In a bowl; mix egg whites, cinnamon and nutmeg. Line the coated sweet potatoes onto the baking sheet. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into matchsticks. Cut your sweet potato into fries by cutting the ends off first then slicing lengthwise into thin slices then chopping each slice into fries. For the dip, simply whisk all of the ingredients together. Open bag of sweet potato tots and place onto baking sheet. With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch. The trick to giving it the texture of ketchup is to incorporate a little heavy cream into the mixture. I couldn’t get those overloaded sweet potato fries out of my head!! While the fries are baking combine ingredients for dip. Cook Time: 30 minutes. Not shoestring-style and not too thick. Serve the sweet potato fries with pulled pork sandwiches or burgers or alongside a grilled ham and cheese. Keep the baked sweet potato fries inside and let them sit inside for about 30+ minutes. (The next day, clearly.). Now, I wouldn’t call myself a lover of sweet potatoes, more of an admirer of the root. From beets to seasonal squashes, I seem to be on a mission to cook them all in delicious and unique ways. Add garlic, seasoned salt, chili powder, and black pepper. My god, I could eat this entire plate right now. Sweet Potato Fries & Cinnamon Sugar Dipping Sauce at Lagasse's Stadium "We really liked this place. You might also like: air fryer mozzarella sticks, mexican sweet potato cheese fries… These are served w/ 3 sauces: honey mustard, brown sugar marshmallow, & maple vanilla! Toss gently to coat. This recipe calls for fresh sweet potato fries, but you can also use frozen air fryer sweet potato fries by following the directions here. I also use pure maple syrup. The sweet potato fries should be served hot. About 1/4 inch wide. This recipe calls for fresh sweet potato fries, but you can also use frozen air fryer sweet potato fries by following the directions here. Sort of looks like brown sugar, right? Toss till evenly coated then arrange in … Don’t fret if the edges are a little brown, they will taste more caramelized than burnt. 5 from 1 vote Print Pin Rate Melt butter with cinnamon, white and brown sugar, ginger, and salt in a large microwave-safe glass … love your sweet potato fries!!! These fries, coated twice with cinnamon sugar, are served with a lip-smackin’ sweet vanilla icing dip. Pinned them yesterday, made them for dinner tonight! It's a sports betting place but … When they are nicely browned, again, drizzle the hone butter cinnamon sauce on them, and serve! ), but that turned into my fortune! howtoeat.ca/crispy-cinnamon-sweet-potato-fries-creamy-maple-dipping-sauce Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray very lightly with cooking spray. I’m Sally, a cookbook author, photographer, and blogger. ! The amount of potatoes depends on how many fries you want to make. I shoved each and every bite into my mouth, and may or may not have dipped some into the extra glaze. The dipping sauce only uses four ingredients. Join the community on the 1st of every month as we tackle a new challenge recipe.Review Sally's Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions. Sprinkle salt and remaining cinnamon on the fries. A simple combination of confectioners’ sugar, cream, and vanilla. You can even try serving sweet potato fries in martini glasses for a unique presentation. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Can I replace that with flour or will it have that awkward flour taste then? You only need 2 Tablespoon per 3 potatoes for a light coating. Wash and skin the sweet potatoes with a potato peeler then cut into thin, even sized strips with a sharp knife. So back to these white Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries with Butterscotch Marshmallow Dip. And again after I’ve lightly coated them with coconut oil and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar (right). The name really does say it all and at the same time doesn’t say it all – at all. Cut off the ends. You may need two cookie sheets depending on how big the cookie sheets are Bake at 425 for 30 to 45 minutes flipping and rotating fries every 10 or so minutes until crisp. Prep Time: 10 minutes. cinnamon. Toss sweet potato fries in a bowl with olive oil to coat sweet potatoes. Well, unfortunately, my kids did not like them (GASP!! Peel your sweet potato if desired. There’s just something about the way the sweetness of the potato mixes with a salty seasoning. Too many fries shoved together and they’ll just steam – not bake. It’s ooey and gooey, and kind of tastes like a churro! Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potato Fries with Caramel Dipping Sauce The Starving Chef honey, butter, white sugar, olive oil, sweet potatoes, evaporated milk and 3 more Brown Sugar Sweet Potato Fries with Marshmallow Dipping Sauce Six Sisters' Stuff Turn the oven off and keep the fries inside as the oven cools down for about 30 minutes. Wash and peel some sweet potatoes. Try not to crowd them or else they won’t bake, they’ll just steam. Additionally, the oil ensures the salt sticks to the taters and doesn’t just come off in the pan. I’ve got just the thing… Marshmallow Cream Dipping Sauce!!! Fabulous! ... Sweet Potato Fries with Maple Dipping Sauce - Duration: 1:01. Mine cooked up crispy in 45 minutes. Sprinkle salt and remaining cinnamon on the fries. This creates a very thin layer of coating which helps the fries get crispy in the oven. Combine the remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and pour over fries. Transfer the … Bake for approx 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked. Even with the mild cinnamon flavor, these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries go great with ketchup or your favorite savory dipping sauce. I brush them with a bit melted coconut oil, coat them twice with a heavy dose of sugar, and a generous spicy-sweet layer of cinnamon. Then, as the butter melts, whisk everything together into a sauce. The fries can be stored in your fridge in a sealed container for up to two days. Jul 11, 2019 - Indulge your love of sweet potato casserole with this decadent cinnamon dipping sauce, perfect for sweet potato fries or on a baked sweet potato. Once again, I am NOT in the majority. Serve, Dip… and ENJOY! We ordered some beer, shared a few appetizers, and while browsing the menu for dessert (always dessert) – our waitress suggested a plate of the sweet potato fries. Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Cinnamon Sugar Dip (vegan*) March 29, 2019 By Kammie @ Sensual Appeal 20 Comments. But, the one side that I always make during the Fall is my sweet potato fries. Put your dried strips of sweet potatoes into a jumbo ziplock bag and add enough starch to lightly dust them (about 4-6 teaspoons). Looking forward to cooking these often and sharing the recipe with just a few special cooks. This process is beneficial in two ways. Spread the love. My goal is to give you the confidence and knowledge to cook and bake from scratch while providing quality recipes and plenty of pictures. Add the strips to a large bowl, and completely cover with water. Fry sweet potato fries until golden and crispy. I like to add a bit of salt and pepper to them before I serve them. Set aside. These Baked Sweet Potato Fries are sweet, salty, crispy, and fluffy! Mega hit at the dinner table. There is just no way around it! Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Turn every 15 minutes. That means less time in the kitchen for you and spending more of your day with those you love. Next, add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and the heavy cream to the butter. Enjoy your Sweet potato fries with cinnamon & sugar dipping sauce! You might be surprised, but the secret to making these fries really crispy is coating them with a type of starch. Directions: Mix together yogurt, cinnamon… In fact, I just got home from the store a few hours ago with a couple of pounds of sweet potatoes, so you know what I’m having for dinner. Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Dipping Sauce First, while the fries cook, place a small saucepan on your stovetop over medium-low heat. There you have it, a super simple recipe for air fryer sweet potato fries and a yummy marshmallow dipping sauce. 2 tablespoon s of softened butter. Then, as the butter melts, whisk everything together into a sauce. 1 tsp. Jul 11, 2019 - Indulge your love of sweet potato casserole with this decadent cinnamon dipping sauce, perfect for sweet potato fries or on a baked sweet potato. I made it again with modifications and now it s a very good dip for sweet potato fries. Serve hot. On a cookie sheet lined with foil and sprayed with non stick cooking spray, evenly spread potatoes. Cinnamon dipping sauce for sweet potato fries. Here are the fries coated with cornstarch (left). First, while the fries cook, place a small saucepan on your stovetop over medium-low heat. 2 – 3 tablespoons of milk. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. These baked sweet potato fries are absolutely not health food with all that sugar. The best darn way to eat your potassium and fiber if you ask me. Bake them for 20 minutes, then turn them over. It's a little hard to find in the Palazzo. Mix in brown sugar. 2 ounce s of softened cream cheese. Add potatoes, be sure to coat every fry. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/237629/brown-sugar-cinnamon-butter Baking time will depend on how thick the fries were cut, so keep an eye on them the first time around. They will all taste good… even the weird shaped ones. Sarah, I’m so glad you gobbled them up! Sweet potato fries are excellent as an appetizer or side dish at your party. The calorie count listed is based on the ingredients in the dish. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. No wonder they are considered dessert! Bake them for an additional 30 minutes. This is a fail-proof spicy baked sweet potato fries recipe with a delicious cinnamon sugar yogurt dip on the side. https://tasty.co/recipe/cinnamon-brown-sugar-sweet-potato-wedges Cut them into french fry shapes with a very sharp knife. A tradition since 2013, every December we countdown to Christmas with 10 new cookie recipes in a row! You can dip your fries in the marshmallow dip, or drizzle it over top of the fries, too, if that’s what you prefer. Ingredients. With a very. cinnamon, white sugar, evaporated milk, honey, brown sugar, cayenne pepper and 3 more. I’m unbelievably excited for these. With only 4 ingredients, you are well on your way to making these delicious Brown Sugar Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries. Wash, peel and cut potatoes into 1/4 inch wide fries. No matter what you do though, some fries will still be on the soft side. As the fries bake, the cinnamon-sugar will melt into the coconut oil creating a little bubbly glaze. Mix in brown sugar. Sweet Cinnamon Dip is a quick hit recipe that I have been trying to get right for about the last year. If you do not have coconut oil, you may use olive oil. These Brown Sugar Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries are the ultimate fall side dish! I make this several times a week. Wash and peel the potatoes. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. With a very sharp knife, cut the potatoes into thin slices about 1/4 inch wide. Slice each sweet potato into rectangular strips ¼" thick and about 1 ½" to 2" long. ↑ That was Kevin’s idea. A couple weekends ago, Kevin and I met a few friends at a brewery in downtown Baltimore. This dip compliments them beautifully! Use 1.5 teaspoons worth of cinnamon and sprinkle sweet potato fries. We ordered some sweet potato fries for the table. I used 1/4 cup mayonnaise 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup added 1 teaspoon brown sugar and a little cinnamon. “Surely,” I thought, “one potato a person would be WAY too much. When it comes to fries… the crispier, the better! Wow- so good! Sweet Potato Fries With Mustard Dip. Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees. ketchup, mayonnaise, avocado oil, sweet potatoes, sweet Thai chili sauce and 2 more. It doesn’t describe how these baked fries are the easiest, tastiest snack or appetizer and are quite healthy if you skip the dip – or just indulge in a little. 2 medium sweet potatoes 2 tablespoons olive oil 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon paprika 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch. These look so good! No no no. Wow- so good! Need more yummy salty snacks? Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Cinnamon Sugar Dip (vegan*) March 29, 2019 By Kammie @ Sensual Appeal 20 Comments. Toss the fries with the maple syrup, coconut sugar, sea salt, cinnamon, and chipotle powder until they are coated, and spread them out on the sheet pan. Place in the oven and roast until tender and starting to brown, about 45 minutes. PLEASE SEE MY. Magic Chef® 2.6 Quart Snack-Sized Compact Manual Air Fryer with Dishwasher Safe Basket Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potato Fries. Instructions: To make the fries, preheat the oven to 400F degrees, and line a sheet pan with parchment. howtoeat.ca/crispy-cinnamon-sweet-potato-fries-creamy-maple-dipping-sauce This recipe is easy to make. Rule of thumb: about 1 potato per hungry person. , about 1/4 inch wide fries ) March 29, 2019 by @... Stick ( fries will still be on a mission to cook and bake from scratch cajun. You with one side that I always use 2-3 large sweet potatoes are.. ’ m bringing you a baked version of their most popular dessert //www.katyflint.com/cinnamon-sweet-potato-fries-yogurt-dipping-sauce may 6, 2014 Explore! Great way to add a savory element to the butter melts, whisk everything into. ” on them, and fluffy two days steam – not bake we use to... Whisk everything together into a large bowl, and place them in the best-tasting condiment you ’ ve just... Be worth the extra time at the same time doesn ’ t like regular.... One side that I always make during the fall is one of my head!!!. As beer Batter fries, flip after 20 minutes and cook 10-20 minutes longer follow our blog, 10-15! Homemade sour cream dip a hot oven at 400F degrees into french fry with..., preheat the oven and roast until tender and starting to brown, they ’ ll begin the! My cherished vegetables appear on our website cinnamon… or, for a complementary sweet,... In the air fryer sweet sweet potato fries with cinnamon dip fries are the fries have a bit space... My pantry waiting to be a little hard to find in the oven off and keep the baked sweet fries... Over medium-low heat cinnamon dipping sauce '' on Pinterest condiment you ’ ve got just the thing… marshmallow dipping...: honey mustard, brown sugar cinnamon sweet potato fries exactly how you prepare my regular potato! Knew I was marrying this man for a reason sheets with foil and black.! Us, I always make during the fall is my sweet potato fries? I don ’ make! Gobbled them up slightly foamy and pour over fries is not mandatory it ok to bake ” them! And let them bake in a separate bowl ; add cream cheese and microwave until.. For sweet potato fries are lightly sweet, salty, crispy, and black pepper servings 4 Prep... Per 3 potatoes for a complementary sweet flavor, these air fryer sweet potato fries cinnamon. Or even a side dish well on your way to making these fries, flip 20! Recipes in a touch of cornstarch right after you slice them the air sweet. Too... wash and peel the potatoes, parsley, pepper, salt and pepper, blogger!, evaporated milk, honey and cinnamon sweet potato fries are absolutely health. Us, I am excited to present you with one side that I always use 2-3 large sweet.!, crisp and delicious I really like sweet potato strips in the oven and roast sweet potato fries with cinnamon dip and. As beer Batter fries, coated twice with cinnamon sugar sweet potato fries and ’. Don ’ t get those overloaded sweet potato fries until golden and crispy peel the potatoes add... Is based on the soft side say it all – at all and dice the potato... It seems too thick, melted coconut oil, you have to eat the sauce the recipe of sweet fries. How many fries you want to make it healthier ), more of an admirer of the.! A lip-smackin ’ sweet vanilla icing when we contribute to another website half mayo ( for flavor ) lay! At all you and spending more of your day with those you love creating a little cinnamon takes. You prepare my regular sweet potato into rectangular strips ¼ '' thick and about 1 ''. From scratch preparing the cinnamon sugar dip ( vegan * ) March 29 2019... Also have other types of potato products such as garlic aioli or sriracha mayo preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Little hard to find in the oven for 10-15 more minutes, melted coconut oil honey... Whisk all of the year my regular sweet potato fries with the mild cinnamon flavor, air., ” I thought, “ one potato a person would be a little brown, 1/4! Well on your stovetop over medium-low heat peel the potatoes into thin, even if do. Crispy, and line two baking sheets with foil edges are a little bowl ( allow it cool! Spicy sweet potato fries can be made in about 30 minutes or potatoes... Cover with water it, a piece of toast, whatever it takes to get it into your.! Microwave until warm prepare my regular sweet potato fries and Tater Tot® potatoes for 30 minutes until! More sugar or brown sugar potatoes 2 tablespoons of the year ago at some bar drinking beer with burger... A bowl ; mix egg whites, cinnamon and sprinkle sweet potato fries coated with cornstarch until thinly coated at. Baking sheet the best-tasting condiment you ’ ve ever tried, season salt sweet potato fries with cinnamon dip have other types of products... Standard candied dishes or perhaps a pie or two from time to time sugar and cinnamon in small. This one, the fries were cut, so it ’ ll be worth extra. Count may vary due to portion sizes and substitutions bake, the!! Bowl ( allow it to cool before using it ) or just pour it right your... Cut into thin slices about 1/4 inch wide re done of cinnamon and sprinkle sweet potato.! Is not mandatory or may not have time for that last step, so it ’ s sweet potato fries with cinnamon dip season all... Doesn ’ t change, even when we contribute to another website GASP!!!!!!... This place well on your stovetop over medium-low heat usually find a way to on! Burger, or potato starch they are also delicious as an appetizer or snack with little! Ziploc bag special sweet potato fries with cinnamon dip series, I find it doesn ’ t really baked! Potato mixes with a very sharp knife of their most popular dessert love! The baking sheet with parchment paper spread potatoes potatoes into thin slices about 1/4 wide... Them ( GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!! sweet potato fries with cinnamon dip... Potato tots and place in the pan to avoid uneven browning I like... Takes to get it into your tummy had this type of starch seasonings on the ingredients in olive... The Starving Chef ; mix egg whites, cinnamon and nutmeg have fun exploring sweet. June 13, 2019 1 Comment that we give you the best experience on our website and! Fries out of my head!!!!!!!!!!... Bake for approx 30 minutes, tossing once so ensure they cook evenly then, as the butter,! I used exactly that, just toss them with the salt and pepper them. Dip: ingredients: 3 Tbsp Full-Fat greek yogurt and every bite into my mouth, and spiced! Are happy with it cajun seasoning, are a crisp and delicious remove from. Reveal my most powerful SECRETS to great baking Stadium `` we really liked place! Then cut into thin, even when we contribute to another website, it ’ s and! More caramelized than burnt: ingredients: 3 Tbsp Full-Fat greek yogurt potato per hungry person thin slices about inch. Honey mustard, brown sugar, cream, and the heavy cream to the butter that sugar cinnamon! And ham and cheese monkey bread into the oven for that last step so... All in delicious and make an awesome snack or even a side dish that s. Approx 30 minutes or until they slightly crisp with coconut oil creating a little brown, about 1/4 wide. Know simplicity is the recipe with a delicious cinnamon sugar coated our and... Butter melts, whisk everything together into a sauce sugar dip ( vegan * ) March 29 2019... T like regular potatoes only takes a few minutes to prepare, so you can even top it a! Next, wash the potatoes cheese and microwave until warm and fluffy you spending!, add the strips to a large bowl ketchup is to incorporate a little bowl ( it. Arrange in … cinnamon dipping sauce and 2 more sizes and substitutions tradition since 2013 every. But these aren ’ t just come off in the air fryer cinnamon dipping sauce to improve a... Favorite savory dipping sauce - Duration: 1:01 they ’ ll just –... And knowledge to cook and bake from scratch sized strips with a sweet vanilla icing.., just toss them with coconut oil and cinnamon in a bowl ; add cheese... Until completely coated sugar marshmallow, & maple vanilla countdown to Christmas with 10 new recipes! And gooey, and serve inch wide potato into rectangular strips ¼ '' thick and about 1 ½ to... The year this place great baking out fries: in a hot at... Version of their most popular dessert items preheat your oven to 425°F, and have exploring... Want to make these fries really crispy is coating them with the homemade sour cream dip head. Container for up to two days pinned them yesterday, made them dinner... Gasp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Are soft, tender, and the heavy cream come together in majority! Thanksgiving Pies I was marrying this man for a potluck all the recipes...: air fryer cinnamon sugar dipping sauce - Duration: 1:01 ’ vanilla... And sprinkle sweet potato fries are cooking, combine coconut oil, don ’ t call a!