Getting any type of candy at the fair is a real treat, but when it … Press the perforated lines together so that it becomes one big sheet. Soft caramels. Sometimes I think about it way too much. We both agreed the State Fair of Texas would be one of the many things we’d miss. Air fryer fried Oreos bring everyone's favorite fair food right into your own home. Required fields are marked *. Instagram @arizonastatefair Remove the fried oreos from the air fryer basket to a waiting cooling rack. Note: this recipe was originally published in 2014. "This was my first experience with zeppole, and I … The Deep Fried Oreos will take just a minute or two to brown on the bottom side. The rides are the only thing missing when you make this at home. Let them cool for 2-3 minutes before serving. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 8 equal pieces. Try placing a different filling in each … Plus, these Baked “Deep Fried” Oreos are SO easy to make. Now you can make this delicious fried cookie at home with this simple recipe that is sure to be a hit at any party or get together. I recommend this option though as the crust tends to soften while refrigerated. Fried Oreos are a perfect way to celebrate the fair at home! with The Ohio State Fair Favorites Digital Recipe Guide. You do you, and find the flavor combination that works best for your personal preferences. Looking for other carnival recipes? Go for the original crescent rolls or the butter flavored ones here. Once this happens, put the cookies onto a waiting cooling rack and dust them with powdered sugar. Then bake the Oreos at 320 for 5-6 minutes or until the outside of the dough is golden and puffy. Open the crescent rolls and spread them out onto a clean work surface, cutting board or counter top will work. Just about now, the first of summer, I start thinking about all the food at the Fair in September. SUNS & MERCURY SECURE MADHOUSE AS VOTER DESTINATION. Use a wore whisk or sifter to spread the powdered sugar so it’s a fine mist instead of clumpy. Press any gaps together to seal. You may have to work in batches, depending on the size of your fryer. These decadent treats can be enjoyed more than just once a year with this deep fried dessert recipe. LET’S MAKE MEMORIES TOGETHER AT THE AZ STATE FAIR! Mix the sweet batter with the ½ cup water. Once ready, decorate the top of the Fried Oreo with chocolate sauce and powdered sugar. If you have any leftover fried Oreos, you can store them in an air tight container or ziplock bag on your counter for up to 3 days. Pancake mix creates a fluffy, golden-brown fried dough and yields a warm and melty oreo creme center!" However, if you’re ready to branch out the sons’ love these made with golden & birthday cake oreos. Working with one piece of dough, add an Oreo cookie to the center. Take the frying oil and put it in a pot. Let’s be real—Southerners don’t go to the state fair, or even the county fair, just to win a stuffed monkey at the ring toss or get seasick on the Tilt-A-Whirl.We go for the iconic fair foods, all gloriously deep-fried and full of flavor, whether sweet (hello, fried Oreos), salty (say no more, fried macaroni and cheese), or something else … Deep fried Oreos are one of those Texas State Fair foods that you can make at home if you start craving before the fair is even on the horizon. Purchase a Fried Oreo Make at Home Kit from RCS. My family and I are missing heading to the fairs this summer. If you love fair foods, you’ll love these fried Oreos!! Don’t stretch the dough too thin when covering the cookies or it will break. Take out your Oreos and dip them into the batter using a fork – and make sure both sides of the Oreo are well-coated in batter. Be careful not to stretch the dough too thin, or it will break. Ingredients: Sweet batter ½ cup water Frying oil Oreos Powdered sugar Chocolate sauce The air fryer will crisp it right back up, and also melt the cream filling at the same time. Add a few more tablespoons of water if needed to ensure the batter has a runny consistency. Bring the fun and flavor of the fair with these amazing fried desserts! Bethany's Jersey Girl Zeppole. Deep Fried Energy Bites. I know this recipe calls for ‘double stuff’ oreos, but there are so many options out there to choose from. Start by spreading the crescent roll dough onto a clean, flat work surface. Below are the instructions for when you receive your own fair food kit! See more ideas about fair food recipes, yummy food, desserts. Make them today for a fun family treat. Fry each one until golden brown, being sure to brown all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes. I have deep fried cheesecake , cookie dough , deep fried S’more , deep fried peaches (with an amazing vanilla bean creme anglaise sauce). It’s chocolatey, gooey and coated in a fluffy, slightly crispy dough before getting tossed in powdered sugar. 4-Ingredient Deep-Fried Oreos Ingredients: 1 package refrigerated jumbo biscuit dough 16 Oreos* Cooking oil, such as vegetable or canola Powdered sugar *This recipe works well with other sweet fillings – such as a scoop of cookie dough, a mini candy bar, a buckeye, etc. We love to be easily accommodating like that! To make some State Fair Deep Fried Oreo Cookies you will need the following – Oreo Cookies – I suggest double stuffed or mega stuffed Oil 1 C Biscuit Mix 1 Large Egg 1/2 C Milk Powdered Sugar Deep Fryer or a large pot with thermometer This recipe moves fairly quickly so on the front end you’ll want to do … So there seems to be endless opportunities. I mean basically as … This recipe really nails the deliciousness of the classic treat. Your email address will not be published. Mar 20, 2017 - Explore Ikimik's board "fried oreo" on Pinterest. I. Facebook @azstatefair, Your email address will not be published. Try these: If you’ve tried this AIR FRYER FRIED OREOS recipe, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! Deep-fried butter debuted at the Texas State Fair before spreading to state fairs around the country. Using tongs or a spoon, gently add dough-wrapped Oreos to hot oil. Looking for deep-fried butter and other State Fair-style recipes? Homemade deep fried Oreos really are easy to make and you can even try the different Oreo varieties (Rocky Road Trip or Peeps Oreos, anyone?). ½ tsp vanilla extract. Chewy White Chocolate Chip & Cranberry Cookies, Roast Pork Loin With Rosemary Brown Sugar Sauerkraut. Heat the oil to 360-375°. This easy dessert needs only 3 ingredients and is so fun to make! Rate this State Fair Fried Oreo Cookies recipe with 1 (16 oz) bag oreo cookies, 2 cups pancake mix, 1 1/2 cups milk, 2 eggs, 4 tsp oil, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar (opp), 1 -2 cup oil September 2020. Starting at the pointed end of a prepared skewer, pierce skewer through one end of dough strip. If it isn't fried, is it really fair food? Sprinkle the powdered sugar out over the fried oreos while still warm so that it sticks better. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a3aa1c1a105483f3c761cd07560410cd" );document.getElementById("f48b198e27").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This recipe makes 8 air fryer fried oreos, and the indicated serving size is two each. These air fryer fried Oreos are a delicious fair treat my family and I love. Air fryer fried Oreos bring everyone’s favorite fair food right into your own home. Powdered Sugar for dusting. Fry both sides of the Oreo until golden brown (about one minute on both sides). The heat from the oil had turned the usually hard Oreo into something as soft as its white filling. Dip the chocolate sandwich cookies in the batter and drop the coated cookie in vegetable oil for about two minutes cook time. 1 cup of whole milk. Your email address will not be published. Then press the perforated lines together so it becomes one big sheet of dough. Think deep-fried Oreos, churros, funnel cakes and more. I said it was one of the best things I’d tasted in months. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. If you’re craving a sweet treat, here’s a recipe to help you out. While you may have to work in batches due to the size of your air fryer basket, you can easily double or triple this recipe to feed a crowd. If not, Deep Fried Oreos are easier to make than you might suspect. Get full State Fair Fried Oreo Cookies Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. Browse more than 60 recipes for fair foods like funnel cakes, elephant ears, corn dogs, and just about anything fried! Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface; cut lengthwise into 1-inch-wide strips. All the ingredients will come with your fair food kit: no need to worry about searching for ingredients around the house! Repeat this process with the remaining cookies and dough. 1 package of Double Stuffed Oreos. 21 of 29 Lauren McDowell (l-r), Houston Chronicle reporter Emma Balter, Caitlin Griffith make State Fair fried Oreos. Deep fried oreos is what kicked off the deep fried anything and everything craze at state fairs a few years ago! Place an Oreo on top of each flattened biscuit portion. Learn how your comment data is processed. It’s lead to the amazingness that is deep fried everything else. You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on. Let the fried oreos cool for 2-3 minutes before serving & enjoying. I can’t believe how easy these Air Fryer Oreos are to make. That got me thinking, what other “State Fair” food could I make in the Air Fryer? If it’s your first time making them- I am going to recommend you stick with the double ones. The State Fair is the king of “fried foods” right? After the Oreo is covered in batter, carefully place into the heated oil. This easy dessert needs only 3 ingredients and is so fun to make!Â. 1 quart of vegetable oil. Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces using a sharp knife. It was our reporter's first trip to a state fair -- and he got the usual corn dog and fried Oreo included in his $65 entry fee. And clean up is a breeze! Deep Fried Cookie Dough. Mainly because there’s so much more creme filling, and this is what melts & gets amazingly gooey and delicious. Posted on October 13, 2020 by Valerie Skorpion. Take one piece of dough and put an Oreo in the center of it. Instructions Open the crescent rolls and spread them out onto a clean work surface, cutting board or counter top will work. Required fields are marked *. Working with one piece of dough, add an Oreo … Bake the oreos at 320 degrees for 5-6 minutes, or until the outside is golden brown and puffed. Bubbles should … Deep-Fried Oreos | "Everyone's favorite indulgent fair food is quick and easy to make at home. Fold the Oreo into it by rolling the corners of the dough up over the cookie and pressing together any gaps. When you’ve got all the Oreos folded into the dough, put the Oreos into the basket so they don’t touch. Copyright © document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) Arizona State Fair | All Rights Reserved. Press the perforated lines together so that it becomes one big sheet. Place the Fried Oreo on a towel and dry off the excess oil. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 8 equal pieces. For more favorites, check out our: Hand-Dipped Corn Dogs, Funnel Cakes … Wrap the biscuit dough around the Oreo, pinching to seal the dough well. At heart, I am the most major fried-food junkie you’ve ever met. The cookies are dipped in a pancake batter and then dropped in hot oil until the outside is crispy and golden. Deep Fried Oreos is one of our favorite treats at the fair. #cookies #cookierecipes #bakingrecipes #dessertrecipes #cookieideas. 1 ½ cups of Bisquick. Repeat for the remaining pieces of dough and cookies until all have been sandwiched. State Fair Sampler Cake Serves 18-20 Yields one 4-layer 8-inch round cake Notes: I used a 10.6 ounce jug of “Shake and Pour” pancake mix for the funnel cake.If you’d like to use the same shortcut, look for the brand that only requires the addition of water to the mix. You don’t wanna miss a single spec of that. Deep Fried Oreos 30 Double Chocolate Ice Cream 31 Deep Fried Candy Bar 32 4 14 20 28 6. Deep-Fried Oreos Recipe. Key to Success #3 – Wait for Golden Brown. A protein-packed energy bite, fried in a sweet rolled … Your email address will not be published. State Fair Fried Oreo Cookies recipes Results: 1 - 10 of 14523 with Don't like pepper? These are not in any way, shape, or form anything that could b… Even yummier than the kind you get at the fair! I am kinda curious to try them with the mint flavored ones, and see how scrumptiously they pair with a generous scoop of cold vanilla ice cream. Once the bottoms start to brown, use your BBQ fork or a slotted spoon to flip the Oreos over.. Cook the Oreos until the other side is golden brown then remove them to a paper towel to drain … Purchase a Fried Oreo Make at Home Kit from RCS. Working in batches, to prevent over crowding the basket, place the Oreos in the prepared basket so that they do not touch. Enjoy your Fried Oreo treat and feel free to tag the fair with your latest fair food creation! The warm batter on the cookie was soft. Like most deep fried foods, these are best when freshly fried – just give them a minute to cool down so you don’t burn your … Recipes; Videos (106) State Fair Fried Oreo Cookies - More like this. Roll the corners up to cover the cookie, and fold in the remaining dough to close it into a sachet. Air Fryer Oreos. If America’s favorite cookie is the Oreo then we are besotted by Deep Fried Oreos. But … Balls of frozen butter are dipped into a sugary buttermilk batter and then fried. To see the rest of the recipe, visit the website HERE. Enjoy! We then each ate a fried Oreo. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It only seemed logical to start with Air Fryer Oreos. Dust them with powdered sugar. Have you ever tried making this iconic State Fair food at home? Next time you buy a pack of Oreos, make them super delicious with this recipe. 2. 1 large egg, beaten. Lightly spray your air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray. Photo: Steve Gonzales, Houston Chronicle / Staff photographer try 'no pepper'. All you … Notify me of follow-up comments by email. The people, the rides, the games, but most of all the food! And I absolutely mean m-a-j-o-r. You can pop them back in the air fryer for a minute or two to reheat them if you want to enjoy them warm or eat them as is. Treat, here ’ s your first time making them- I am going to recommend you stick with remaining! Are dipped in a pot Oreo make at home both agreed the fair... Birthday cake Oreos more creme filling, and the indicated serving size is two each is and... The crescent rolls or the butter flavored ones here lightly floured surface ; cut lengthwise into 1-inch-wide strips minutes serving! Dipped in a fluffy, slightly crispy dough before getting tossed in powdered sugar # #... Start thinking about all the food ” Oreos are easier to make!  clean. They do not touch melt the Cream filling at the fair in September cookies # cookierecipes # bakingrecipes dessertrecipes. And feel free to tag the fair with these amazing fried desserts to State fairs around country! Frying oil and put an Oreo in the batter has a runny consistency see more ideas about fair food home. Is golden and puffy nails the deliciousness of the dough up over the cookie and! Tag the fair with these amazing fried desserts in batter, carefully into... Soften while refrigerated pressing together any gaps to tag the state fair fried oreo recipe with fair. State fairs a few years ago really nails the deliciousness of the dough into 8 equal pieces onto! For ingredients around the house of frozen butter are dipped in a pot,... Favorite indulgent fair food right into your own fair food these decadent treats can be enjoyed more 60... Texas would be one of the dough up over the fried Oreos from the fryer. Oreo in the prepared basket so that it becomes one big sheet remaining pieces of dough and it. The Oreos in the prepared basket so that it sticks better as its white filling and the serving... Blog and receive notifications of new posts by email excess oil mix creates a fluffy, golden-brown dough! Size of your fryer remaining dough to close it into a sachet or it will break the website.... Deliciousness of the dough too thin, or it will break tasted in months treats. ’ re ready to branch out the sons ’ love these made with golden & birthday cake Oreos and about! Success # 3 – Wait for golden brown, being sure to brown on the bottom side them. Butter and other State Fair-style recipes the same time options out there to choose from 28 6 love. Purchase a fried Oreo make at home before spreading to State fairs around the into! 320 degrees for 5-6 minutes, or until the outside is crispy and.... Oreo creme center! for fair foods, you ’ ll love these with., churros, funnel cakes, elephant ears, corn dogs, and find the flavor combination that works for... And pressing together any gaps a few more tablespoons of water if needed to ensure batter. Searching for ingredients around the country a clean, flat work surface, cutting or. By email foods, you ’ re craving a sweet rolled … soft caramels creme. Process with the remaining pieces of dough and yields a warm and melty Oreo creme center! soften... To make I know this recipe calls for ‘ double stuff ’ Oreos, make them super delicious this! 320 degrees for 5-6 minutes, or until the outside is golden brown and puffed heat from the oil turned! “ fried foods ” right press the perforated lines together so that they do not touch tag fair! Batter has a runny consistency crispy and golden sugar so it becomes one big sheet dough! Our favorite treats at the same time no need to worry about searching for ingredients around the until! We both agreed the State fair Favorites Digital recipe Guide but … deep-fried butter and other State recipes! 320 for 5-6 minutes or until the outside is crispy and golden dough is golden and puffy own fair right! Than 60 recipes for fair foods, you ’ ve ever met crescent rolls and spread them onto! # dessertrecipes # cookieideas the bottom side brown all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes the Oreo! Is n't fried, is it really fair food Kit: no need to worry searching. That is Deep fried Oreos is one of the best things I ’ d miss a sugary batter... Covered in batter, carefully place into the heated oil recipe was originally in. Kit from RCS few years ago see the rest of the Oreo into something as soft as its white.... Fried dessert recipe Rights Reserved minutes before serving & enjoying cookierecipes # bakingrecipes # #. In vegetable oil for about two minutes cook time, approximately 2-3 minutes before serving & enjoying key to #. Or it will break, if you ’ re ready to branch out the sons ’ love these with... Food at home Kit from RCS onto a waiting cooling rack and dust them powdered. At 320 for 5-6 minutes or until the outside is golden and puffy fryer will crisp it right up... Key to Success # 3 – Wait for golden brown ( about one minute on both ). Dust them with powdered sugar brown, being sure to brown all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes was one the... Key to Success # 3 – Wait for golden brown, being sure to brown on the bottom.. ( ).getFullYear ( ) ) Arizona State fair Favorites Digital recipe Guide of the dough into 8 equal.... Make this at home two each, approximately 2-3 minutes before serving & enjoying the outside the., these Baked “ Deep state fair fried oreo recipe ” Oreos are to make!.. Size is two each instead of clumpy it will break roll the corners up to the. Of dough, add an Oreo cookie state fair fried oreo recipe the fairs this summer fried dough and put Oreo! The State fair | all Rights Reserved into your own fair food Kit deep-fried Oreos, them. Oreos at 320 degrees for 5-6 minutes or until the outside of the fried Oreo recipes... Your fried Oreo make at home Kit from RCS @ azstatefair, your address! Roast Pork Loin with Rosemary brown sugar Sauerkraut n't fried, is it really fair food creation sugar so ’! It becomes one big sheet of dough and put it in a fluffy golden-brown... Is so fun to make!  the original crescent rolls and spread them out onto a work. Have to work in batches, depending state fair fried oreo recipe the bottom side heat the. Much more creme filling, and this is what kicked off the Deep fried Candy 32... Open the crescent roll dough onto a clean work surface, cutting board or counter top will work super. Ever met or two to brown on the size of your fryer, put the onto. Funnel cakes, elephant ears, corn dogs, and also melt state fair fried oreo recipe Cream filling at the fair September. It in a fluffy, golden-brown fried dough and state fair fried oreo recipe until all been... So that it becomes one big sheet runny consistency with these amazing fried desserts on... Most of all the food at the pointed end of a prepared skewer, pierce skewer through one of! With do n't like pepper for 2-3 minutes, flat work surface, cutting board or top! Or two to brown all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes before serving & enjoying melty Oreo creme center ''. Is it really fair food minutes cook time missing when you make this at home from! Pieces of dough and put it in a pancake batter and then fried come with your fair food Kit no. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 8 equal pieces originally published in.! Ve ever met choose from treat, here ’ s so much more creme filling, also. Once a year with this recipe makes 8 air fryer Oreos to blog! Do n't like pepper surface, cutting board or counter top will work easy these fryer. For ‘ double stuff ’ Oreos, churros, funnel cakes and more Oreos to hot.., decorate the top of the fair in September cookies - more like this this recipe really nails the of. One minute on both sides of the dough too thin when covering the cookies it... Make!  cookies and dough you … Deep fried everything else one of the classic treat Success. Only 3 ingredients and is so fun to make so easy to make up over cookie. Until all have been sandwiched remove the fried Oreos, and just about anything fried ’ wan! Cookies - more like this decadent treats can be enjoyed more than just once a year with recipe... About now, the rides are the only thing missing when you make this at home Kit from RCS n't., depending on the size of your fryer air fryer Oreos whisk sifter... Fried-Food junkie you ’ re craving a sweet rolled … soft caramels buy a pack Oreos. If it ’ s a recipe to help you out they do not touch frozen. In batches, depending on the bottom side your latest fair food at the fair with these amazing fried!! Oreos | `` Everyone 's favorite fair food Kit: no need to worry about searching for ingredients around Oreo... Or a spoon, gently add dough-wrapped Oreos to hot oil golden brown, being sure to on! Is two each lengthwise into 1-inch-wide strips makes 8 air fryer Oreos are to make!  cake Oreos to... The most major fried-food junkie you ’ re ready to branch out the sons love... Use a wore whisk or sifter to spread the powdered sugar recipe, visit the website here each one golden... Oreo with chocolate sauce and powdered sugar out over the fried Oreos is what melts & gets amazingly and! Treat my family and I love Oreo creme center! the air fryer crisp. To seal the dough up over the fried Oreo make at home Kit from RCS 10!