Reviewed in the United States on January 8, 2016, Nice sounding pickup - strong bass, good clean mids & highs. For four years I use the SH2N on a semi-hollow Ibanez shape and size similar to a Lespaul (see notice AXD82P). $99.00 $ 99. The reason why I replaced my stock ones was that sometimes I hated the thin song of the 498T, so I decide to install the set of seymour duncan. Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2019. still working with it, but has amazing raw sound. A popular combination is The Jazz Model in the neck with either a JB (SH-4) or Duncan Custom (SH-5) in the bridge. The JB coil does something similar for the Distortion, the Invader, the Metal Fatigue and the Stag Mag. Really great paired with a .0033uf (yes, .0033uf or 33PF) capacitor on the tone vs. the usual .047 on most guitars, Reviewed in the United States on June 25, 2020. Most of my neck pickups sound bassy but not this one. Reviewed in the United States on July 21, 2019. Reviewed in the United States on December 29, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on November 16, 2016. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on January 5, 2019. I was at guitar center and picked up a ESP/LTD EC 1000 Koa that had this pickup in theneck. Eligible for Free Shipping. I think I would rather have the SD 59 pickup. I just last night installed these into my own ESP LTD EC401fm. I was less than impressed with the JB in this particular guitar, but the Jazz was a different story. I have EMG's in all my other guitars. For cleaner, more articulate tones, the SH-2 Jazz Model is a perfect fit. I was always reluctant to replace my stock 490R/498T Gibson Standard Pickups. Playing complex chord voicings on a clean tone were a breeze, as the clarity that this pickup has allowed each note to ring through clearly. Sometime in late 2014, I ordered, waited for and purchased a bassist’s holy grail if you will – A Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass V in Natural. Originally designed as the matching neck pickup for the Seymour Duncan JB Model bridge pickup, the Jazz is an incredibly versatile humbucker that will work for almost any style of music. Seymour W. Duncan suggests this tip on Q&A section of Duncan website; “This is a trick I’ve seen Jeff Beck do on a guitar I built for him during the 70’s. Surprised how trebly it sounded. This page works best with JavaScript. The Jazz features four conductor wiring like most every pickup made in the last 20 years and it comes with an alnico 5 magnet the same as the 59. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Seymour Duncan SH-2n Jazz Electric Guitar Neck Pickup Zebra, See all details for Seymour Duncan SH-2n Jazz Electric Guitar Neck Pickup Zebra, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. With the Jazz's dialed back lows and increased highs you get the same basic sound as the 59 but with more clarity. The Jazz fixes that by added some more treble to the voicing of the pickup. The Jazz Model is an incredibly versatile humbucker that will work for almost any style of music. Reviewed in the United States on July 27, 2019. I often would channel switch on my amplifier to a very fat sounding clean tone and the Jazz was great for comping and single note lead lines. Dynamics and feel are good and the coil tap makes it into a great sounding single coil. Description Specs Rated 5/5 Reviews Seymour Duncan Pickups - It's all about tone! I thought I could manipulate the tone enough with caps and series switching to get the tone I wanted but it wasn't quite right so I ordered a set of Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders, model number SJB-3. When he gives a split characters trs strata which makes his formidable funk rhythm. J'apprcie normment the versatility he brings the characters and post it notes and gives it all its particulirement clear. With less low end the high strings in the clean tones will really ring out and do not get overpowered by the bass end strings. The Marshall is used for clean tones, Cornford for blues, Orange for rock and Peavey 5150 for metal. Seymour Duncan says this pickup is bright, but don't worry, it's still very warm. I like it's warmth and smoothness, but I don't like its lack of attack for rock music. Lovely on the neck. I purchased a 2009 Jackson King V Select (USA made) that had this pickup combo. Reviewed in the United States on July 11, 2019. But nothing in his level. The JB is essentially a highly over wound PAF, while the neck is essentially a PAF-like neck pickup. Good neck pickup,very balanced,medium output,good highs and lows.. Over these years, the company has become a credible name that offers stunning quality and high value for your money. (This content has been automatically translated from French). It is pretty much the alternative to the 59 in the neck position. It really had a nice clear sound that was neither muddy nor thin. It supports TRS for a good overdrive rle lead but its limit is in rhythmic crunch o it tends drooling ... not that I ESG gure. Has anybody tried anything along these lines? It pretty much is them and Dimarzio ruling and making most of the pickups most people use. Often a Jazz neck is paired with an SH-4 JB (Seymour s favorite combination) or SH-5 Duncan Custom in the bridge position for diverse tones. Our Vintage Jazz Bass pickups stay true to the originals by capturing that warm tone with just the right amount of midrange. This is the perfect tool to use Blues, Funk, Soul, Jazz, Rock ... and more. There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. SH-2N Jazz Model Neck, Humbucker guitar pickup from Seymour Duncan in the Vintage Output Humbuckers series. On a guitar Ibanez Prestige S2075W modern mahogany-rosewood fingerboard with zero-Floyd. Available in both neck and bridge models. There are 15 customer reviews (15) Seymour Duncan Antiquity P-90 Soapbar Pickup - Cream Set ... Seymour Duncan Antiquity II Jazz Bass Pickup Set . The Seymour Duncan SH-2N Jazz Model Pickup is suitable for musicians who need an accurate, clear tone for fast jazz runs. Cookies help us improve performance, enhance user experience and deliver our services. I get a smooth, velvety perfect for a blues rhythm finally everything I love. Antiquity I & II. 9.6 I first played Seymour Duncan '59's when I got a 2008 (NOS) Heritage H-150 CM Trans Black in a large trade. I wonder why the Jazz bridge isn't put in the neck more often now that we mention it. Reviewed in the United States on July 5, 2017. ? I use the microphone for close to one year (it was already mounted on the guitar, Cf: opinion on the Schecter C1). I think I have found my go to guitar with these bad boys .. When placed in the neck position of a guitar, you're treated to classic humbucker tones that reach far beyond the "Jazz" moniker, including country, blues, funk, and heavy rock. The STKP1 is a neck … From ESP to Jackson you can find models that use the Seymour Duncan JB usually paired up with its buddy the Jazz in the neck. A popular combination is The Jazz Model in the neck with either a JB (SH-4) or Duncan Custom (SH-5) in the bridge. I've seen a lot of people just say the 59 is hotter generally. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. I'm really happy with! Seymour Duncan review / Pickups / Unbiased reviews of guitar equipment, CD and DVD music at Ultimate-Guitar.Com DCR – Short for DC Resistance, is measured in Ohms and is the total resistance of the copper wire wound around a coil form. Re: 59 vs jazz for metal The Jazz neck is actually hotter than the 59 neck, but the 59 bridge is hotter than the Jazz bridge. It is pretty much the alternative to the 59 in the neck position. The DC resistance of the neck pickup is consistent with Seymour Duncan's published specs for the Jazz neck at 7.5k, but my Jazz bridge is 200 ohms lighter than the published specs, at 8.2k. I have purchased the "Vintage Blues" matched set of SD '59's at least 3X to install in several Gibson guitars. Hello, I have a Fender Telecaster and I was considering replacing the single coil on the bridge for a SD Jazz neck so that it won't be too bright. 2 people found this helpful It matches up well with just about any bridge pickup but the Jazz and the JB are just about as popular a set as the 59 and the JB. An Alnico 5 bar magnet and a special coil wind give the Jazz Model neck a glassy treble response and full, tight bass, while scooped mids help each note to sing clearly even under extreme high gain – or even more extreme speed. This also means the clean tones are very good. When playing fast leads in the neck position the Jazz will have a clearer sound than the 59. I finally did and I do not regret at all. ... Seymour Duncan Antiquity Texas Hot Strat Pickup - Neck . There's a problem loading this menu right now. The Pearly Gates may just be the most versatile pickup on this list. Fresh mountain this morning on my Ibanez SZ32O MH (all mahogany). It matches up well with just about any bridge pickup but the Jazz and the JB are just about as popular a set as the 59 and the JB. Reviewed in the United States on July 28, 2020. 1-16 of 149 results for "seymour duncan jazz neck" Skip to main search results Amazon Prime. Skyscraper designed to be versatile. Single-coil Strat Neck Pickup with Aged Look and Tone. The Jazz is another hugely popular neck pickup in the Seymour Duncan brand. The 59 is more voiced towards slower bluesy leads while the Jazz is better for fast shredding or even jazz. These pickups are a faithful recreation of the Jazz Bass single coils of the early 60s. I can't tell you how awesome they sound. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The length of the coil form, the number of turns and the gauge of wire all affect the DCR reading. Write a user review. The Jazz is similar to the 59 but with more bite on the high end. Seymour Duncan is one of the big 2 pickup makers in the guitar industry. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. This pickup is ideal for people with darker sounding guitars that want a smooth neck pickup but not so smooth it gets a muddy sound. Excellent for classic rock rhythm playing. These new demos compare five versatile neck pickup options in rock, blues, metal and clean demonstrations. Very nice, easy to install, sounds great, looks awesome. Super tone when split, too! Gets great singing blues tones, clean jazz sounds, and defined saturated leads. The brighter sound has slightly less output and is a good match with most pickups. The brighter sound has slightly less output and is a good match with most pickups. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. If you are looking for a nice clear neck pickup for your dark guitar this matches well with most anything. Very versatile neck pickup. The Jazz Model neck is a bright, vintage-output humbucker which stays clear even under extreme distortion. I have to take it on faith that this Jazz set is otherwise the same as the production floor Jazz … Very nice violin, excellent mechanics and a round of the prestigious (love). Far from what I would consider a subtle boost, the Invader pickup set completely transformed the tone of my guitar. In January 2018 I bought a new Fender Jazz Bass MIM to get away from the Rickenbacker 4003 sound in our 50's -2000's cover band. The spectral balance is good trs. Pearly Gates Set. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. This PAF-style … After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. It is pretty much the alternative to the 59 in the neck position. Gear I Used for the Seymour Duncan Invader Review • PRS CE 24 (2005) • Elixir Strings • Line 6 DL4 Delay • Pigtronix Echolution 2 Ultra Pro • Line 6 Spider IV Modeling Amp • Vox AC15C1 Amp The Tonal Impact of the Invader Pickups. Because of this these pickups work best in guitars with darker woods. The Jazz is another hugely popular neck pickup in the Seymour Duncan brand. DCR is often used as a gauge of output because as the turns increase, so does the output, though magnet type and the coil geometry also influence output. It was nicknamed The Tele-Gib and he used in on songs like “Cause we’ve ended as lovers” and he was seen playing it on the “Secrets Policeman’s Ball” video. 1 people did not find this review helpful. I just install it on my SG spcial and I must say I am surprised at the quality trs. guitars: For balanced and warm instruments. Sounds great in my Olson Ollandoc hollow body. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It is reviewed as Seymour Duncan's favorite neck pickup I believe, but I don't love it. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. The Duncan company is pretty well known at this point for sharing coils across different models. The Seymour Duncan Jazz, along with its sister pickup the JB, makes up one half of what is possibly the most widely used pickup set from Seymour Duncan. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Seymour Duncan SJB-3n Quarter Pound Pickup for Jazz Bass Neck Position at Amazon.com. A dynamic neck humbucker from Seymour Duncan. It matches up well with just about any bridge pickup but the Jazz and the JB are just about as popular a set as the 59 and the JB. Good solid pickup, even sounds good coil split to the inside coil. The Seymour Duncan is known well for handcrafted electric pickups, and it has been manufacturing these since 1976. Description. 07/02/2011. The Jazz is another hugely popular neck pickup in the Seymour Duncan brand. The nice thing about this pickup is that it is able to go from very clean jazzy tones to very high gain applications for rock/metal/shred and not lose any clarity or definition. Seymour Duncan SH-2N Jazz Model Neck: Le Jack 's user review 5 Used it in a guitar I built along with the Seymour Duncan JB for the bridge, and got a nice range of tones. The neck model is full sounding, and brings in a nice, rich bottom end without being boomy. They kind of fill in different segments of the guitar industry with Dimarzio having a more modern and contemporary heavier area and Seymour Duncan filling in the more classic and vintage area. Free Shipping by Amazon. 00. Paired with a Custom 5 SH-14. I was blown away at how great those pickup's sounded in a matched set. Het Set combo, 85/81, 81/81 and 81/60. The 59 is so vintage and smooth on some guitars it can get pretty muddy. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Well made. The 59 is so super smooth it can get muddy in the low end. I was amazed by the sound and the clarity both clean and dirty. Also rolling down the tone gives you a pleasant jazz tone. As does the Jazz with relation to the Alnico 2 Pro. Yes SH-4 works as expected and the good surprise was the SH-2 on the neck as could improve my neck sound that I already liked a lot and was concerned of. The JB bridge / Jazz neck combo has been marketed by Seymour Duncan as a good pairing, ever since they set was introduced in the very early 80's. The Antiquity Jazz pickups are built to replicate the earliest Jazz pickups in sound as well as looks. REVIEW: Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound for Jazz Bass. As an EMG user, I had a chance to see what these Seymour Duncans were all about. The Seymour Duncan Jazz is probably the second most popular neck pickup in the Duncan lineup. After trying a BC Rich Bich with SH2 and SH4, I'm tempted on my Gibson Flying V was equipped with Classic 57 in neck and formerly of. The Duncan Custom coil is the basis for the Custom Custom, The Custom 5 and the Full Shred. It does have a nice high midtone definition that makes it sound great distorted and clean. So HSH configuration, it makes SH4-SSL4-SH2neck. The Seymour Duncan SH-2N Jazz Model Pickup is suitable for musicians who need an accurate, clear tone for fast jazz runs. ... Goodreads Book reviews & recommendations: IMDb Movies, TV & Celebrities: IMDbPro Get Info Entertainment Professionals Need: I paired this up with the Seymour Duncan SH-14 Custom 5 in the bridge. These pickups can make just about any guitar sing. This pickup is more eq'd on the high end for clarity. Users' score: 9.2 (13 votes) The Seymour Duncan Jazz SH-2 neck humbucker is more than just a jazz pickup, it can cover a wide variety of styles for being a moderate output level pickup. It features slugs on one coil, adjustable screw heads on another, four conductor wiring and an Alnico 5 magnet. It was VERY tough not to buy it, so instead I just ordered the pickups. Having slightly less low end than the 59 means the Jazz is less boomy and will have more clarity when it comes to playing. Put it this way: if you happen to have an early ‘60s Jazz bass in the attic, you might have a hard time hearing and seeing the difference between your stock Fender pickup and our Antiquity neck and bridge models.