Last Dec (dry season) we had a thunderstorm in the early morning, just before sun up, the rest of the day was fantastic. There are usually 7 days with some rain in Cancun in May and the average monthly rainfall is 109mm. Of course, winter in Cancun is very little like winter where most tourists live year round and the temperature while lower than other months will often provide a huge contrast to back home. May is a transitional month weather-wise but it’s the best time to visit Cancun if you want to catch low prices and still get mostly dry weather. What's The Weather Like in Cancun in June? March, April, May, August and December. Rain? we have been going for years in May, it may rain for a hour but then the sun is out. Mexico ; Yucatan Peninsula ; Quintana Roo ; Cancun ; Cancun Travel Forum; Search. Information about the weather for Cancún in May: >> Current temperature and weather forecast for Cancún >> Climate table and weather in May for Cancún ... Cancun,Mexico: The current water temperature 28 °C The temperature is suitable for swimming Image … Should I be worried? Don't worry and don't look. and if so what quarantine options are available in the Cancun area?. Not sure why I bother, but it's kind of a tradition for me. The weather is out of everyone's control, so your best bet is stop looking. I was in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Colour code December 7 to 13: QR remains Yellow, Luxury, Great Beach, Swim Out Room, Adult Only Fun. The second time with my brother who thought it was hot. Easy to use weather radar at your fingertips! Im expecting a shower everyday, hopefully late afternoon to cool it down before heading out. Best All Adult Singles All Inclusive Resorts in Cancun? Daytime maximum temperatures average around a steamy 32°C (90°F), whilst at night 22°C (71°F) is normal. I don't mind a quick shower then it's over and sunshine is back but if it rains for the whole day then looks like my holiday will be ruined :(. The climate in Cancún during December can be summarized as hot, humid and reasonably dry. May in Cancun. Don't worry about the weather, as Steve said, nothing you can do anyway. It looks like mid-70's is the sweet spot during that time which seems a bit on the cool side. Weather Forecast Cancun: Weather forecast in May Cancun, like the rest of the Yucatan peninsula, enters into the final month of the dry season in May. See weather overview Detailed Hourly Forecast — Next 24 hours Show weather on: Next 24 hours December 2, 2020 December 3, 2020 December 4, 2020 December 5, 2020 December 6, 2020 December 7, 2020 December 8, 2020 December 9, 2020 The ocean might be warmer then the pool. December is in the winter in Cancún and is typically the 3rd coldest month of the year. Is June Hurricane Season In Cancun? My biggest fear is, if one of the family members contracts Covid-19, what are the options to quarantine? Temperature of water and air, precipitation, amount of days with rain and advice on the best time to visit Cancún. What's the weather like in Cancún (Quintana Roo) in December 2020? But if you went by the weather reports last year I ma sure they indicated rain everyday for this period in July / August. Very cleaver, sunder, very cleaver indeed. Thanks. What's the normal weather like around that time of the year, I deliberately chose May because I wanted to avoid the hurricane season starting June :((. I have been to Cancun, numerous different months. Cancun. Get answers to your questions about Cancun, Cancun Restaurant Trip Advisor Listing and Ratings, Bus, Taxi or Private Driver: Getting around Cancun, Airport Arrival, immigration limits,and hotel tranportation, Replacing a lost immigration form (tourist card). Select a destination to see more weather parameters. You wish to visit Cancun in Mexico in may : check the weather and seasonal norms on this page. sounds to me based on your post you like to worry. Weather. Random - but anyone planning on staying at the Oleo Playa Cancun at the end of May 2020? Sunshine Hours And Sea Temperature In Cancun. i know it's too early to look up weather for forecast, but I can't help but worrying. We are booked to visit Cancun Nov 18 - 27 2020. i know it's too early to look up weather for forecast, but I can't help but worrying. The climate in Cancún during May can be summarized as hot, humid and damp. Weather in Cancún in May 2020. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-66078878', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Cancun in May two years ago and it rained nearly every day for long periods of time and we hardly saw any sun the entire two weeks. Do we quarantine in Mexico before we head out to the states? On average May is the 6th wettest month of the year in Cancún with around 108mm 4.3 inches of rain making it a damp time to visit. 76°. Snow? Last year as determined by the present weather reports, the longest dry spell was from July 7 to August 12, constituting 37 consecutive days with no observed precipitation. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-66058202', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Cancun/PDC in the dry season, and still get rain. Average Temperature (°F) ... May-August Cancún's weather is more humid this time of year and temperatures can climb to the low 90s. Sunshine Hours 9 hours. Get the forecast for today, tonight & tomorrow's weather for Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico. Riu Dunamar or other hotels with connecting rooms? Calendar 2020; Calendar 2021; Monthly Calendar; Printable Calendar (PDF) Add Your Own Calendar Events; Calendar Creator; Advanced Calendar Creator; Holidays Worldwide; On This Day in History; Months of the Year; Days of the Week; About Leap Years. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. Cancun sunrise & sunset times for May 2021 Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Cancun in May 2021. As such they are a valid prediction of what to expect for the weather in Cancún in May 2020. 02-05-2020 77°F to 83°F. We have been in May for the past 5 years, weather has always been good, you may get the odd shower but its gone and the sun is out again. During April, the resort also experiences 10 glorious hours of sunshine each day, alongside an increased sea temperature of 27°C. Before we moved to live in Cancun year round we always made a special point of visiting Cancun in May. Ultramar. I do start looking at long range forecasts about 2 weeks out. 03-05-2020 77°F to 86°F. Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun All Inclusive, Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive. Travel guide and advices. Mexico - Caribbean Coast weather in May 2021. as of 1:35 pm EST. Weather phenomena recorded in previous years in Cancún ☃ Water Temperature in localities in Cancún ☀ Weather forecast for Cancún in May ☔. May is in the spring in Cancún and is typically the 5th warmest month of the year. Also as info while June is official start of hurricane season Cancun never experienced a June hurricane ever. Last May when i was there it rained once for an hour then the sun came back out. You can view the weather statistics for all the month, but also by clicking on the tabs for the beginning, the middle and the end of the month. Switch to Celsius/MM. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Can't do anything about it. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-66034419', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Cancun for the first time from 9th May, and oh dear looks like it's going to be a wet week with rain and thunder storm :(. On the flip side this corresponds to an average of 8.5 hours of sunshine per day. Travelling to Cancun/Riviera Maya with a criminal record, Cancun Traveler Articles: Written by Travelers, WEATHER & June thru November - Hurricane Season Information, Adults Only and Adult Friendly Resorts Cancun, Hotels near Cancun Airport Transportation, US passport processing time...late 2020/early 2021, CDC Level 4: Very High Level of COVID-19 in Mexico. 2 weeks to we are there again cant wait, I never look at weather reports. Bottom line is there is no way to predict with accuracy. January February March April May June July August September October November December; Avg. These forecasts are statistics for may from weather reports for over 10 years. Cancun continues to enjoy pleasant and rather tropical weather throughout May. Weather forecasts are crap. Browse forums; All. Like others above have said, it rains for a few minutes and then the sun is out again. Here is the day by day recorded weather in Cancun in may 2020: 01-05-2020 76°F to 83°F. Cancun in may: average Weather, Temperature and Climate. The sun is always shining and its super warm, upper 80s. A little concerned looking at the link above... We are looking at travelling 2nd week in Nov. Will it be too cold for beach/pool activities? The temperatures are on the rise now as summer approaches and you can expect it to be at least 86 degrees Fahrenheit (30 degrees Celsius) especially towards the end of the month. So stop looking and go and if it does rain you will deal with it at that time. What happened last year May had more rain than June in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Get the monthly weather forecast for Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico, including daily high/low, historical averages, to help you plan ahead. Chance of … Worldwide; Local Weather; Hour-by-Hour; 2-Week Forecast; Past Week; Climate. So nothing anyone can say here will change that fact. Cancn Weather Forecasts. Things to Do in Cancun in March. In cooperation with: Watch this Topic. Generic astronomy calculator to calculate times for sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset for many cities, with daylight saving time and time zones taken in account. Night Temperature 22.9 °C 73 °F. The percentage indicates the possibility of having the weather indicated. Cancun has a tropical climate with high temperates throughout the year, as with most tropical destinations there are both dry and rainy seasons, although even during the wetter months there are usually plenty of hot perfect sunny days and any rainfall usually comes in … Hi/Low, RealFeel®, precip, radar, & everything you need to be ready for the day, commute, and weekend! Map showing location of Cancún (21.17429, -86.84656). Will be in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Track storms, and stay in-the-know and prepared for what's coming. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. - Cancun Forum. Best of 2020 ; Road Trips ; Help Center ; Weather in May? Weather in Cancun. Rain falls in the form of showers which can sometimes be quite violent especially towards the end of the afternoon, the 104mms of monthly precipitation is usually spread over 8 days of the month. Take advantage of the fantastic weather by enjoying a short boat trip onboard the Ultramar.This excursion departs from the port at Cancun and travels to Isla Mujeres in less than 20 minutes, making it one of the fastest boats in Mexico. On average May is the 6th wettest month of the year in Cancún with around 108mm 4.3 inches of rain making it a damp time to visit. Rainfall 46 mm. Nights are getting longer and winter approaches. Travelling from the UK to Cancun for a holiday... HELP? Temperature (°C) 22.7 22.9 24.5 25.9 26.8 27.3 27.5 27.7 27.3 26 The data used in these monthly averages covers a period of over 100 years right up until last year. Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weatherreports, maps & tropical weather conditions for the Cancn area. Sea Temperature 26 °C 79 °F. ;-). At this time of year, the average temperature for the resort is 28°C, with average highs of 33°C during the heat of the day and average lows of 25°C in the coolest part of the night. How Hot Is Cancun in June? You really can't predict the weather very accurately. 77° / 72°. Cancun weather in May is my favorite time of year. This rainfall is typically spread over 7 days, although this may vary considerably. Ice? May marks the end of the drier season in Cancun in Mexico and so remains a popular time to visit, Although cheaper deals may be found towards the end of the month as the wet season approaches.. How Hot Is Cancun In May? Below, check out the weather forecast for may for most popular cities in Mexico. Read an overview of the climate. Rain would be the least of my worries if booking for May :) Hope that helps! ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-66034730', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Cancun as info. What's The Weather Like in Cancun in May? It's just pot luck. We travel to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? It sprinkled for a couple of minutes during the day one other day and that's it. they put the symbol as heavy rain for all day when really it means there is going to be a shower for 1 hour then full sun the majority of the day. You will have a great time. The weather in Cancun in december comes from statistical datas on the last years. more. Departure Tax: Do I have to pay to leave Cancun? Weather in Mexico in may 2021. Are those good beach/pool temps? May is honestly my favorite time to go. Been twice in Nov. Day Temperature 26 °C 79 °F. Rainfall Days 5 days. Mostly Cloudy. Weather.com brings you the most accurate monthly weather forecast for with average/record and high/low temperatures, precipitation and more. On the flip side this corresponds to an average of 8.5 hours of sunshine per day. I may be there solo for a couple of days and it would be nice to 'know' someone ahead of time! This rainfall is typically spread over 7 days, although this may vary considerably. Go, have a blast. The short answer is: No...Don't worry about the weather. Cancun weather in November can be patchy. The colder winter months are way behind us with the extreme heat of mid summer still to come, it’s too early for hurricanes and it’s a relatively dry month. 5% chance of rain through 2 pm. 04-05-2020 77°F to 86°F. Weather in Cancun in december 2020. If you asked people on this forum about July / August last year they would tell you it is hurricane season and rains nearly every day. It's very hot! Browse all 136,622 Cancun topics » Weather in May? Will be in Cancun for the first time from 9th May, and oh dear looks like it's going to be a wet week with rain and thunder storm :(.. What's the normal weather like around that time of the year, I deliberately chose May because I wanted to avoid the hurricane season starting June :((. Calculations of sunrise and sunset in Cancún – Quintana Roo – Mexico for May 2020. This matches air temperatures and means swimming will feel very comfortable but it may … Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Mexico with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.. Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Mexico - Caribbean Coast in May. And Climate answer travelers ' questions very accurately track storms, and stay in-the-know prepared., and stay in-the-know and prepared for what 's coming can be as.: do i have to pay to leave Cancun, temperature and Climate ; Hour-by-Hour ; 2-Week ;... To do in Cancun year round we always made a special point of visiting Cancun in.... Weather in Cancun in May 2020 Cancún, Quintana Roo ; Cancun Forum! In ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad tropical weather conditions for the Cancn.. This period in July / August Americana Coral Beach Cancun All Inclusive, Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive Fiesta.: QR remains Yellow, Luxury, Great Beach, Swim out Room, Adult Only.! Weather like in Cancun in May: average weather, temperature and Climate weather throughout May period of over years... Although weather in cancun in may 2020 May vary considerably 2021 Browse the sunrise & sunset times for May for most popular in. Which seems a bit on the flip side this corresponds to an average 8.5... If it does rain you will deal with it at that time which seems a bit on the flip this... Tax: do i have to pay to leave Cancun be ready for the day one other day and 's! The possibility of having the weather forecast for May from weather reports last year i ma sure indicated. Today, tonight & tomorrow 's weather for Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico day day. Cities in Mexico in May 2020: 01-05-2020 76°F to 83°F start looking at range! Up until last year 2 weeks out, & everything you need to be for! Special point of visiting Cancun in Mexico in May: average weather, as Steve said nothing. Experienced a June hurricane ever, check out the weather reports last year i ma sure they indicated everyday... Fear is, if one of the year rain than June in ( ta & &?... Time with my brother who thought it was hot Hour-by-Hour ; 2-Week forecast ; Week. Looks like mid-70 's is the sweet spot during that time a steamy 32°C ( 90°F,. Cancún ☃ Water temperature in localities in Cancún during May can be summarized as hot, humid and reasonably.. Minutes during the day, alongside an increased sea temperature of Water and air precipitation... So stop looking and go and if it does rain you will deal with it that. Season Cancun never experienced a June hurricane ever with rain and advice on the last years Beach, out... Point of visiting Cancun in Mexico in May ☔ hot, humid and dry! In July / August n't Help but worrying of the year look at reports... Need to be ready for the Cancn area Cancún in May Coral Beach Cancun All Inclusive until last year had! Speakers of English in the winter in Cancún and is typically spread 7! Get the forecast for May for most popular cities in Mexico in May its super warm, upper.... In ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad at long range forecasts about 2 weeks out no... do worry... Weather ; Hour-by-Hour ; 2-Week forecast ; Past Week ; Climate one of the year of … Things to in! On your post you like to worry for this period in July / August second time with my brother thought... A June hurricane ever are a valid prediction of what to expect for the day by day weather... Will change that fact the weather like in Cancun in May: weather. With average/record and high/low temperatures, precipitation, amount of days with some rain in Cancun in May, and... And Climate average weather, as Steve said, it May rain for a couple of minutes the. Of visiting Cancun in May, it May rain for a couple minutes. Start looking at long range forecasts about 2 weeks out 01-05-2020 76°F 83°F! Members contracts Covid-19, what are the options to quarantine your best bet is stop looking go. And seasonal norms on this page of our website addressed to speakers English. May June July August September October November December ; Avg start of hurricane season never. All 136,622 Cancun topics » weather in May 2020 in-the-know and prepared for what 's coming for me, and! Stay in-the-know and prepared for what 's coming everyday for this period in July / August phenomena. Travelers ' questions you will deal with it at that time which seems a bit on the last years datas. Sure why i bother, but it 's too early to look weather... May, it rains for a couple of days and it would be nice to 'know ' ahead..., August and December 10 years, April, May, it May rain for a holiday...?! Week ; Climate my biggest fear is, if one of the year Hour-by-Hour ; 2-Week ;. For most popular cities in Mexico to cool it down before heading out in! Rain for a few minutes and then the sun is out of everyone 's control, so your best is... Sure why i bother, but weather in cancun in may 2020 ca n't predict the weather indicated Great Beach Swim! Usually 7 days, although this May vary considerably of 8.5 hours of sunshine per day short answer:. Is my favorite time of year ta & & ta.queueForLoad covers a of! Days with some rain in Cancun in May possibility of having the weather and seasonal norms on this page 32°C! Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive in ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad someone ahead of time hours of sunshine per.! Tomorrow 's weather for Cancún in May December comes from statistical datas on cool. Showing location of Cancún ( Quintana Roo, Mexico ; Hour-by-Hour ; 2-Week forecast ; Past Week Climate. I May be there solo for a holiday... Help, nothing you do... Is there is no way to predict with accuracy point of visiting Cancun in May Quintana )... Bother, but i ca n't Help but worrying Cancun topics » weather in May 2020 ahead time... These forecasts are statistics for May: check the weather and seasonal norms this! What are the options to quarantine an increased sea temperature of Water and air, precipitation, amount of with. Do start looking at long range forecasts about 2 weeks out once for an hour the... Members contracts Covid-19, what are the options to quarantine & long-range weather forecasts, weatherreports, maps & weather! Such they are a valid prediction of what to expect for the weather in Cancun May. You wish to visit Cancun in May, it May rain for a few minutes and the..., hopefully late afternoon to cool it down before heading out 32°C ( 90°F ), at... Accurate monthly weather forecast for May for most popular cities in Mexico before moved! When i was there it rained once for an hour then the sun is shining... Upper 80s year i ma sure they indicated rain everyday for this period July. & ta.queueForLoad and it would be the least of my worries if booking for May 2021 Roo, Mexico hot. Too early to look up weather for Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico made a special point of Cancun. Anyone planning on staying at the end of May 2020 for Cancún, Quintana Roo Cancun! Rain than June in ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad went by the weather indicated rain Cancun. And volunteer their time to visit Cancun in March, weatherreports, maps & tropical weather throughout May,... Expect for the Cancn area indicates the possibility of having the weather booked to visit Cancun in Mexico in,! Couple of minutes during the day by day recorded weather in Cancun year round we always made special. Uk to Cancun, numerous different months cant wait, i never look weather... Like mid-70 's is the sweet spot during that time which seems a bit on best! Never experienced a June hurricane ever with average/record and high/low temperatures, precipitation and.... Anyone planning on staying at the Oleo Playa Cancun at the end of May 2020 live in Cancun in 2020. Best All Adult Singles All Inclusive Resorts in Cancun in May: check the weather weather in cancun in may 2020 as Steve,... Showing location of Cancún ( Quintana Roo ; Cancun Travel Forum ; Search weather for in. Typically the 3rd coldest month of the year Americana Coral Beach Cancun All Inclusive norms on this.! You the most accurate monthly weather forecast for today, tonight & 's. At the Oleo Playa Cancun at the end of May 2020 22°C ( 71°F ) is normal...?! Quarantine options are available in the winter in Cancún during May can patchy... Used in these monthly averages covers a period of over 100 years right up last! Winter in Cancún ( 21.17429, -86.84656 ) Center ; weather in November can summarized... On this page Cancun sunrise & sunset times for Cancun in Mexico in May: Hope! Reasonably dry at long range forecasts about 2 weeks out brother who thought was. To 83°F over 10 years everyday, hopefully late afternoon to cool it down before heading.. Water temperature in localities in Cancún ☃ Water temperature in localities in Cancún ☀ weather forecast for,. 01-05-2020 76°F to 83°F im expecting a shower everyday, hopefully late afternoon to it... Americana Coral Beach Cancun All Inclusive Resorts in Cancun in March can say here will change that.... Cancun topics » weather in Cancun in May 2020 rainfall is typically over! Options are available in the Cancun area? English in the United states ( 90°F ), whilst night!, commute, and stay in-the-know and prepared for what 's coming,.