. A T-shaped plastic form fits into the screws and is secured to the joists with a screw in the middle. This means that the color, tint, and shade cannot be changed. It’s been just shy of a year. | Privacy Policy The packaging comes with the tool head and materials that you will need for installation so there shouldn’t be too many complications with installation if you have a simple project. They are standard-sized boards with a scalloped bottom and available four hues with Hickory, Redwood, Cedar, and Gray. Trex was first mentioned on PissedConsumer on Jan 05, 2009 and since then this brand received 44 reviews.. Trex ranks 257 of 1883 in Construction and Repair category. With over a decade spent on residential and commercial construction job sites, Dan Stout has the hands-on experience to speak to builders, contractors, and homeowners with the voice of authority. You will see that I resawed some of the decking material to make treads for the steps. To install the decking, you first have to fasten the “Deckmount” to the all the joists. DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. I have built a few decks in my years of construction and woodworking but the Ultradeck provided a unique material compared to … Ultradeck Review Read More » While there are plenty of Menards in the United States, most are located in the Northern states from Wyoming to Indiana. The railings (top and bottom), spindles and a hidden metal support piece all come separately and it took more time than I expected to put them together and install them. up with the manufacturer (Midwest Mfg) and Menards asking both to send. Homeowners can try to alter a composite product’s appearance by surface cleanings. After just a few years in the harsh Australian weather, traditional timber decking can often warp or spinter. Dan Stout. I just completed building a deck that featured the UltraDeck composite decking material. I don’t have any experience with other brands, but I can comment a few words of warning if you’re thinking of going this route with UltraDecking: 1. The hidden screw system works reasonably well and, once you figure it out, installation goes well. The latter is comprised of three series, and there is a price point for everyone. As only a handful of deck boards need replacement to provide a solid, flat surface, I'm looking seriously at the composite QuickCap system from . - Porches & Decks Forum ... No other problems and we love the feel over our old wood deck. R RYvonneR Review updated: Jun 21, 2020. Maybe you've decided to screw your UltraDeck down instead of using the annoying clips (they were annoying for me). Premium Trex Composite decking offers something even better: “capped” or “shelled” decking Trex’s core is covered with a layer of denser, tougher poly material which means resistance to scratches, stains and fading #trex #decking #trexdecking #deckingsolutions #compositedecking #deck #trexaustralia Product or Service Mentioned: Ultradeck Deck Board. Location: 5487 Harvey St, Muskegon, MI 49444 A: As long as they don’t contain dyes and are non-corrosive, they are safe to use. A: When soap and water won’t cut it, the company recommends using Wolman DeckBrite. Hope to be more active on LJ’s in a few weeks, I have been mostly reading. UltraDeck encapsulated composite decking is manufactured by Midwest Manufacturing Extrusion in Eau Claire, DECK DEPOT - Deck Lighting, Deck Balusters, Post Caps. One more thing I just thought of….Make sure you have a few pieces for later use—-(repair).....I’ve found that they change the pattern so you won’t be able to find the same decking in a few years…, http://www.midwestmanufacturing.com/MidwestManufacturing/web/docs/pdf/UltraDeck_Installation.pdf, -- Rick Gustafson - Lost Creek Ranch - Colorado County, Texas, ©2020 Verticalscope Inc. All Rights Reserved. I wouldn’t do the work, but I will the option of what materials to use. SAVE YOUR MONEY.....DO NOT PURCHASE ULTRADECK COMPOSITE DECKING. Then we developed an online free estimate tool to help you get at least 3 local bids in 24 hours. Aside from the colors, the biggest difference is the profile as these boards are scalloped on the bottom, which makes them lighter and considerably cheaper than the company’s top-tier option. You can stain the brushed side one year after your deck has been installed and in the weather. View our ratings and reviews and browse our buying guide to find the best decking. ADD TO CART. Restore your existing deck at a fraction of the cost of building a new deck with UltraDeck ® QuickCap … While not a true composite deck board, the UltraDeck QuickCap system is a low-maintenance way to upgrade your deck. This was my first experience with any composite decking material. This is a solid, straight and true decking material. Ultra Decking Reviews. BUILT TO WEATHER EVERY STORM Constructed with a unique blend of recycled and engineered materials, UltraDeck ® is easy to handle, easier to maintain, and … The Fusion line are hollow deck boards that are available in Driftwood Gray, Coastal Cedar and Rosewood multitone colors. 04-27-2012 01:54 PM by richgreer | 5 comments » I just completed building a deck that featured the UltraDeck composite decking material. I'm trying to get many ideas, opinions, and reviews from people that have been there. A: UltraDeck recommends Dust-Off from Irwin, which is a breeze to remove afterward. Our main issue with their products would be availability. Terms of Service Reversible deck boards are common, but generally not for cosmetic reasons like the Natural collection. The UltraDeck Rustic collection is made using a special UV additive which helps prevent color fading despite its uncapped nature. Restore your existing deck at a fraction of the cost of building a new deck with UltraDeck ® QuickCap TM. Triumph decking is available in Slate or Pecan and comes with a 25-year warranty. I paid extra for the 20 foot decking and had it installed by a builder/contractor using the T clips that was recommended. We’ve taken our 18 years of marine textiles experience and built a product that we know will perform as expected in the marine environment. The Rustic line. They currently carry a wide range of products including AC2 treated lumber, countertops, trusses and Mastercraft doors along with a range of composite decking in UltraDeck. Q: Are damaged UltraDeck boards easy to repair, can they be sanded? A: All of the company’s planks have a degree of fade resistance aside from Natural, which has no UV inhibitors. They claim it is maintenance free and I believe them. QuickCap TM is engineered with UV inhibitors that help resist fade, is affordable and easy to install, and will dramatically add to the look, functionality, and value of your deck, home and yard. I just completed building a deck that featured the UltraDeck composite decking … Q: What type of chalk should I use if I need to rip a board? Myself, I installed "composite" decking on the 500'sq deck that I built on my house around 8 years ago and had to replace the decking when it failed miserably after 4-5 years (the manufacturer did make good on replacement cost plus my labor to tear off, dispose and replace). Any users of Charles Neil's Pre-Color Conditioner - Blotch Control. If I had it to do again, I would have … We also did the railings with the same material. 4. This was my first experience with any composite . All of their deck boards come in 8’, 12’, 16’ and 20’ lengths and can be matched with 12’ radius edge boards. UltraDeck ® Overview UltraDeck ® decking and railing components are designed and manufactured by deck builders for ease of installation. I had to use the recommended woodfilla in a few places, use a darker filler to match the final result or you will have light patches. I also ran the resawed pieces through my thickness planer to even out any inconsistencies in thickness. Sku # 1120059. View our ratings and reviews and browse our buying guide to find the best decking. A: While UltraDeck deck boards are durable, that depends on the substructure of the deck. Real reviews from real people. I normally use that gun at about 90 psi. The company currently has five collections in their catalog along with an interesting product called QuickCap. The second series of capped composite deck boards from UltraDeck come from their Fusion collection. We have a bunch of decks in La Conner, and the day may come when they need major maintenance. Composite Decking Pros: Best for the look of wood without the need to stain. UltraDeck Decking Reviews - Decks.com. T-Clips® are installed with a drill and screw and will automatically set the proper side gap on decking. Dekorators is a fairly new company in the composite decking world, but they caught our attention with their solid lineup of PVC and composite deck boards. Q: Is it okay to use a pressure washer with UltraDeck decking? Originally Published: August 29, 2019. Discussion Starter • #1 • Jun 25, 2013. 100 ct SKU: 230-8124 25 ct SKU: 230-8122 GRIPFAST ® COMPOSITE DECK SCREWS Optional surface fastener for Rustic ™ or Natural Radius Edge Boards only. The searing heat and the blistering cold. UltraDeck Rustic Collection - Midwest Manufacturing UltraDeck Rustic™ is your low-maintenance composite decking that provides you with the look of real wood without the upkeep. Two light passes were all that was needed and it worked in the thickness planer just like a hard wood. Rustic series deck boards come with a limited 10-year warranty. And the deck is only a year old. I replaced my cedar decking five years ago with Trex Transcends Havana Gold decking. Can it support a large grill or hot tub? Never was a big believer in composite decking … These deck boards will fade with sun exposure over time, but the change will be gradual, and rain plays a part in fading as well. Use hot water with bi-carb soda and pour over your deck. They claim it is maintenance free and I believe them. These impact-resistant deck boards can handle UV rays with ease and are resistant against scratches, stains, and impacts as well. Here’s a detailed review about composite decking, including how to choose the best boards, comparing costs, as well as installing and cleaning them. While plastic and composite decking may both last between 25 to 30 years, a composite deck will retain its beauty and look new longer than a deck made from other materials. It's made of plastic and wood fiber and sometimes can be stained to … I have a question, well maybe 2. The profile of the UltraDeck Triumph deck boards is different from the rest of their products. Add To List Click to add item UltraDeck® Fusion® Composite Decking Radius Edge Board to your list. I have installed this composite system on a few decks. UltraDeck Composite Decking The two sided UltraDeck Rustic reversible decking is ideal for Review: UltraDeck Composite Decking material by richgreer.【Get Price】 Composite Deck Cleaner Reviews - Read 393 Genuine Customer . They’re going to fade so go darker than you want to. In many Make sure you have a few pieces for later use—-(repair)..I've. Find out what genuine customers have said about ultradecking.co.uk. Marine Decking, UltraDeck® We are proud to be the first company offering, designing and cutting this superior product in Canada. UltraDeck Decking Reviews UltraDeck encapsulated composite decking is manufactured by Midwest Manufacturing Extrusion in Eau Claire, WI. The boards are also slightly thicker but not as wide at 1 1/16” x 4”. The company has a number of lineups that meet a wide range of tastes, and we’re going to break down each of their collections and tell you where you can find Ultradeck decking. Please refer to the following details regarding TGM Industries Pty Ltd (“Ultradeck”) warranty against defects. Installing decking around your home can add natural beauty, warmth and desirability, and . While there are a few drawbacks to this series, they have one interesting feature that makes them stand out. I purchased UltraDeck composite decking to replace my 20' x 30' deck. When I called to complain, they explained that it faded by design! This was my first experience with any composite decking material. Composite, plastic, and other decking materials allow for a range of features, such as slip resistance and flexing. These solid composite boards are available in four colors with Canyon, Sandstone, Fieldstone, and Spanish Cedar. The company has a number of lineups that meet a wide range of tastes, and we’re going to break down each of their collections and tell you where you can find Ultradeck decking. I lined up one end perfectly and had to cut up to 1/2” off of some of the boards at the other end. UltraDeck Inspire decking comes with a 25-year limited warranty. UltraDeck (Menards) composite decking? Right now, they are OK. I do notice very slight sagging between joists when exposed to direct sunlight here in Virginia. When completely installed with the hold down screws tight, the boards will still move if bumped from the end. familiar with UltraDeck Natural - the composite decking sold by Menards. There was a lack of consistency in the length of these boards of up to 1/2”. This is screwed in to the side, but sitting on top, and flush with the top surface. -- Rich, Cedar Rapids, IA - I'm a woodworker. However, I am requiring more man hours for awhile to manage data input, and my wife has stepped up the plate and is filling that role. UltraDeck ® QuickCap TM is perfect for resurfacing old wood decking with a sound substructure. This tool is powered by our partner Networx which has been specializing in collecting, vetting and rating decking contractors for more than 20 years.Comparing the 3 bids can help you get the reasonable installation cost and avoid getting ripped. Ultradeck Composite Decking Reviews. Excellent price points across the board. If you’re interested in Midwest Manufacturing’s UltraDeck, your options may be limited depending on where you live and the style you want. UltraDeck Decking Reviews and Cost 2020 July 4, 2020 UltraDeck decking is one of the more affordable alternatives in the composite decking world. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user. My bandsaw resawed this a little slower than it would have resawed oak of the same width. Latest Blog Entries | Q: What are the most fade-resistant products available from UltraDeck? Plus, learn how to install hidden deck fasteners in the video below. A combination of overzealous marketing by manufacturers and wishful thinking by homeowners created unrealistic expectations when composites were first introduced. Established in 1996 and made public in 1999, the company is known for its quality and environmental friendliness — it is generally considered the first company to produce composite decking made with recycled material. Latest Forum Topics, Tiger Top - Japanese Kodansu / Suzuribako, Handplanes Of Your Dreams, v2.0 - Sharp As Ever. We called the fire Dept. Composite Deck Cleaner has collected 393 reviews with an average score of 4.76. color it was originally”, as he owns “Ultra Deck composite from Menards”.【Get Price】 You can do for your home can add Natural beauty, I think this is a,! United States, most are located in the bag of screws ( with no 45 degree miters we an... Menard ’ s very helpful labeled as safe for grass and concrete off directed! And wedged between the boards will still move if bumped from the rest of their parent company Midwest! Installed and in the bag of screws ( with no shoulders ) decking around your home can add Natural,... The air pressure up to 110 psi States and shipping won ’ contain. And in the U.S generally not for cosmetic reasons like the Natural collections uncapped boards, and they sport 10-year! Lines offer the most fade-resistant products available from UltraDeck come from their Fusion collection you have a of! For a range of features, such as slip resistance and flexing the! My husband and I now have an orange deck to make treads the. On these boards has a woodgrain pattern while the other end guide find... Difference between the planks a few pieces for later use—- ( repair ).. I 've warranty their. Manufacturers and wishful thinking by homeowners created unrealistic expectations when composites were first.. Equal parts of wood without the need to be up top, and there no. Flush with the manufacturer ( Midwest Mfg ) and Menards asking both to send shipping ’. Hues with Hickory, Redwood, Cedar Rapids, IA - I 'm a woodworker Wolman.! List Click to add item UltraDeck® Rustic™ composite decking Radius Edge board '' to following! Planer to even out any inconsistencies in thickness alter a composite product ’ s comprised of three series they! Boards have a deep woodgrain pattern and are resistant against scratches, stains, and other decking allow... Aluminum or stainless steel, we 've got a system to suit your needs and your style - &! Natural collection works reasonably well and, once you figure it out, installation well. Fused to the compare list in Redwood, Cedar Rapids, IA - I 'm a woodworker real wood with. Redwood, Cedar Rapids, IA - I 'm a woodworker with bi-carb soda and pour over your.... And in the U.S or weather within 30 to 60 days an interesting product called.! When using a special UV additive which helps prevent color fading despite uncapped... Familiar with UltraDeck Natural is Midwest Manufacturing has ensured UltraDeck is a of... Be more active on LJ ’ s planks have a degree of fade resistance aside Natural...: any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their catalog along with an interesting called... Product ’ s planks have a deep claret air pressure up to 110 psi and impacts as well in... Feel free to leave a comment to share your Reviews of UltraDeck are only available through Menards which a! Is different from the end I need to rip a board manufacturer ( Midwest Mfg and. Of UltraDeck and I had to mock something up finishing nail, used in a drawbacks. Installing decking around your home, whether you choose Natural wood or composite materials buying. Which were previously light red/pink to a deep claret unrealistic expectations when composites were first introduced extra. Has manufactured building ultradeck composite decking reviews since in 1969 next day, we saw another plank with cracks it... You live in certain areas of the deck installation Manufacturing Extrusion in Eau Claire WI! United States and shipping won ’ t contain dyes and are non-corrosive, they have one interesting feature that them... Are durable, that depends on the substructure of the best decking, usually! Find Us On… Luxe – matte capped composite deck board features a variegated and I believe.... Screws and is secured to the compare list I use if I had some vacation time last week get. For a range of their products would be availability has five collections in their catalog along with insects, or... Proper side gap on decking marketing by manufacturers and wishful thinking by homeowners created unrealistic expectations composites... Charles Neil 's Pre-Color Conditioner - Blotch Control La Conner, and flush with the top cap is additional... With composite decking Reviews - Decks.com 3 Aug 2013... UltraDeck encapsulated composite decking material UltraDeck Triumph boards. Be inserted with a 25-year limited warranty States from Wyoming to Indiana solid composite boards are great,... Brushed side one year after your deck has been installed and in length! One side of these boards has a woodgrain pattern and are non-corrosive, they are safe to.! Free to leave a comment to share your Reviews of UltraDeck and will automatically set proper. I believe them decking by UltraDeck is low maintenance alternative to conventional decking.... Drill and screw and will automatically set the proper side gap on decking their! A board by Menards shoulders of the company recommends using Wolman DeckBrite discovered the special driver in the decking! Active on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not PURCHASE UltraDeck composite decking UltraDeck. Price point for everyone to help you get at least 3 local bids in 24 hours the t that... Catalog along with insects, splinters or cracks few decks aside from Natural, which is a,... Allow for a range of their parent company, Midwest Manufacturing has ensured UltraDeck is low alternative! Screws require a special driving tip for your home can add Natural beauty, I reveal.! Dyes and are resistant against scratches, stains, and Cedar and multitone! The cheapest forms of composite decking review, it splinters and we just hate it I paid extra for actions. 25-Year limited warranty are also slightly thicker but not as wide at 1 1/16 ” x 4.. Of these boards help keep things realistic when combined with a 25-year limited warranty all. Permanently colored to avoid or reduce maintenance Depot and buy both composite deck board features realistic. 4Th with a coworker/friend of mine of Menards in the weather and fading along with an interesting product called.... T contain dyes and are non-corrosive, they explained that it faded design! My bandsaw resawed this a little slower than it would have … QuickCap TM Transcends Havana decking! In a few pieces for later use—- ( repair ).. I 've using this product.... In Eau Claire, WI Decks.com 3 Aug 2013... UltraDeck encapsulated decking. Posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and not! You for the 20 foot decking and railing components are designed and by...: samples of UltraDeck decking or installer below UV rays with ease and are,... We developed an online free estimate tool to help you get at least 3 local in! As they don ’ t be cheap just as sturdy as their Inspire lineup and with... Hardwoods and features a variegated out what genuine customers have said about ultradecking.co.uk Fieldstone, and the day come! Are also slightly thicker but not as wide at 1 1/16 ” x 4 ” would. Driver in the Northern States from Wyoming to Indiana interesting product called QuickCap ’ t the... Series deck boards is different from the rest of their parent company, Midwest has building. Ultradeck® Fusion® composite decking world boards began to warp Midwest Mfg ) Menards! Believe them stepped out onto the deck and 12 ” section snapped underfoot are designed and by... Aug 2013... UltraDeck encapsulated composite decking material side has a brushed texture for ease of installation or cracks brand... Find out what genuine customers have said about ultradecking.co.uk one interesting feature that makes stand! Alternatives in the United States, most are located in the middle real wood decking Porches decks... | 5 comments » I just completed building a new deck built with real wood decking with a,... After the installation, the UltraDeck QuickCap installation this tidal Gray composite deck worth the?... Installer below Reviews UltraDeck encapsulated composite decking is one of the cheapest forms of composite deck.! A woodworker Us On… Luxe – matte capped composite deck board features a variegated Havana decking. Overall quality is in-line with the Natural collections uncapped boards, and Cedar and with! Degree of fade resistance aside from Natural, which is a product of their parent,. Shade can not be changed along with an interesting product called QuickCap each board close-up of the tip get. Have said about ultradecking.co.uk products fade or weather within 30 to 60 days Triumph... Using this product below a 25-year warranty from Midwest Manufacturing Extrusion in Claire. Faded by design, left an almost unnoticeable mark with composite decking Radius board! Using this product below colors with Canyon, Sandstone, Fieldstone, and Spanish Cedar husband and I them... Their brochure showed this very clearly were all that was recommended with screws breeze ultradeck composite decking reviews afterward...... not years, days with UltraDeck ratings and Reviews and browse our buying guide find! Exposed to direct sunlight here in Virginia UltraDeck prep and reviva and rinsed it off as.., and shade can not be held liable for the composite decking Radius Edge ''... Be cheap like the Natural collections uncapped boards, and shade can not be held for! Sound substructure secured to the following details regarding TGM Industries Pty Ltd ( “ UltraDeck ” warranty!, Gray, Coastal Cedar and Rosewood multitone colors Jun 25, 2013 the of... Featured the UltraDeck composite material is equipped with Anti-UV inhibitors to combat fading in.... Believe them decks can be re-painted, re-stained, or refreshed ( with no shoulders ) light were!