If your top-load washer won't agitate or spin, and it makes a grinding sound, the gear case might be the problem. terrydenise. 8 years ago. I have a Whirlpool washer (model LA7800XT) that does not agitate or spin but does everything else fine. Keep the load size reasonable, use … To get at this you have to take the whole shell off the washer. Whirlpool Washer WTW4800XQ2 Will not agitate or doesn't agitate Will not agitate is the 5th most common symptom for Whirlpool WTW4800XQ2. Troubleshooting a top load washer that won t drain or spin video tips and tricks whirlpool cabrio doesn #39 washing machine stopped mid wash water has turned this weird blue any ideas of what may be causing this? These are the same steps I take in repairing washers professionally. If the motor windings fail or the bearings on the motor lock up, the motor won't run. « Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 11:10:39 PM » Place the part number 3954388 in the box to the left up top of this page where it say "Enter part number". It will fill all the way so super full level and then drain. The washer's drive motor provides the force to rotate the spin basket. To check this on most , with no water you should have continuity on pins 7&15. A Whirlpool washer may not spin or drain because the pump may be clogged, the breaker may have been tripped and simply needs to be reset, the washing machine lid may be defective, the motor coupler may be broken, a belt may be broken or the transmission isn't shifting properly. If the lid switch assembly fails, the washer will not spin. I have a washer Whirlpool Cabrio at the spin cycle it just goes to the right alittle then to the left alittle no spinning. Whirlpool Washer Won't Spin or Agitate. C6. Even though you won’t be going near any electrical components, unplug the washing machine. Washer won't agitate or spin and hums when trying Hello all, So the other day my wife throws in a load of laundry and comes back hours later to find that the washer control knob is in the off position (as if it completed the cycle) and the tub is full of water. Whirlpool completely redesigned their washer in the early 1980's The first direct drive washers appeared in 1983 The drive motor runs water pumps out but the washer won't agitate or spin The drive motor coupler may be broken Motor Runs but No Spin Agitates Ok The drive motor runs and the washer drains but it won't spin I have a whirlpool cabrio washer that will not agitate. it s thintwin washer/dryer combo : fixit wtw57esvw1 banging when agitating applianceblog repair forums fixed agitate but drains ok Drum sits still on spin and pump runs. Dismantle the washer’s tub. I did a jump on the lid and it still won't spin, so I believe the lid switch is good. Sears and Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer Info . It takes Less than 15 minutes to fix on average. I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washer about a year old. My Whirlpool Cabrio WTW5600XW0 will begin cycle, but once it reaches the spin or agitate cycle it clicks to lock the lid, and motor engages and the washer attempts to spin and then immediately stops and will not continue. This is an essential safety step any time you repair or troubleshoot your appliances. If your washer won’t agitate but spins, a broken agitator may be to blame. Get shopping advice from experts, friends and the community! Re: Whirlpool Washer doesn't spin, agitate, or drain? Unplug the washer. I replaced the motor coupling. Yeah - Answered by a verified Appliance Technician. If the washing machine does not agitate go to manual diagnostic mode: motor, agitate. We changed the coupler...but the hard way! To stop this … How To Reset A Whirlpool Cabrio Washing Machine Read More » This easy-to-follow repair guide and video show how to replace the gear case in a top-load washing machine. It ends with a ol code sometimes. check motor operation (washer should agitate and spin). Motor coupling good and so is lid switch. Remove the 2 clips on top of washer & pull plug for the lid switch. I've … Whirlpool washer won't agitate or spin [ 6 Answers ] This machine is probably about 10 years old. The lid switch assembly prevents the washer from spinning when the lid is open. 1 Washer won’t start; 2 Washer won’t spin; 3 Washer won’t agitate; 4 Washer won’t drain; 5 Washer vibrating or shaking; 6 Washer leaking water; 7 Whirlpool Cabrio washer overflowing problem; 8 Washer is making loud noise; 9 Washer fills slowly or will not fill at all; 10 Washer … Wtw5310sq0 Whirlpool washer won't spin but will agitate and drain water. This video walks you thru checking another type of switch. We had a technician come out and look at it and he said it was the drain pump and the lock! With the tub full 7&16 should have continuity. Order a replacement washplate #WPW10215115 for your Whirlpool washer and follow these steps: 1. Tuesday, September 24, 2019 • Rob Tope • Washing Machine Repair. Whirlpool Laundry Center WTW4815EW1 Will not agitate or doesn't agitate Will not agitate is the 3rd most common symptom for Whirlpool WTW4815EW1. IMPORTANT: Lid must be closed and locked to perform SPIN & AGITATE tests (manually lock in Manual Mode). However, as with any appliance, there can be problems and a need for repairs. So we changed the latch, lock and drain pump. Read more. It fills with water then jumps straight to draining. The instructions below from DIYers like you make the repair simple and easy. The washer drive motor is attached to a drive pulley with a belt or is directly attached to the drive shaft. When that model top load whirlpool washer won’t spin in most cases its going to be the actuator causing that problem.You will need to unhook the water fill hoses from the machine unplug it and lay it down or lean it back so that you can access the underneath side of the washer. Whirlpool Washer LA7800XT does not spin or agitate [ 0 Answers ] Hello. Report This by Manage My Life. Causes and Repair for a Whirlpool Washing Machine That Won't Spin or Rinse. Keep Your Whirlpool Cabrio Working Great. It acted as though it was going through the regular cycle, only it wouldn't agitate or spin. Washer fills but won't agitate, drain or spin. Whirlpool Cabrio washer won't agitate or spin Model WTW5640XWI « Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 01:48:06 PM » Broken wires at wire tie-down points are common especially between motor and capacitor and the coil of wire. Note that this page is for washers that will not agitate but will spin, so if your washer won't spin or agitate click here. When I run a wash cycle it gets stuck in constant loop of wash cycles going on and on. You will need to remove the switch, this varies with model type but the testing will be the same. Whirlpool Washer Won T Agitate. When you find your washer not agitating but spinning, check for the following common failures, and be sure to disconnect power to your washer: Broken Agitator. The Cabrio washer will agitate for 15 seconds. Time required 60 minutes or less. ... Would you please post the model number of your Whirlpool washer. You’ll find that some noise during spin or agitate is preventable if you follow the guidelines stated here. The instructions below from DIYers like you make the repair simple and easy. My Whirlpool Cabrio Washer (model #WTW6600SW2) won't spin? The washer will fill and drain but when it tries to agitate or spin I hear a grinding and clicking sound coming from the bottom of the washer. I cannot turn the agitator by hand. If the motor malfunctions, perform “Test #3b: Drive System – Motor” as outlined in the product tech sheet. Here’s a simple way of determining whether spin or agitate problem is with your washer’s transmission (also called a gearcase) or some other part like a clutch or a drive coupler. The Symptoms:The washer would come on and fill with water then stop. We have replaced the capacitor and motor recently (within 2 weeks timeframe). My husband dropped the trans and the motor to get to it. At that time, here are the symptoms that I listed for the broken washer. If you have an older whirlpool washer that will neither spin nor agitate and you can hear the motor running (not just humming) more than likely you have a broken coupler. I checked the lid switch, water level switch and they are okay. It's a whirlpool top load and 17 years old. ... it was the main computer control board that was the culprit for why the unit wouldn't spin and/or agitate. 2. It is 16 years old but only used once or twice a month and the innard components appear to be in good shape if that's any relevant.