But not just any waffle. Cook time will depend on your waffle iron but should take 5-10 minutes but may take longer with certain waffle irons. Blend until well combined. Not only are these vegan sweet potato muffins super yummy but they also pack a … So the best kind of waffle batter to me is one that can be made ahead of time. 2 Ingredient Flourless Sweet Potato Waffles (Paleo, Vegan, Whole 30, CEP/AIP+ Reintroductions) Prep Time - Cook Time - Total Time. Pour … Directions: 1. To make these eggless waffles is really simple. My favorite method, because it’s the least involved, is to prick it with a fork, wrap it in tin foil and pop it in the oven. Cancel continue. Don't put too much batter too close to the edge or it will overflow as it cooks. They are a great way to add a punch of delicious nutrition into your regular waffles, while also bringing warming seasonal flavors into the mix! https://www.mydarlingvegan.com/11-vegan-sweet-potato-recipes These waffles have the crisp crust and fluffy interior like traditional waffles, but the sweet potatoes provide a deeper and more flavour. You can make big batches of these beauties and then freeze them. Whisk the sweet potato with almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. I served these waffles with vegan hollandaise sauce and sliced avocado (my favourite combo), but they’re also great on their own with maybe a drizzle of syrup. These vegan gluten free potato waffles are delicious, satisfying and so convenient. Vegan Sweet Potato Waffles with Apple-Date Slaw . The sweet potato gives these waffles a nice golden color, while the warm spices add wonderful flavor. You can skip this step if you like, but freezing it on the baking sheets makes it so that they are less likely to stick together in the container. Enjoy! Even the cinnamon in this recipe will give your health a boost. Bake and mash one small sweet potato. Author: Heidi Perry. My large sweet potato is pretty large…probably close to 2.5 cups lol Thanks! You can also cook sweet potatoes in the microwave which is the quickest method. Add the … Heat a waffle iron to medium-high. They can even decrease the risk of childhood asthma! Easy, right? There’s nothing better than to start the day with a stack of fluffy pancakes. From vegan sweet potato waffles, to vegan sweet potato casseroles, they are so versatile and delicious. Once you’ve got your batter, heat up your waffle maker and spritz it with a bit of cooking spray. 36 mins. Your email address will not be published. These sweet potato waffles don't contain any eggs or dairy, making them suitable for vegans. If you don't have, any sweetened kind, you may want to add a bit of sweetener to this recipe. It’s a little more effort, but this way only takes 15 minutes to cook. Stir to combine. 5 min 20 min 25 min . These sweet potato waffles (vegan) are so crispy and delicious while also being sneakily healthy vegan waffles. These whole-grain sweet potato waffles are easy, scrumptious, and packed with nutrients! It is also an extremely easy vegan waffle recipe, since the blender does most the work. 2 cups all purpose flour. Sweet potato waffles are so easy to make – you’ll be wondering why you’re not making them every day! Enjoy a stack for breakfast or scoop some ice cream over a warm one for dessert! These sweet potato vegan muffins started out as an experiment, I wasn’t sure how they would turn out. These sweet potato vegan muffins started out as an experiment, I wasn’t sure how they would turn out. Not only are these vegan sweet potato muffins super yummy but they also pack … If you are looking for another delicious vegan waffle recipe, check out this vegan Belgian waffle recipe or any of our other vegan brunch recipes. They just taste like happiness. This can take around 2 hours. It’s been about 4 years since I shared this recipe for Sweet Potato Waffles with you! Sweet potatoes contains tons of fiber, vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. These homemade vegan Sweet Potato Waffles are only 6 ingredients and incredibly easy to make. Add some peanut butter in the middle for a fun waffle sandwich! In another bowl, combine the flours and the rest of the dry ingredients. https://www.egglesscooking.com/gluten-free-vegan-sweet-potato-waffles Log in. 1 1/2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes. Our Vegan Loaded Potato Waffles are the ultimate breakfast for dinner food! Blend for 1-2 minutes … Vegan Sweet Potato Waffles Prepare as directed, except substitute 6 Tbsp. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl. IF YOU’RE INSPIRED BY THIS POST MAKE SURE TO SNAP A PIC Optional, top with bananas are fruit or top with some homemade/ vegan These vegan waffles are crispy and everything you could want from a waffle breakfast. Add the flours, baking powder, salt, and spices. We use it to control the level of fat absorbed by the waffles and to maintain their shape & texture 6 egg whites, at room temperature. Sweet Potato (45%) Potato Sunflower Oil Rice Flour Dried Potato Salt Stabiliser (E464)* Dextrose Turmeric *E464 is derived from a natural plant material. https://paleoglutenfree.com/recipes/sweet-potato-paleo-waffles Gluten-free vegan potato waffles. If you are looking for more low calorie breakfasts, lunches and dinners, checkout our roundup here! Grease your waffle iron with avocado oil or coconut oil and … Your email address will not be published. I’m so glad you liked it! Ingredients: 1 sweet potato shreaded ( I used a cheese grater) 2 Tbsp. Fluffy with a hint of sweetness and Whole30 approved! I usually prefer my breakfast sweet, but nothing beats a big savoury breakfast or brunch on Saturday. When waffles are done remove from iron and plate. Even better, they are sneakily healthy vegan waffles with oats and sweet potato making up the bulk of the batter. Simply take a cooked and peeled sweet potato, mash it, and combine it with non-dairy milk and a vegan “egg”, which is just flax or chia seeds combined with water. Course: Breakfast Cuisine: American Servings: 4 people. At least, I definitely don’t, I am not a morning person at all. filtered water . The perfect breakfast … Waffles are my love language. 5 min 20 min 25 min . Vegan, gluten-free, and made in the blender. Here are a few ways to enjoy them… Topped with natural peanut butter or almond butter for extra protein and healthy fat to keep you fuller longer! 2 cups all purpose flour. Cinnamon is an anti inflammatory and is loaded with antioxidants, among many other amazing health benefits. There are plenty of ways to cook your sweet potato. Wholesome + delicious. Enjoy! If you don’t have a waffle iron you can find affordable ones here. 5 mins. In a blender or food processor, add flax mixture, oats, sweet potato, almond milk, 2 tablespoons tapioca starch, agave, … Get creative with your toppings to make these vegan sweet potato waffles as simple or as decadent as you like for a perfect vegan breakfast treat. Ingredients . Oats are another power food. Cook in a preheated non-stick waffle iron until golden and crispy (makes 6). Cook in a well-oiled waffle iron according to iron directions. I definitely want to try adding chocolate powder, what a great idea! They also have been linked to weight loss, lower blood sugar levels, and reduced risk of heart disease. The only time I’ve had a problem with them getting messy is when I get impatient and try and open the waffle maker a hundred times before they are done. Do you have an approximate measurement of how much cooked sweet potato to use (ie. After all, waffles don't have to be sweet, but can also make you very happy when they're savory. Required fields are marked *, 365 Everyday Value, Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats, 18 oz, Dream Blends Classic Original Organic Rice Drink, 32 oz, Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker, Silver, 1. Rich, warming spices, and sweet potato are blended into an easy gluten-free blender waffle batter that is transformed into the perfect fall breakfast! They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Something else I love about these homemade sweet potato waffles is how versatile it is. These Flourless Vegan Sweet Potato Oats Waffles are the best easiest gluten-free waffles for the entire family. They can be stored in the freezer for up to three months. The applesauce works as a binder. couple pinches of salt. Vegan Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole. 1 tablespoon baking powder. It’s chock full of vitamins A, C, B6, Manganese, potassium and more. These dairy free waffles freeze well and can then be popped in a toaster to defrost and heat at your convenience. Fold in the sweet potatoes. Preheat waffle iron; lightly grease or spray with non-stick spray. You can also prep them ahead of time either by making the batter ahead or by freezing them for a quick morning breakfast/brunch. In a bowl, mash the cubed sweet potato and add the plant-based milk, maple syrup, and canola oil. Stir to combine. Recipe for delicious, fluffy Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes with chocolate chips. Stir until combined. Today we want to show you how to make crispy potato waffles, so basically latkes in a waffle iron. Don’t let that fool you though, they are just as tasty as unhealthy waffles (especially if you slather them in maple syrup and whip cream like I did). Then you throw in the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Whisk the sweet potato with almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Grease your waffle iron with avocado oil or coconut oil and … No eggs. 2 Ingredient Flourless Sweet Potato Waffles (Paleo, Vegan, Whole 30, CEP/AIP+ Reintroductions) Prep Time - Cook Time - Total Time. No dairy. Serves 1-2. Cook in a preheated non-stick waffle iron until golden and crispy (makes 6). If you put it all the way to the ends it might overflow as it cooks. I do prefer them freshly made though, so better to save the batter ahead of time then the premade waffles. If you are looking for more sweet potato vegan recipes, check out this sweet potato shepards pie or these sweet potato muffins. AND TAG #WHITSKITCH - I'D LOVE TO SEE! Add the flours, baking powder, salt, and spices. The perfect breakfast or … Roasted Red Pepper + Sweet Potato Pasta >>, Spiced Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Cashew Sauce >>, 1 chia or flax egg (1 tablespoon chia or flax + 3 tablespoons warm water). The only thing better than waffles for breakfast are waffles for dinner. Made right in a blender, these waffles are naturally sweetened, fluffy, thick, airy, and full of sweet potato + oat flavors. There’s your vegan waffle batter. Serves 1-2. All you need is potatoes, rice flour, and some spices. It takes around 45 minutes to cook this way, but so little effort. So I haven’t measured it out, I’ll have to do that soon, but my guess would be it’s around two cups, but probably not more then that. These homemade vegan Sweet Potato Waffles are only 6 ingredients and incredibly easy to make. For breakfast, or dinner! If you are looking to use up a cooked sweet potato, or a way to bring a delicious twist to a classic breakfast, definitely try out these sweet potato waffles. Vegan, gluten-free, and made in the blender. With a good one it should take around 5-7 minutes. The vegan hollandaise. So delicious. Boil 1 cup of cubed sweet potato in water until soft (approx. https://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/sweet-potato-waffles-vegan These sweet potato waffles are everything and they need to be on your breakfast table asap! Cheesy Sweet Potato Waffles are made using just three ingredients and ready in under 20 minutes! In the past, I haven’t always had the best luck with vegan waffles. You will need: You will need: 400 ml oat milk or other plant based milk You can make big batches of these beauties and then freeze them. couple pinches of salt. Spray the waffle iron before placing waffle mixture on iron. Separate the eggs into two additional mixing bowls. Combine cooked sweet potato and oats in your blender and blend until somewhat broken down. Hi Friends! Vegan sweet potato waffles. Oil-Free. In the past, I haven’t always had the best luck with vegan waffles. These Sweet Potato Waffles are kid-friendly and perfect for breakfast, pre-workout fuel or an afternoon snack. All you need is potatoes, rice flour, and some spices. ground chia seeds. 1 1/2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes. 1 cup milk. No gluten, dairy, or eggs. These vegan waffles have a wonderful taste and texture, thanks to aquafaba. These waffles are also completely nut free, dairy free, gluten free, have no added sugar! Whisk together all wet ingredients in a small bowl, then fold into dry. Top with fruit, nuts, maple syrup, etc. Are these actually able to stick together without a chia/flaxseed egg? Check on waffles periodically so they wont overcook. Give it a quick … They ended up getting rave reviews from everyone who tried them, including my non vegan friends! Feb 22, 2016 - Flourless Sweet Potato Waffles are the perfect way to shake things up at breakfast lunch or dinner! For some reason, they’re just trickier than pancakes, but that didn’t put me off from trying new variations, including of the savoury kind – and I have to say that using potatoes as a base for waffles is at the top of my list of foods that I could never get bored of. The batter can be stored in an airtight container for up to two days before using it. You can place them on a wire rack to speed the cooling process. Rewarm in a toaster or oven for best results. Sweet Potato (45%) Potato Sunflower Oil Rice Flour Dried Potato Salt Stabiliser (E464)* Dextrose Turmeric *E464 is derived from a natural plant material. I can’t wait to try this recipe! The sweet potato gives these waffles a nice golden color, while the warm spices add wonderful flavor. It’s the perfect fall breakfast! There are almost endless possibilities for savory waffles. Sweet Potato Waffles with Sunbutter Cream (Paleo, Vegan, AIP Option) Prep Time. 41 mins . Add the flours, baking powder, salt, and spices. These Sweet Potato Waffles make a perfect, fluffy gluten free waffle. Made right in a blender, these waffles are naturally sweetened, fluffy, thick, airy, and full of sweet potato + oat flavors. Combine cooked sweet potato, and oats in a blender. 6 Tbsp. Once they are completely cooled, place them on baking sheets and pop them into the freezer until they are completely frozen. They are filled with Manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium and more. To freeze the egg free waffles, wait for them to cool down completely after cooking. They are done when they are all crispy on the outside. Please enter your email to continue. This recipe was actually the first recipe to kickstart my obsession with using sweet potato in any sort of savory or baking dish! After mixing the wet ingredients, mix the dry (oat flour, cinnamon, and baking powder) and combine it all in a big bowl. In a food processor or blender, add sweet potato, oats, rice flour, soy milk, avocado oil, flax egg, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and cardamom. If you are using a container make sure it’s a good airtight freezer container for the same reason. Oil Spray; Health Benefits – Sweet Potato Waffles (Vegan) These really pack in a great nutritional punch Watch Queue Queue. These vegan gluten free potato waffles are delicious, satisfying and so convenient. Directions: 1. Aquafaba is the thick liquid that comes from soaking or cooking beans or legumes—it’s the liquid you see when you open a can of chickpeas. Your email address will not be published. Bake and mash one small sweet potato. Sending (47) Prep-time: 20 minutes / Ready In: 30 minutes; Makes 6 waffles; print/save recipe. flaxseed meal for the eggs (stir together and let stand 10 minutes before using) and 1/2 cup each desired nut milk for the milk and vegan yogurt for the Greek yogurt.Nutrition analysis per serving: 715 calories, 12 g protein, 96 g carbohydrate, 32 g total fat (3 g sat. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. https://www.godairyfree.org/recipes/vegan-hashbrown-waffles Watch Queue Queue In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside. Team sweet or savoury? water and 3 Tbsp. Even if you are not gluten free, you will LOVE these Gluten Free Sweet Potato Waffles! Please enter your email to continue. After all, waffles don't have to be sweet, but can also make you very happy when they're savory. https://www.wickedspatula.com/easy-paleo-sweet-potato-waffles-recipe From vegan sweet potato waffles, to vegan sweet potato casseroles, they are so versatile and delicious. I like to double wrap them if you are putting it in a freezer bag to ensure they don’t get freezer burnt. ground chia seeds. https://www.whitneyerd.com/2016/01/healthy-sweet-potato-waffles.html To the bowl with the yolks, add the sweet potato, oil, vanilla and almond milk, and beat together until smooth. Gluten-free vegan potato waffles. Oil-Free. Jun 4, 2016 - Add some vegetables to your breakfast routine with these decadent Sweet Potato Waffles with Blueberry Sauce! Today we want to show you how to make crispy potato waffles, so basically latkes in a waffle iron. Some of my favorite toppings include maple syrup, whip cream, and pomegranate seeds but top with whatever you enjoy. You may have to open the blender and scrape down the sides to make sure it gets well incorporated. Top with fruit, nuts, maple syrup, etc. *Simply grind oats in a blender until they're a fine flour consistency. Feb 22, 2016 - Flourless Sweet Potato Waffles are the perfect way to shake things up at breakfast lunch or dinner! Vegan Sweet Potato Waffles Prepare as directed, except substitute 6 Tbsp. The vegan … They ended up getting rave reviews from everyone who tried them, including my non vegan friends! You can also make a big batch and store leftovers in the fridge for up to three days. Serve with fruit for a great brunch platter element! Ingredients . Cook in a preheated non-stick waffle iron until golden and crispy (makes 6). Cancel continue. When your waffle iron is hot, spray with the oil and pour your batter in. They also promote gut health and support healthy vision. From then it will depend on your waffle iron on how long it takes to cook. flaxseed meal for the eggs (stir together and let stand 10 minutes before using) and 1/2 cup each desired nut milk for the milk and vegan yogurt for the Greek yogurt.Nutrition analysis per serving: 715 calories, 12 g protein, 96 g carbohydrate, 32 g total fat (3 g sat. These Flourless Vegan Sweet Potato Oats Waffles are the best easiest gluten-free waffles for the entire family. The only thing better than waffles for breakfast are waffles for dinner. Vegan Sweet Potato Waffles with Apple-Date Slaw . Whisk the sweet potato with almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Spread out the batter, but not to close to the edge. Some of my favorite sweet potato recipes are my Vegan Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce, Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins, Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies, and my Flourless Fudgy Sweet Potato Brownies! Pop them straight in from the freezer and enjoy your easy vegan breakfast or brunch! 1/2 teaspoon salt. If you haven’t yet tried vegan sweet potato waffles, let me tell you, they are awesome. Remove and enjoy! Ways to enjoy these vegan sweet potato waffles. My go-to topping, for sure. Sending (47) Prep-time: 20 minutes / Ready In: 30 minutes; Makes 6 waffles; print/save recipe. These waffles have the crisp crust and fluffy interior like traditional waffles, but the sweet potatoes provide a deeper and more flavour. This video is unavailable. So it's time to play with my waffle molds again. On busy mornings, heat leftover waffles in a 350°F toaster oven for 10 minutes. Pour egg and milk into the blender with the sweet potato and oat base. Cook Time. Add variety to your breakfast and keep it healthy. Sweet Potato Waffles [Vegan] 8.3K Views 9 years ago. An easy fruit slaw takes these naturally sweet waffles to the next level. 1 cup)? 1 tablespoon baking powder. Jun 9, 2018 - These sweet potato rosti are crisp on the outside and warm and soft on the inside — perfect for brunch! This recipe was actually the first recipe to kickstart my obsession with using sweet potato in any sort of savory or baking dish! water and 3 Tbsp. On busy mornings, heat leftover waffles in a 350°F toaster oven for 10 minutes. The Best Vegan Lentil Sausage Roll Recipe, Easy Vegan Caramel Sauce Recipe | Dairy Free Caramel Sauce. These waffles are also completely nut free, dairy free, gluten free, have no added sugar!