The JB is much more versatile if you lean towards 80's music and metal. link above. seymour duncan custom com duncan distortion ou hot rodded set da seymour duncan quais a diferenca entre o seymour Alnico II ProTM e seymour JB Me ajudem, Seymour Duncan JB Jr. e Seymour Duncan Litlle 59 There are two main neck pickups that are generally considered in the Seymour Duncan lineup – the ’59 and the Jazz. This is the reason you’ll find it on so many albums from so many genres from over the past 30-odd years. I purchased a used Epiphone 58 reissue Flying V that a previous owner upgraded with Seymour Duncan sh-4(JB) and the Sh-2N (Jazz neck) pickups. Playing next. It features an AlNico 5 magnet and adjustable pole pieces. I like how consistent Duncans are and the fact they are easily accessible in a TON of music stores. I got the 59-JB setup, and I’m trying to mod the pots for 250k. If you have tried the JB with 500K potentiometers and not been completely happy, definitely give either the two stage potentiometer mod a go, or switch to a 250K pot. You may have to register This twin coil design pickup gives you the character of Seymour Duncan's popular JB™ model humbucker in a single-coil size. The first thing that is incredibly noticeable is the lack of mud. I never got to hear it with the stock 500k pots because my guitar repair guys neglected to let me check it out before the swap. OK, the pickup bustbucker i mention , is the version that comes with the light les paul the traditional model. Try out the Duncan JB too. $249.00. Seymour Duncan. Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro. Anúncio pausado. With the ability to provide searing heavy tones from the JB and smooth clear tones from the 59, you will end up with one incredibly versatile axe. I loaded the JB/59 combo into my custom Ibanez style guitar (with an alder body, maple neck/rosewood fretboard and double locking bridge) to see what all the fuss was about. $249.00. Real cabs in use are Marshall 1960B , Mojotone British , and Peavey 6505 cabs loaded with Celestion Classic Series Vintage 30 s and Classic Series G12M Greenback s. The Seymour Duncan ’59 Neck model is probably one of the most popular pickups Seymour Duncan makes. O SH4 oferece o som exato que muitos guitarristas desejam, especialmente a partir da posição da ponte ou em combinação com um captador de braço um pouco mais restrito: alto rendimento com muitos tons, melodioso e perfeito na faixa de freqüência média - esse captador é justificativa para o popularidade de Seymour Duncan. Seymour Duncan. Not too good for heavier genres, sounded like poo in my jackson dinky pro. If you opt for a four-conductor version for coil splitting, the ’59’s single coil mode is crystal clear. Sold out Seymour Duncan SLD-1B Lipstick Danolectro Bridge Pickup. I’d run 500k pots, a treble bleed circuit for each pot and a .022uf Sprague Orange Drop Capacitors for the tone. The '59 is a great pickup but doesn't drive the amp and will need extra gain compared to the JB. With a a resistance of 16.4K,  an EQ scale of 5 (bass) – 6 (mids) – 8 (treble), and an Alnico 5 magnet, it’s hot but not too hot. …and you have one incredibly versatile guitar. This page was generated at 07:18 AM. I was immediately impressed with the sound of the JB through my amp’s dirty channel. For reference, this Seymour Duncan Little 59 Strat pickup set evaluation was conducted with a Fractal Axe-Fx II XL+ featuring Celestion Impluse Responses and Fractal MFC-101 MIDI Foot Controller. Hit the strings hard and the 59 will give you a little attitude, without being too over the top. this will be more 59 like, and still do the jake stuff as good as a JB would with some eq tweaking. The Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB is one of Seymour Duncan’s most popular pickups. It’s easy to see why when you look at its specifications. The lows are present without getting flabby, and the mids and highs are searing without getting too shrill. Although created nearly 40 years ago, the JB humbucker still stands today. select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Or you may like to pair ’59 with Seymour Duncan classic JB on bridge. Anybody got any experience/opinions with these pickups in this or any other combonations of guitar body/neck/fingerboard woods? One thing that i have notice with the JB in my jvm 401H, is that the pickup has a lot of gain, i have to lower the gain a lot in the amp, even compared with emg's.