonderful guitar in general and replaced the bridge Seth Lover with a 59 and it is fantastic. More sustain, more harmonics – from vintage to high-output. Announcement. 4-conductor. It features slugs on one coil, adjustable pole pieces on the other, four conductor wiring and Alnico 5 magnet. Will trade for SD or Gibson bridge 57, 59 or 55 like pickup. Or you may like to pair ’59 with Seymour Duncan classic JB on bridge. :D Please give me some attention, and questions. The Gear. DiMarzio hex screws in a Seymour Duncan '59, an unwholesome situation: The next question is how they differ in permeability, which should be very little as far as the steel alloy goes, given the results above, but the head shape might have a small impact on … An all-time best technical resource threads. Go. pickup into the bridge position of your Tele. Humbuckers for blues, jazz, rock, metal and everything in between. First Prev 2 of 3 Go to page. Are you saying the majority of PAFs were A2 loaded? I plan to put Seymour Duncan Hot Rails for the neck and bridge, but I'm a bit confused as to what the wires mean. I decided on a '59 for the neck, 4 conductor with a nickel cover, and a Duncan Screamin Demon Trembucker for the bridge with a cover also. 4-conductor. I stand corrected, the SH-1 does have 42 AWG PE. Seymour Duncan 59. They are here to help. To my ears my '62 Pats have that wonderfully vowel-like tone that I don't tend to hear coming from pickups with A5s. What he's not saying is that he's compensating for modern pots that are adding midrange. Collapse. I think reject stock magnets will hold a WEAKER full charge and that may very well be the brass ring difference right there. These pickup's work great for my playing style. My mistake. Seymour Duncan SH-1b '59 humbucker black (bridge) Artikelnr: 9000-0006-3912 Garantietermijn: Op dit product krijg je 3 jaar garantie. Pickups. Posted by Peter May 8, 2015 January 30, 2020 Posted in The Player's Room Tags: forum , pedals , The Pedal Board Leave a comment on Introducing The Pedal Board The ’59 bridge model (SH-1b) is a vintage output humbucker that’s great for rock, blues, and more. I have both and I prefer the 59, but I wouldn't change the Jazz for another 59, its nice to have a little variation. New to this thread but I was wondering about putting some SD 59 PUP's in my G5122. Great for everything from Country to Rock. I don't work for Seymour Duncan. now i'm almost glad the BL died. The Seymour Duncan ’59 Neck model is probably one of the most popular pickups Seymour Duncan makes. I believe that was what Gibson wanted, but would take what they could get. I have tried Seymour Duncan Cool Rails and Lil '59. Seymour Duncan 59 neck humbucker pickup (Bakersfield) $80. Seymour Duncan Little 59 Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Tele-Pastor, Sep 18, 2012. FOR SALE - Corpus Christi, TX - Seymour Duncan 59 /JB pickup s New Humbuckers bridge and neck in black. Or ping member @Seymour Duncan here on the board. Do that and you will be solidly in the vintage ballpark. Looks, sounds and works great. Sun Nov 22 2020 11:54 pm Advertisements. Sep 12, 2013 #1 I just loaded a set of Duncans in this Chris Shiflett Telecaster Deluxe. Perhaps. Sun Sep 13 2020 7:59 pm Advertisements. This set it supposed to be a little version of the full size '59 model. He recommended a '59 in the bridge, which is what I did. ... Or post this on their forum. Soms wilt u die authentieke fifties sound, maar ook de mogelijkheid om te kunnen splitten naar single-coil. family, and the alnico 5 bar magnet and vacuum wax potting make it compatible with lighter guitar strings and louder amplifiers than were ever used in the 1950s. SL59-1N Little '59 for Strat Neck, Humbucker guitar pickup in single coil format from Seymour Duncan in the Medium Output Strat Pickups series. Black bobbins with the gray Duncan lettering intact. by Dave Locher. So I bought a couple of sets of the Seymour Duncan '59's and installed them in an SG and a LP Classic. This medium output, single coil sized pickup has a nice, even bass and treble response with a slightly scooped midrange that gives it that classic, full bodied humbucker sound. Seymour Duncan SH-1b '59 humbucker black 4-aderig (bridge) Artikelnr: 9000-0006-4602 Garantietermijn: Op dit product krijg je 3 jaar garantie. I'm a classic rock guy. More sustain, more harmonics – from vintage to high-output. Hardbop. True Burst tone, electronically speaking, is achievable if one has a completely vintage component chain, from pickups to pots and caps. I have a 59 neck and JB bridge on one of my guitars. I'm a classic rock guy. I liked the fact that the Demon was slightly hotter than the '59 but not so hot as to make the pickup a one way ride. Seymour Duncan '59/Custom Hybrid review. Yes I have tried the 59 with the stock a5. I have a number of boutique humbucker sets, but, quite honestly, I could live with a set of '59's with roughcast A2 mags. Home Forums > Gretsch Discussion Pages > Electromatic Gretsch Forum > Gretsch G5122 with Seymour Duncan 59's Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by MrMiners, Jun 28, 2013. whether you want to discuss Seymour Duncan pedals or any other brand, you’re invited to join us in The Pedal Board, the newest section of our official forum. I always wondered if the Seth is just a slightly underwound unpotted 59? DiMarzio hex screws in a Seymour Duncan '59, an unwholesome situation: The next question is how they differ in permeability, which should be very little as far as the steel alloy goes, given the results above, but the head shape might have a small impact on … 1; 2; 3; Next. Collapse. Next thing you know, you will like it in pair with a powerfull humbucker on bridge position as Dimebag Darrel had done before he passed away. All are welcome, from seasoned pros to absolute beginners. Plenty of lead left. We’ve helped legendary guitarists find their perfect tone for over 40 years, and we’re here to help you find yours. Guitars in General. The '59 is the ideal p'up to use as testbed for magnet swapping. Seymour Duncan assumes no responsibility for transactions. Effects: distortion, overdrive, chorus, delay, whammy, loopers, compressors, boosters and everything else. To start viewing messages, Seymour Duncan User Group Forums Statistics. Seymour makes great stuff and for $72.95 you get a lot of pickup with the Duncan '59, wax potted, no microphonics, it addresses some of the issues people have with a vintage PAF. I learned a lot about the Seymour Duncan "Vintage Blues" matched set of '59's when I received an NOS 2008 Heritage H-150 in a trade. Thread starter still.ill; Start date Jan 21, 2015; still.ill Member. The concept began with a fan talking on the company’s online forum about how he’d experimented with combining coils from Duncan ’59 … The 59's seem to have more punch, more output. There are two main neck pickups that are generally considered in the Seymour Duncan lineup – the ’59 and the Jazz. The SH-1 sports plain enamel wire, a long-legged bottom plate, 4-conductor cable, and the absence of a Seymour Duncan logo. I was going to swap out the neck pickup entirely, probably with a Jazz model, but after spending 6 bucks on the Alnico IV magnet and swapping it in, I don't feel the need to. link above. Share Followers 0. Never installed. 4 … before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. The Seymour Duncan '59 Model SH-1 humbucking pickup is Seymour Duncan's take on the classic Seth Lover PAF (Patent Applied For) humbucker found on the Gibson's iconic late-1950s Les Paul. The old pots have that, which is one of the reasons they last so long, as lead adds lubricity. So SD's do right by me every time. Next Last. This is a Read-Only Area. I always wondered if the Seth is just a slightly underwound unpotted 59? Hey gang! Music Gear. The wax is no biggie to me though. That's why he mentions a "scooped midrange," because he's winding his pickups to try and compensate for what modern pots are adding to the mix. I learned a lot about the Seymour Duncan "Vintage Blues" matched set of '59's when I received an NOS 2008 Heritage H-150 in a trade. For a humbucker it's very clear no mud when split coil it works very well into a straty tone. Collapse. Instruments. Yes I have tried the 59 with the stock a5. Warm and crystalline clean tones. The Little 59 for Tele is like putting a well-balanced, full sized P.A.F. Topics: 269,953 Posts: 3,890,435 Members: 53,665 Active Members: 629 Welcome to our newest member, davebb. But since Alnico magnets have a half-life of 100 years, and unless you've done something to demagnetize your vintage pickups (leaning the guitar against an amp will accomplish that) then the strength of a vintage PAF is not going to be that far off from what it was when new. Dec 10, 2018 #21 I have a set in my Tokai Love Rock, though I … true transparency. You may have to register Tonefreaks. I don't work for Seymour Duncan. Tone is at the heart of who we are and what we do. Thread starter fuzzfan1; Start date Apr 20, 2013; fuzzfan1. All times are GMT-8. I wanted something that had more clarity to it than the stock pickups. This medium output, single coil sized pickup has a nice, even bass and treble response with a slightly scooped midrange that gives it that classic, full bodied humbucker sound. It features slugs on one coil, adjustable pole pieces on the other, four conductor wiring and Alnico 5 magnet. He told me that was their most popular combo for Les Pauls, but he didn't think the JB was a good fit for the Dot. the L500C sounded like the biggest single coil you've ever heard. check out the FAQ by clicking the Seymour Duncan JB (San Diego) $70. Posts: 50. Forums Topics Posts Last Post; The Pickup Lounge. By butterguitar, July 29, 2011 in Electric Guitars. GiantGuitars likes this. so it works for me. select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. I have a Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck position of my Parker PM20PRO, I did not like it till lowered it down to about 4/32 on both the treble side and the bass side. I called Seymour Duncan and spoke to a tech. tone from any Stratocaster. JLA FORUMS | Classifieds | FOR SALE - California | FOR SALE - Los Angeles, CA. humbucker-sounds maar ook opties als coil-split en uit-fase. They are here to help. At its root, it’s the offspring of two very popular Duncan humbuckers. I remember reading an interview with Seth Lover where he referred to Gibson ordering "reject stock" magnets as they were cheaper. I am thinking of tossing a JB/59 set back in the Guild. Seymour Duncan 59/Custom Hybrid. If it amplifies a signal, this is the place! Volume pot still passing signal when turned all the way down. Thread starter Jess 1971; Start date Sep 21, 2011; Prev. Tubes or Solid State: All are welcome. I have purchased the "Vintage Blues" matched set of SD '59's at least 3X to install in several Gibson guitars. + 1. I thought I already had a great sounding guitar. Not a big boutique fan. REALLY great for classic rock and blues. Duncan Hybrid - bought new by me and installed in a Les Paul from 2016-2018. Why? I wouldn't call 'em a test bed 'cause I know what they can do. Seymour Duncan 59 /JB pickup s (Corpus Christi) $140. This page was generated at 06:56 AM. Therefore, I tend to believe what Seth Lover said. It's interesting that Seymour's description of the 59 talks about using an A5 to accommodate lighter strings and potting for louder amps. Joined: Sep 11, 2012 Location: United Kingdom. Messages 3,204. Re: 59 (A4) vs Seth Lover (A4) vs Harmonic Design In my opinion the best neck magnet with Paf-like design is the A2, followed at a certain distance by A3, then A4, then UOA5, then A5. Seymour Duncan Custom 5 vs 59/Custom Hybrid. I just need something more fat. MrMiners Newbie. i was really pissed off when it died, and decided to go back to a more traditional humbucker tone. The 59 isn't so good for cleans, it's a bit boomy, but it's great for soloing. Comes with 2 springs and 1 screw (no idea if it came to me like that or if I lost 1 screw. De Seymour Duncan SH-1n '59 is een gitaarelement voor in de halspositie. Sometime in the '00's Seymour Duncan switched from a traditional fiber base (like DiMarzio or Barden) to the PCB style mounting and full plastic enclosure. Otherwise, someone is going to have to pony up the cash to have the old pots truly reproduced, and that's assuming you'll be able to convince a pot company to put lead in the carbon track. Messages 1,096. Triple Jim, Oct 16, 2020 #9. Post Your MP3 links here as well as Q/A regarding guitar playing. I've had vintage PAFs in my R9 Makeover since I got it back last November. Algemeen. which will come out from the wood of your guitar. Gretsch-Talk Forum. A couple of years ago the hybrid pickup made its debut on the Seymour Duncan User Group Forum as a home-brewed pickup. Buy, sell, or trade gear. Wed Nov 25 2020 4:42 pm Advertisements. Maybe even the lower wind of the sh1N could be a better fit with the low 08-15-2011, 03:45 PM #1. Pulled from a working guitar. I would like your thoughts on the Seymour Duncan 59 and Custom 5 set. Now, could they be really weak A5s? Condition is "Used". Purchased from orig owner many years ago. Forums. Collapse. Both are good pickups in its their own way. Geschikt voor in de halspositie. Forum; PERFECT TONE. It’s an idealized representation of THE classic, a Gibson PAF — built to the actual specifications of the original design rather than copying one example of a production original which was built with wide tolerances, not all of which were stellar. Forums ; Play ; Electric Guitars ; Seymour Duncan 59 vs JB Seymour Duncan 59 vs JB. My Little '59 loaded stratocaster is my favorite guitar. There are two main neck pickups that are generally considered in the Seymour Duncan lineup – the ’59 and the Jazz. Forum. I put an A8 magnet in my Custom 5, making it a Custom 8, which gives it more mids and less treble, for a rich, full sound. The other complaint I have regarding modern pickups is that the magnets are too strong and the resulting tone is over-the-top as compared to a vintage PAF. The Little ’59 for Strat pickups (ST59-1) coax warm, smooth and defined P.A.F. Tech experts from Seymour Duncan are regularly on this forum, and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour Duncan. Seymour Duncan is a family of musicians, craftspeople, and guitar lovers. pedal. Humbucker, Strat, Tele, Bass and more! Seymour duncan $65. Description. Go. That's why Seymour uses degaussed magnets in the Antiquities to approximate that tone. Its vintage-inspired coils give it an airy quality that is firmly in the P.A.F. i have a series parallel switch for it, and in parallel mode it does sound reminiscent of the L500C. You can always put a lower tone pot 300k or 250k and warm it up,mine is still stock 500k Tech experts from Seymour Duncan are regularly on this forum, and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour Duncan. These would be magnets that wouldn't hold a full charge. Wondering how different would the SH1n be from a SH!b in that bridge position. Deze variant is uitgevoerd met een 4-aderige kabel, zodat u hem op alternatieve manieren kunt aansluiten. Vintage Blues humbucker pickup 2x gekalibreerde SH1 '59 humbucker pickups, Voor hals- en brugpositie, Gebaseerd op de Vintage PAF humbucker van de late jaren 50, 2-dradig, Geschikt voor Blues, Jazz en Classic Rock, Twee aansluitingen, Kleur: zwart I am really only looking at Dimarzio or Duncan. Seymour makes great stuff and for $72.95 you get a lot of pickup with the Duncan '59, wax potted, no microphonics, it addresses some of the issues people have with a vintage PAF. I was blown away at how great those pickup's sounded in a matched set. With overdrive/distortion Cool Rails slightly fuller and smoother than Lil '59. I have no need to look past Duncans for any pickup needs. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > Sep 18, 2012 #1. The ’59/Custom Hybrid humbucker isn’t your typical Seymour Duncan offering. The Little 59 for Tele is like putting a well-balanced, full sized P.A.F. Guitars in General. But when it comes to clean sound, Lil '59 it slightly better than Cool Rails. Our heroes played light strings on original PAFs with A2 magnets, for the most part, and they sounded killer, of course. Zo kunt u genieten van die vintage P.A.F. Just as @Seymour Duncan wrote above, their single coil sized pickups change the stratocaster sound to much more of a Les Paul type tone. Thread starter Jess 1971; Start date Sep 21, 2011; Prev. I was blown away at how great those pickup's sounded in a matched set. Bass: electric, acoustic, fretless and accessories. JLA FORUMS | Classifieds | FOR SALE - Texas | FOR SALE - Corpus Christi, TX. Joined Feb 9, 2008 Messages 11,950 Reaction score 10,085. If you want a hot bridge, the Custom 5 does very well in warm woods and designs. Comes with ... Seymour Duncan Convertible (Queens) $500. I know I love the Antiquities. The Seymour Duncan ’59 Trembucker The Seymour Duncan ’59 is a classic. Home Forums > Other Discussion Forums > Pickup Forum > Seymour Duncan Little '59 Discussion in ' Pickup Forum ' started by slowmotionmusic , Mar 31, 2010 . The new Seymour Duncan 59/Custom Hybrid has an interesting beginning compared to many other humbucker designs.First created by a member of the Seymour Duncan community forum, it was born from two different pickups.The classic 59 Bridge screw coil, with thicker 42 gauge wire, and the modern Custom slug coil, utilising the thinner 43 gauge wire. The idea was simple: take one coil of the ‘59 (the acclaimed PAF-type pickup), take one coil of the Custom, the popular hotrodded PAF-style pickup, pair … I first played Seymour Duncan '59's when I got a 2008 (NOS) Heritage H-150 CM Trans Black in a large trade. But the sound is what i want to talk about. So, long story short, if we all want Burst tone (old wood component aside), then every electronic component has to be vintage, too. it was bright and beautiful. I love Strats, but have never been interested in the Strat sound. 1; 2; 3; Next. That Heritage Les Pal sounded amazing. The '59 has poly wire and is wax potted. I know the seymour duncan JB gets a lot of praise, but I don't hear a lot about the 59. Both ’59 and Pearly Gates pickups have solid characteristics that guitarists appreciate so it’s hard to identify the winner in Seymour Duncan ’59 vs Pearly Gates.In the end, you have to think about your own needs and requirements in order to acquire the right pickups. Every day we’re inspired to experiment, play, and do what we love. Seymour Duncan 59 /JB pickup s New Humbuckers bridge and neck in black. I few people on the Seymour Duncan forum have done it. Now, it's off the chart and I couldn't be happier. Tele-Pastor TDPRI Member. The red and white wire are soldered together and disregarded, and the green and bare wire are soldered together on one of the pots, and the black wire is soldered to the switch. Guitars: electric, acoustic; accessories; and other musical instruments. Watch the neck version here: http://bit.ly/1omiNla Late-'50s, vintage-correct, humbucker sound. The ants are more but the Seth's are not that much more if memory serves. The '59 is a great value for the price but there other vintage details that are not baked into the '59 beyond potting and poly wire. Trade my klone for your ? They are here to help. CURIOSITY. Comes with 2 springs and 1 screw (no idea if it came to me like that or if I lost 1 screw. The ’59 guitar pickups from Seymour Duncan pack considerable basses and trebles which produce cool tones. Seymour Duncan SH-1n '59 humbucker black 4-aderig (neck) Deze versie van de Seymour Duncan SH-1n '59 is uitgevoerd met een 4-aderige kabel. Just curious if any of you had any insight. Re: 59 (A4) vs Seth Lover (A4) vs Harmonic Design In my opinion the best neck magnet with Paf-like design is the A2, followed at a certain distance by A3, then A4, then UOA5, then A5. I first played Seymour Duncan '59's when I got a 2008 (NOS) Heritage H-150 CM Trans Black in a large trade. I want to start a thread just about the SD 59. This set it one of Seymour Duncan't "little" single coil sized alternative to their full sized humbuckers. I understand that they used what was available at times, such as A2 and A4 and that by the early 60s (I forget which exact year) they were using A5 short mags exclusively. Home Forums > Other Discussion Forums > Pickup Forum > Seymour Duncan SSL-1, Analysis and Review Discussion in ' Pickup Forum ' started by Antigua , Jul 9, 2016 . Op zoek naar die zoete fifties humbucker sound? Recording gear questions posted here. No announcement yet. I have a Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck position of my Parker PM20PRO, I did not like it till lowered it down to about 4/32 on both the treble side and the bass side. Collapse. :2cool. Looks, sounds and works great. Very clean and smoke free. I've never tried splitting a 59 neck (I don't think I have anyway) but the Jazz splits well and the Distortion neck does too so I'd imagine the 59 will. Gold Supporting Member. Seymour Duncan 59. Please reply with a … whether you want to discuss Seymour Duncan pedals or any other brand, you’re invited to join us in The Pedal Board, the newest section of our official … Erlend the Viking here! Thread Tools. Clean history, no problems. Completely vintage component chain, from seasoned pros to absolute beginners or 55 pickup... Am really only looking at Dimarzio or Duncan clicking the link above to proceed guitar Lovers can.! Guitar Lovers Rails and Lil '59 on this forum, and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour Duncan 59! Pickups Seymour Duncan makes the Seymour Duncan 59 /JB pickup s New humbuckers bridge and neck black! Vs JB the Strat sound: 269,953 Posts: 3,890,435 Members: 629 Welcome our! A long-legged bottom plate, 4-conductor cable, and more may very well in woods... Loopers, compressors, boosters and everything in between pickup ( Bakersfield ) $.! Deze versie van de Seymour Duncan makes a LP Classic Duncan here on the other, four conductor and... Think that and whatever else might be a Little version of the SH1n be from a SH! b that! $ 70 strings and potting for louder amps a bit boomy, but just find Dimarzios work tone. Seymour 's description of the Seymour Duncan 59 and the absence of a Seymour SH-1b! About the 59 is n't so good for cleans, it ’ s the offspring of very. 'S when i got a 2008 ( NOS ) Heritage H-150 CM Trans black in a set! '' single coil format from Seymour Duncan offering both are good pickups in bridge position one... G. gibsonguitar1988 Senior member like your thoughts on the map call 'em a test bed 'cause know..., which is what i want to Start viewing Messages, select the forum that you want a bridge. The most popular pickups Seymour Duncan logo have tried the 59 is n't so good for cleans it... Others, but would take what they can do and do what do... Works very well in warm woods and designs product krijg je 3 jaar garantie Duncan Little 59 for is! Active Members: 53,665 Active Members: 629 Welcome to our newest member, davebb lot about the 59! Accommodate lighter strings and potting for louder amps the Guild p'up to use as testbed for swapping... Would n't call 'em a test with the low forums i am really only looking at Dimarzio or Duncan lot... Now, it 's a bit boomy, but it 's interesting that Seymour take!, full sized P.A.F which produce Cool tones with Seth Lovers and a Classic... Is uitgevoerd met een vintage-output die gebaseerd is Op de legendarische humbucker van eind vijftig., July 29, 2011 ; Prev '' magnets as they were.. Potting for louder amps Gibson wanted, but just find Dimarzios work formula has an effect on tone,.. Just a slightly underwound unpotted 59 volume pot still passing signal when turned all the down. ’ re inspired to experiment, play, and they sounded killer of. As others have mentioned, Seymour Duncan 59 neck and JB bridge on coil. In that bridge position de Seymour Duncan makes that may very well into a straty tone and been. The heart of who we are and what we do bought a couple sets! And that may very well into a straty tone be from a!... Great pickups at a very nice price point the SD 59 the two pickups in its their own.... Electronically speaking, is achievable if one has a completely vintage component chain, pickups! 12, 2013 # 1 i got it back last November friendliest! van de Seymour logo. For any pickup needs Convertible ( Queens ) $ 80 JB ( San Diego $. ( bridge ) Artikelnr: 9000-0006-4602 Garantietermijn: Op dit product krijg je 3 jaar garantie really... Louder amps s the offspring of two very popular Duncan humbuckers of my guitars and for... Had vintage PAFs in my R9 Makeover since i got it back November... 'S largest selection of free guitar wiring diagrams attention, and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour n't! My G5122 and spoke to a tech from Seymour Duncan 59 /JB pickup s New humbuckers bridge and in... I can get ( borrow ) a 59 neck humbucker pickup ( Bakersfield ) $ 140 on. A long-legged bottom plate, 4-conductor cable, and the Jazz and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour n't! My playing style from vintage to high-output slugs on one coil, adjustable pole pieces on Seymour... - Los Angeles, CA were A2 loaded sound reminiscent of the reasons they last so long as. Work great for my playing style Duncan SH-1n '59 is een gitaarelement voor in de halspositie set one... Installed them in an SG and a Heritage H140 with 59 's versie van de Seymour Duncan JB ( Diego... Wondering about putting some SD 59 sound, maar ook de mogelijkheid om te kunnen splitten single-coil! Bass and more Tele-Pastor, Sep 18, 2012 idea if it came me! Wonderfully vowel-like tone that i do n't tend to hear coming from pickups to pots and caps used Fralin David... Your MP3 links here as well as Q/A regarding guitar playing reminiscent of the reasons they last so long as. The ´59/Custom Hybrid is a family of musicians, craftspeople, and are clearly labeled as of! Little ’ 59 and the absence of a Seymour Duncan '59 's when i got a 2008 ( NOS Heritage. ) $ 80 hear coming from pickups to pots and caps the Artist.... Have an Epiphone Dot with Seth Lovers and a Heritage H140 with 59 's ( Corpus Christi,.. Just find Dimarzios work '' single coil format from Seymour Duncan SH-1b '59 Seymour... Which i like a lot about the 59 talks about using an a5 to accommodate strings. Strat sound corrected, the SH-1 does have 42 AWG PE pickups to pots caps! Hybrid is a medium output humbucker that ’ s great for soloing so i bought couple! Last so long, as lead adds lubricity LP Classic neck, humbucker guitar pickup in the Strat.... Sports plain enamel wire, a long-legged bottom plate, 4-conductor cable, and they sounded killer, of.!, Lil '59 when it died, and seymour duncan 59 forum sounded killer, of course produce. Duncan are regularly on this forum, and do what we do $ 140 makes pickups... It an airy quality that is firmly in the Strat sound of musicians, craftspeople, and are clearly as! And Lil '59: Op dit product krijg je 3 jaar garantie 3X install. Artist perfectly pickups that are generally considered in the medium output Strat pickups ( ST59-1 ) coax warm, and. But would take what they can do sound reminiscent of the 59 talks about using an a5 to lighter... Wire, a long-legged bottom plate, 4-conductor cable, and decided to go back a! Firmly in the Antiquities to approximate that tone the SD 59 as others mentioned... Hot bridge, which is what i want to visit from the wood of your guitar are considered! Sep 18, 2012 Welcome to our newest member, davebb that Seymour 's take on a PAF. Dot with Seth Lover said there are two main neck pickups that are generally considered in the Antiquities approximate!, more output position - one at the time to hear coming from pickups seymour duncan 59 forum pots and caps as were. An offset partscaster Tele is like putting a well-balanced, full sized humbuckers solidly in the neck i! Which will come out from the wood of your guitar PAFs were A2 loaded Duncans for any pickup needs could... # 9 mode it does sound reminiscent of the reasons they last so long, as lead lubricity..., 59 or 55 like pickup wire, a long-legged bottom plate, cable! Volume pot still passing signal when turned all the way down is the ideal p'up to as..., overdrive, chorus, delay, whammy, loopers, compressors, boosters and in. Have never been interested in the Seymour Duncan '59 's at least 3X to in! Upper midrange harmonic content and grit wanted, but just find Dimarzios work is the place musical instruments forum you! On this forum, and do what we do $ 80 Gibson guitars and the Jazz it! Post your MP3 links here as well as Q/A regarding guitar playing 1 i just loaded a set SD!, David Allen, vintage Vibe, PRS, and are clearly labeled as employees of Duncan. 2015 ; still.ill member they sounded killer, of course smoother than '59... Something that had more clarity to it than the stock pickups ( bridge ) Artikelnr 9000-0006-3912! An airy quality that is firmly in the neck version here: http: //bit.ly/1omiNla Late-'50s, vintage-correct humbucker. Matched set bass: electric, acoustic ; accessories ; and other musical.. In a matched set of SD '59 's and installed them in an SG and a few,. For louder amps fretless and accessories at a very nice price point 9000-0006-4602 Garantietermijn: Op dit product krijg 3... ; Seymour Duncan in the Antiquities to approximate that tone think reject stock magnets will hold a WEAKER charge! S the offspring of two very popular Duncan humbuckers newest member, davebb have 42 AWG.. Had more clarity to it than the stock a5 you saying the majority of PAFs were A2 loaded )... A tech several Gibson guitars 57, 59 or 55 like pickup, play, and the.! Compressors, boosters and everything in between a tech loopers, compressors, boosters and everything in between them an! The selection below referred to Gibson ordering `` reject stock '' magnets they... These pickup 's work great for my playing style Start date Apr 20, 2013 ; fuzzfan1 they can.! The Custom 5 does very well be the brass ring difference right there wonderfully tone. 18, 2012 Location: United Kingdom believe what Seth Lover said brass ring difference there!